2023-2024 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For people who sent update letters or LOIs, did you email it to admission or upload it to the portal?
Uploaded into portal

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone that is still waiting for decision submitted css profile to this school? Don't want to seem presumptuous unless this is something they'd maybe like to see

Has anyone that is still waiting for decision submitted css profile to this school? Don't want to seem presumptuous unless this is something they'd maybe like to see
If you haven't already filled out the CSS and don't have other schools you have been accepted to that require the CSS, then do not waste your time on it. If you have already filled it out or have been accepted to another school that requires it, then it cannot hurt to fill it out and send it to washu as well. That being said, it is $25/school so if it presents a financial hardship do not send it to schools you have not been accepted to OR you can ask the school to give you a waiver code for the CSS profile. Hope this helps! Filling out the CSS profile just sucks so unless you have to I wouldn't;t waste my time.

*Edit*: I also highly doubt the admissions department would place any weight on if you have completed the CSS profile already

• Love
If you haven't already filled out the CSS and don't have other schools you have been accepted to that require the CSS, then do not waste your time on it. If you have already filled it out or have been accepted to another school that requires it, then it cannot hurt to fill it out and send it to washu as well. That being said, it is $25/school so if it presents a financial hardship do not send it to schools you have not been accepted to OR you can ask the school to give you a waiver code for the CSS profile. Hope this helps! Filling out the CSS profile just sucks so unless you have to I wouldn't;t waste my time.

*Edit*: I also highly doubt the admissions department would place any weight on if you have completed the CSS profile already
Yeah it would be very very strange if they did

The CSS profile bears absolutely no weight on admissions. Also, WashU actually provides admitted students a fee waiver for the CSS!

For anyone accepted on March 4th, have you received the welcome email from the financial aids office with your log-in info?

Did anyone get like a hand written note in the mail? Along with the “You Belong” stuff?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone knows what are the half-ride/full-ride merit scholarships based on? Are they only distributed to US-citizenship applicants or International too? Thanks
Mission fit in a way the school's communications department likes to promote

For example

• Love
Mission fit in a way the school's communications department likes to promote

For example
Thanks. Found the answer on the website:
  • All accepted applicants, regardless of citizenship or state of residency, are considered for merit-based scholarships without additional applications"

I wonder what % of As have been given out...any educated guesses?
FB page is currently at 179 members, although at least some of them are current students. A decent fraction of people also probably haven't joined the FB

Hmm okay so my rough (and conservative, I think) guess is prob around 75% As have been given out
Is this the first decision date they will not include people who recently interviewed? Meaning has everyone in this decision date been passed over at least once?

Last edited:
Is this the first interview date they will not include people who recently interviewed? Meaning has everyone in this decision date been passed over at least once?
I assume so. My guess is that this is the last wave of acceptances and not hearing means a WL/R on or before April 15th

I assume so. My guess is that this is the last wave of acceptances and not hearing means a WL/R on or before April 15th
So last year the late March wave was when everyone heard back A, R or WL, though I don’t know if the school had announced an April 15 date that year. Given the AMCAS deadline to narrow down to 3 schools is on April 15, I think they may try to let us know sooner than that. We’ll see. Fingers are crossed for everybody 🤞🏼

Last edited:
So last year the late March wave was when everyone heard back R or WL or not, though I don’t know if the school had announced an April 15 date yet. Given the AMCAS deadline to narrow down to 3 schools is on April 15, I think they may try to let us know sooner than that. We’ll see. Fingers are crossed for everybody 🤞🏼
Oh wow. So no A’s last year?

Is this the first decision date they will not include people who recently interviewed? Meaning has everyone in this decision date been passed over at least once?
From what I saw it seemed like the previous waves included people who recently interviewed as well. As in, everybody seems to be considered at every wave

From what I saw it seemed like the previous waves included people who recently interviewed as well. As in, everybody seems to be considered at every wave
What I mean is were there any interviews held between the early March date (or shortly before it I guess) and the final one so that some of the A’s will be people only considered for the first time or is every A this time going to be for someone who has been passed over at least once (meaning they could have heard a decision on an earlier date and did not).

What I mean is were there any interviews held between the early March date (or shortly before it I guess) and the final one so that some of the A’s will be people only considered for the first time or is every A this time going to be for someone who has been passed over at least once (meaning they could have heard a decision on an earlier date and did not).
Oooo I see. I feel like its probably the latter but who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone else's link to the session tonight not working?

Does anyone know exactly how grading works at WashU for clinical years? I keep reading some that it is pass/fail, and some that it is pass/fail with distinctions

Damn looks like the fb group was around 130ish in May last year :/ already at 179 this year

• Care
Does anyone know exactly how grading works at WashU for clinical years? I keep reading some that it is pass/fail, and some that it is pass/fail with distinctions
The actual clerkships are full P/F and then you can get a distinction in a couple broad clinical skills areas that are aggregated across the clerkships. Current students have told me that they're basically a very easy "gold star" to get and basically for their own reference (WashU's surgical residency director said they don't care about them). So what matters is whether you passed a clerkship and your clinical eval from it (which are also apparently extremely positive).

What're we thinking haha. What was the reason to think that calls would go out today?
Because for every other Monday announced decision date, “A” calls started the Thursday and Friday before.

Who knows what no calls today means.

Because for every other Monday announced decision date, “A” calls started the Thursday and Friday before.

Who knows what no calls today means.
Historically calls on Thursday come in pretty late, starting at like 7pm EST

Reactions: 2 users
I await my rejection as I realize I never attended a conversations with admissions leadership session 😭😭 oops!

I await my rejection as I realize I never attended a conversations with admissions leadership session 😭😭 oops!
Don’t say this😭 I also never attended one and now you’ve given me something new to hyperventilate over 😭😭