2022-2023 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
im losing hope for getting any dates from them tbh... i feel like may/june would be too late to interview
Don’t give up! Anything could happen. If to look into previous years they interviewed very very late as people gave up their seats last minute. Also considering how big is the new class going to be, you just never know! Did you apply to PBL or SGL?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Recently withdrew my acceptance. Best of luck to the many deserving applicants on the waitlist!

Reactions: 2 users
Don’t give up! Anything could happen. If to look into previous years they interviewed very very late as people gave up their seats last minute. Also considering how big is the new class going to be, you just never know! Did you apply to PBL or SGL?
Sgl!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Wakey wakey! Be more active in this thread and on FB group. Many here are about to become classmates! ❤️

Last edited:
Wakey wakey! Be more active in this thread and on FB group. Many here are about to become classmates! ❤️
currently on the alternate list, this forum and FB is gonna be lit if I get that A!

The anticipation is killing me. I have to move out soon. Waiting for the last minute on everything is too stressful.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, how prepared should I be ready for the pre interview orientation? Will they ask me questions?!

Hey, how prepared should I be ready for the pre interview orientation? Will they ask me questions?!
They won't ask you any questions. Look professional and maybe prepare a few questions you have about the school and you should be fine

Just got placed on the alternate list :/ Interviewed 3/15.
I got my orientation today and she said the class has been full for a while… I’ll interview 5/8 for a waitlist position most likely. But they said that there will be a huge waitlist movement so I wouldn’t overthink it

I got my orientation today and she said the class has been full for a while… I’ll interview 5/8 for a waitlist position most likely. But they said that there will be a huge waitlist movement so I wouldn’t overthink it
thanks, i hope so...i just know that HPWL is above the alternate list and I dont think Rowan rejects anyone post II, so the alternate list kinda felt like a soft R or something

So are all As coming off of the waitlists now? Should we be expecting only waitlist notifications and then the A if we are to be accepted. Just trying to know where I should keep my hopes and expectations at 😂.

So are all As coming off of the waitlists now? Should we be expecting only waitlist notifications and then the A if we are to be accepted. Just trying to know where I should keep my hopes and expectations at 😂.
Who knows. When I got my HPWL call they said the class has been full since Dec this year but someone posted that they received an A and interviewed the same week as me lol. So I’m sure there are exceptions to everything.

Who knows. When I got my HPWL call they said the class has been full since Dec this year but someone posted that they received an A and interviewed the same week as me lol. So I’m sure there are exceptions to everything.
Ahh okay. This gives me some sort of hope? I guess? Thanks !

Yes that happened to me at one school. They told us the class is full, but accepted me after 2 weeks. My interviewers were like we will fight for you and all these cute stuff

Do they not have any more HPWL seats left , do they typically AL everyone? Does anyone know if they accept off of AL?

I don’t understand why they haven’t sent pre i R out if the class & waitlist is full. I know it’s safe to say that anyone without a completed interview will not be offered one at this point but there are so many schools that haven’t sent anything yet :/

Let’s do a roll call.
Who is currently Accepted and is definitely enrolling?
Mention if you are SGL or PBL.
Pre matriculation?Yes or No
Are you currently looking for a roomate? (There is a Facebook roomate list:

BUT not everyone has Facebook so they can’t match with others for housing search).
Let’s try it here.
Time is ticking and arrangements need to be made.

I don’t understand why they haven’t sent pre i R out if the class & waitlist is full. I know it’s safe to say that anyone without a completed interview will not be offered one at this point but there are so many schools that haven’t sent anything yet :/
That’s just par for the course. I’m a reapplication and was ghosted by many schools or received formal rejections super late. Like Sep-March of the following year lmao. The schools don’t really care about your experience just that you paid.

Did any of you send thank you letters after your interviews. If so, how long after, and how long did it take you to get a reply, if at all ?

Did any of you send thank you letters after your interviews. If so, how long after, and how long did it take you to get a reply, if at all ?
Didn't send a thank you letter. I thought a couple of thank you's at the end of the interview would suffice...maybe if i did, I wouldn't have been placed on the alternate list.

Didn't send a thank you letter. I thought a couple of thank you's at the end of the interview would suffice...maybe if i did, I wouldn't have been placed on the alternate list.
nah don't say that, they don't make as big a difference as you think!

Reactions: 4 users

No reason to beat yourself over this. I got rejected from a school I sent thank yous too and got into schools I didn’t send thank yous too. It’s a truly unpredictable cycle, keep your head up !

I sent a thank you email to my interviewer and got a response, and I’m on the alternate list lol. They definitely don’t really have much of an impact.

Honestly interviewing into May and June really sucks... Its just hard to plan lol

Has anyone been pulled of the hpwl? I don’t want to pay the second deposit for my other school but the deadline is coming up 😭

Has anyone been pulled of the hpwl? I don’t want to pay the second deposit for my other school but the deadline is coming up 😭
Yeah I know that pain. I’m still hoping to get pulled off but I sacrificed my 2k to the acceptance Gods lol. Just wait as long as you safely can but a guarantee is better than risking it.

do they tend to accept off the waitlist? scared to be interviewing so late in the cycle

do they tend to accept off the waitlist? scared to be interviewing so late in the cycle
I’m interviewing 5/8… they said a lot of their students get off the waitlist specially that this year they have an extra ~ 70 seats for PBL