Rowan University (RowanSOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, for those accepted where are you all planning on living? Any recommendations for aparents/studios?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, for those accepted where are you all planning on living? Any recommendations for aparents/studios?

I am sure it would be easier to get quicker feedback for this in the RowanSOM 2018 Facebook group.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got back from vacation today. It felt good distracting myself from the waitlist for the most part.

I don't even know what words to use to express myself, but I really hope I get in.

Last day to get a call is August 3rd. I hope there is some sort of miracle and I get in.

I am moving up slowly on the waitlist, and I am remaining positive.

Anticipating some more significant waitlist movement!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)

You can call admissions to get a list. Most of the students live in Voorhees. The Village, Echelon Glen (The Vistas for an upgrade), Foster Square (if you get 3 people it would be much cheaper). There are a bunch of other places as well but I would recommend asking the Facebook group or calling admissions to asking for the list.

PGY1 and alum here, many did live at Village at Voorhees, Echelon Glen , subletted rooms or shared houses by campus but if you don't mind 15-20 min drive and want more upscale area look at Collingswood Haddonfield or Haddon Heights.

15438405, member: 376245"]You can call admissions to get a list. Most of the students live in Voorhees. The Village, Echelon Glen (The Vistas for an upgrade), Foster Square (if you get 3 people it would be much cheaper). There are a bunch of other places as well but I would recommend asking the Facebook group or calling admissions to asking for the list.[/QUOTE]

Posted using SDN Mobile

Hey guys, anyone else here still waiting for a spot off of the waitlist? I called today and I am at 22%. I was originally at top 30% in Early May. The waitlist is moving slower than last year, which was moving slower than the year before!

I am hoping for a lot of movement with 3 weeks left and will definitely take an acceptance even at the very last minute!

I just wanna know if anyone has any insight into my chances or if they received any additional information about the waitlist this year.

To all those already accepted congratulations!

Hey guys, anyone else here still waiting for a spot off of the waitlist? I called today and I am at 22%. I was originally at top 30% in Early May. The waitlist is moving slower than last year, which was moving slower than the year before!

I am hoping for a lot of movement with 3 weeks left and will definitely take an acceptance even at the very last minute!

I just wanna know if anyone has any insight into my chances or if they received any additional information about the waitlist this year.

To all those already accepted congratulations!

I call every week to find out my position on the waitlist. This week I was told that I am in the top %15 with 24 people ahead of me. The woman in the admissions office said (as we have already established on this thread) that the waitlist is moving exceptionally slow. She said that they are now calling people on the acceptance list each day to find out if they are indeed committed or not. She also said that she is sure that there are people still holding acceptances that will not actually be attending which is why they are calling everyone. That is pretty much everything I know about the waitlist. I hope this helps!

I call every week to find out my position on the waitlist. This week I was told that I am in the top %15 with 24 people ahead of me. The woman in the admissions office said (as we have already established on this thread) that the waitlist is moving exceptionally slow. She said that they are now calling people on the acceptance list each day to find out if they are indeed committed or not. She also said that she is sure that there are people still holding acceptances that will not actually be attending which is why they are calling everyone. That is pretty much everything I know about the waitlist. I hope this helps!

That means there is probably around 160ish people all together on the waitlist still. That's pretty insane

Thanks for the information! I appreciate it. So basically I theoretically need at least 32 more people to withdraw their acceptances for me to get in. That' s assuming everyone ahead of me on the waitlist is in fact waiting for Rowan. I hope we get in! Crossing my fingers for some insane amount of movement.

The waitlist moved 1% between Monday and Thursday last week...

We're really cutting it close here with the wait list. Crossing my fingers until Aug 3.

We're really cutting it close here with the wait list. Crossing my fingers until Aug 3.

While it is still possible to be called and I'm hoping all of you waiting to hear back get a spot. It may be a good idea to start the process over just in case, as another cycle has already started. Making it to waitlist this cycle means they like something about you, capitalize on that by being an early candidate if no spots open up before Aug 3. Best of luck to you all!!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm gonna be withdrawing my spot today. Hopefully one of you gets it!

For the people who withdrew, did you call Paula?

Hoping for some sort of miracle....top 17% currently. This is where I ended up last year on the waitlist too (but last year I started at top 50% in late April) This year I started at top 30% in beginning of May. It's been a brutal cycle apparently.

I really hope there is some sort rapid waitlist movement and I get in! I really tried to do everything in my power to get in, starting with solid interview prep, adjusting my approach from previous years feedback, and then an early application/interview, etc. I hope I was able to portray my sincerity and I guess I just have to let the cards fall.

Best of luck to everyone who is about to start and others ahead of me on the waitlist!

2-3 withdrawals this week! hoping for more.

Reactions: 1 users

Last edited:
I was accepted off the waitlist last week! They said movement is picking up. If you were originally in the top 25% and beyond (for example, 30%-35%) your chances are looking better now.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, I called today and they said as of this morning they have confirmed the class of 2018. For anyone else, like myself, who was on the wait list I wish you all luck in the next cycle!

I was accepted off the waitlist last week! They said movement is picking up. If you were originally in the top 25% and beyond (for example, 30%-35%) your chances are looking better now.

Congratulations! Very excited that one of the die hard followers here got pulled off at least!

Hoping for some sort of miracle....top 17% currently. This is where I ended up last year on the waitlist too (but last year I started at top 50% in late April) This year I started at top 30% in beginning of May. It's been a brutal cycle apparently.

I really hope there is some sort rapid waitlist movement and I get in! I really tried to do everything in my power to get in, starting with solid interview prep, adjusting my approach from previous years feedback, and then an early application/interview, etc. I hope I was able to portray my sincerity and I guess I just have to let the cards fall.

Best of luck to everyone who is about to start and others ahead of me on the waitlist!

Hoping there is a chance you got accepted based on tjrocks previous post and have not posted yet. But if not, then we have another cycle to do this. You absolutely did better this year than you did last year, remember that. Do that again and you will not have a waitlist to worry about.

The interview can be difficult. It is what held me back this cycle too. I am a very different person outside the interview and it surprised my friends when I told them I had a mediocre interview. There is something about working so hard for a single moment that can really cause a person to lock up. What we can do is practice.

So, here is to the class of 2019 :D!! I will see you there!

Hey guys, I called today and they said as of this morning they have confirmed the class of 2018. For anyone else, like myself, who was on the wait list I wish you all luck in the next cycle!

Then I hope to see you in the interview this cycle! Definitely give Paula a call if you have not already done so. She let me know where my weaknesses were and how to improve on them. As I said with PreMedAY, another cycle is another chance at acceptance. Class of 2019 is sounding nicer and nicer anyways :p

How much Rowan accept OOS?
I am in Boston. Will I be considered as OOS?

How much Rowan accept OOS?
I am in Boston. Will I be considered as OOS?

Your definitely more regional than most, but technically anything outside of NJ is OOS. Even people who are from Philly would be considered OOS despite it being so freaking close. That being said admissions knows this and takes it into consideration.

Rowan does have an in state bias, but definitely accept people from everywhere too.

Pst. Also, this is a pretty old thread. Was wondering why I had an email notification.