2022-2023 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hoping April brings all of us waiting for ii dates some dates so we can interview!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone getting call/email to schedule an interview yet for those that received the ii?

Are they still sending out IIs? Literally radio silence from them... No R nothing! Just silence Dx

Reactions: 1 user
Are they still sending out IIs? Literally radio silence from them... No R nothing! Just silence Dx
I spoke to the dean of admissions and was told that they will most likely be interviewing into late May and possibly June

Reactions: 5 users
I spoke to the dean of admissions and was told that they will most likely be interviewing into late May and possibly June
just to clarify does that mean they will be sending out new ones through may and June or just interviewing those who already received invites.
I am actually curious about something else is this delay due to the fact they still have so many seats to fill (i think their class size is just below 300 students which is one of largest I have heard of)? is it because they are behind on interviewing? hopefully the former-- more seats for people.
I also assume that there will be a lot of movements sometime in April cause I think deadlines of holding acceptances are approaching.
Also I know they pulled a few people off of waitlists up until classes began last year - judging by last years thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
just to clarify does that mean they will be sending out new ones through may and June or just interviewing those who already received invites.
I am actually curious about something else is this delay due to the fact they still have so many seats to fill (i think their class size is just below 300 students which is one of largest I have heard of)? is it because they are behind on interviewing? hopefully the former-- more seats for people.
I also assume that there will be a lot of movements sometime in April cause I think deadlines of holding acceptances are approaching.
Also I know they pulled a few people off of waitlists up until classes began last year - judging by last years thread.
I think they extended the last ones till early May and maybe all the ones that got ii invites w/o dates will be getting dates thru april-May bc they are backed up

If anyone gets dates for ii they were offered plz keep the forum updated! I'm still waiting on a date since the past month

If anyone gets dates for ii they were offered plz keep the forum updated! I'm still waiting on a date since the past month

I’ve been waiting since 1/25, followed up, and still nothing. Glad to hear it’s not just me.

For those who interviewed: what was the format like. Was it more casual? Did they have any ethical questions? How did you research your interviewer/what questions did you ask them? How long after the interview did they get back to you ? Any insight would be appreciated !

For those who interviewed: what was the format like. Was it more casual? Did they have any ethical questions? How did you research your interviewer/what questions did you ask them? How long after the interview did they get back to you ? Any insight would be appreciated !
The first post of each school thread has a link to interview feedback. There you will find comments on the type of interview and such details.

I was definitely a bit disappointed in Rowan. It took me over 6 weeks to get my Alternate list decision and it was radio silence until I emailed them. Within 10 minutes of sending the email, they responded with an Alternate list letter. Weird.

It was a one on one interview. It was very conversational. They will send you a paragraph about your interviewer. I didn't look into them any further and my questions were based on our conversation. They got back to me in 12 days but don't know if that is the standard turn around time.

I was definitely a bit disappointed in Rowan. It took me over 6 weeks to get my Alternate list decision and it was radio silence until I emailed them. Within 10 minutes of sending the email, they responded with an Alternate list letter. Weird.
Makes me sad, I’m 3 weeks post interview and I called and emailed to no response! I had such a fun interview too so I’m confused. Seems they are definitely slow with communication this cycle.

Anyone hear anything? New IIs/existing IIs waiting for dates?

HPWL call just now. Interviewed 3/14 for SGL track if anyone wonders.

Were you on the wait list or alternate list before?

Were you on the wait list or alternate list before?

I got the call 3 weeks after the interview, that was my first correspondence post interview. I was told to look out for an email in the coming weeks as well.

Currently on Alternate List, Interviewed in February, Alternate List-ed a couple weeks later. Do I have any chance?

I got a ii in feb they said they still didn't have ii dates, anyone have the same issue?

It seems like they even rank their interviews. Otherwise it makes no sense why 2 people who were sent the initial II on the same day wouldn't also get their dates at the same time. Idk if this is the case but it looks that way. I've never heard of a school not honoring their II so I hope they send out your dates soon!

Got an ii last week of February and still no dates as well, getting pretty absurd/comical at this point…
Yea, I got the II on 1/4, didn't get my dates until 2/23, interviewed early March and still haven't heard a decision. So this whole process has been over 3 months for me...I'm trying not read into why the process seems to be so fast vs so slow at this school for some people...but it is super annoying

Yeah I haven't heard that Rowan doesn't send their ii but I assume it's ranked too which is funky

Attachments

• 8ACF1D9A-00F9-4101-9183-4917E2950074.jpeg
    8ACF1D9A-00F9-4101-9183-4917E2950074.jpeg
    174.3 KB · Views: 78
Is being placed on the alternate list in February better than receiving a HPWL in April? PCOM (my number 2) is official out of the question, so now that leaves rowan (my number 1 lol)

Is being placed on the alternate list in February better than receiving a HPWL in April? PCOM (my number 2) is official out of the question, so now that leaves rowan (my number 1 lol)
I’m not sure! I think it’s multifaceted especially with the dual cohorts. I think HPWL are pulled first but there’s a chance of things being different depending on SGL or PBL too I would guess…

Has anyone got off the alternate list? If so, how were u notified?

Any movement with admissions to SGL?

PS.
If you are admitted, follow the above link to a Facebook group created for the class of 2027 and put your name down in the list for a roommate search/match. There are many students that are still looking for roommates. There is also a link within Facebook group to GroupMe chat.

I’m not sure! I think it’s multifaceted especially with the dual cohorts. I think HPWL are pulled first but there’s a chance of things being different depending on SGL or PBL too I would guess…
hmmm, makes sense! where did you see your acceptance letter in the portal?