2022-2023 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just withdrew my A :( I genuinely had such a great time meeting all of you and visiting STL and I’m sad that I won’t be matriculating here, but I’m hopeful that I’ll get to see some of you amazing people again during residency!

Best of luck to those who are still waiting! (I was offered an extremely generous financial aid packet so I’m sure that there will be more funds available past May 1st as well)

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Yolo just sent a second letter of intent fingers crossed for us all! Lol🫡

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think there is money that will free up. It just won’t free up for those of us that have to choose before May 1st. I know people that are dropping partial/full tuition scholarships here to go elsewhere so for sure there will be more money. Idk if it will go to those off the WL tho
I thought this was an interesting post that people who are in this situation should be aware of. Check your websites for you were excepted schools and see if they have an absolute required. PTE deadline, and it sounds like they ideally should not.

Thread 'PTE/CTE, Scholarships + Ethical Admissions; Have you been Violated? Request Assistance Please'
PTE/CTE, Scholarships + Ethical Admissions; Have you been Violated? Request Assistance Please

I thought this was an interesting post that people who are in this situation should be aware of. Check your websites for you were excepted schools and see if they have an absolute required. PTE deadline, and it sounds like they ideally should not.

Thread 'PTE/CTE, Scholarships + Ethical Admissions; Have you been Violated? Request Assistance Please'
PTE/CTE, Scholarships + Ethical Admissions; Have you been Violated? Request Assistance Please
Sorry for typos but I think you get the gist.

Sorry for typos but I think you get the gist.
It is also very clear on several sites that if you are waiting on financial aid offers from some of your schools, you do have the option to contact the school whose PTE or CTE deadline is coming up fast, and request an extension because of the situation. Most will be kind enough to grant it.

Reactions: 1 users
i guess this isn't necessarily a wash u specific question but do you guys know *when* exactly our PTE is due, considering that tomorrow is a sunday? is the deadline tomorrow at 11:59, or monday?

i guess this isn't necessarily a wash u specific question but do you guys know *when* exactly our PTE is due, considering that tomorrow is a sunday? is the deadline tomorrow at 11:59, or monday?

Also on this note, for washu do we have to CTE tomorrow? If we have waitlists elsewhere does CTE also drop those?

Also on this note, for washu do we have to CTE tomorrow? If we have waitlists elsewhere does CTE also drop those?

You just need to PTE. WashU’s CTE date is one week before orientation. Once you cte you drop all waitlists but pte does not do that.

Reactions: 1 user
Just withdrew my A here. Hope it goes to one of y'all on the WL.

• Care
Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Monday. Says so in AMCAS if 4/30 is holiday.

Do we think waitlist movement/news will only occur on Thursdays or like any day of the week?

Reactions: 2 users
after so much stress and begging i managed to secure a merit scholarship to wash u, so this is where i'm committing! self advocacy is real valuable, can't wait to see you guys in the fall :)

• Love
  • Care
Yes, but it wasn't random. It was the culmination of an in-person conversation at second look as well as several emails over the past two weeks. I'm sure i annoyed the hell out of dean ratts but it was worth it!
You got a merit call just now?

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Big drop on FB page from 223 -> 125

Last edited:
There are definitely a few - that number has now gone down from 135 to 125

Last year less than a handful of people posted getting of the WL. I guess it just happens quietly without fanfare.

Did anyone send a LOI on the portal and get confirmation? I uploaded one but haven't heard anything back

WUSTL is a T5 this year… lol
Wasn't that ranking redacted?

Also as good as WUSTL is, seems like they lose more cross acceptance than any other school in the top 10.
There's a lot of really strong schools that are placed there way more consistently than WUSTL

2023-24 pages are already up! I understand now why the post volume tanks after May 1st! Last year there was minimal activity beyond this time point. Good luck all!

If anything, I might just keep it alive with neurotic WL posting alone…

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Anyway y’all think there’s going to be more calls on Thursday? or just no pattern from now on?

Anyway y’all think there’s going to be more calls on Thursday? or just no pattern from now on?
The MSTP waitlist moved a bunch today and yesterday so I'm willing to bet MD waitlists are also going to keep moving, even if just a little bit

Participating in the neurotic WL posting!
Would prefer this over my second-choice for sure.

Already submitted like 3 LOIs so other than sacrificing an eagle feather to the spirit of my ancestors, can only cross my fingers so hard you'll need some pliers and a priest to uncross them.

• Care
hi just got off the MD waitlist so it is moving!

• Love
an update on the FB group for the WLers: 124, and several of them are current M1s!

• Love
Wdym when you say it moved a bunch?
Out of like 6 or 7 people who are waitlisted at the MSTP, something like 4 of them got off of it today and yesterday. So "a bunch" is relative. All this to say MD waitlists are probably also moving (supported @photoid's comment)

Last edited:
Got off the waitlist earlier today!

Reactions: 8 users
Can we get a FB group update? I’m wondering if it changed much with the CYMS tool glitched. I appreciate everyone who shared it earlier. Real ones for that

Can we get a FB group update? I’m wondering if it changed much with the CYMS tool glitched. I appreciate everyone who shared it earlier. Real ones for that
131, +12 in the last week

Does WashU have a good amount of waitlist movement? Past years seem to have only a few people getting off on here. And how long does it typically go until?

Does WashU have a good amount of waitlist movement? Past years seem to have only a few people getting off on here. And how long does it typically go until?

Admissions office has told me acceptances are expected to go out from waitlist even until the first day of class. However, that sort of goes without saying. I would imagine the bulk of the movement probably ends after the third week of May.

I guess at the end of the day, when I think about it, they only have 100 or so spots available. Statistically, I realize now how slim the chances are, given how many they interview and waitlist, but I won't yield until it's over.

• Care