SDN Pre-Vet WW 10th Anniversary Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WildZoo

Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Kaydubs & Dubz Present: SDN Pre-Vet WW 10th Anniversary

Reunions always tend to be a little awkward, but it's even more strange when the last time you saw some of these people you were screaming to yeet them, or plotting to murder them in their sleep. And of course, there were some people who you had never even met before, just heard of, their names whispered in hushed tones as tales of their great betrayals were retold.

The group gathered in an ornate dining hall and settled down for breakfast. There was no assigned seating, and yet everyone found their place. Some found companionship with their noob class, others with their manatoring family. The chatter rose to a comfortable pitch, sparring with the sounds of silverware and clinking glasses.

Two figures stood and moved to the front of the room, standing side by side at a podium with a microphone. Many faces in the crowd lit up when they saw these two, fond memories of werewolf games of the past dancing through their minds, and the conversations naturally quieted. The game was about to begin.

"Friends, WW family," kaydubs began, "It is so wonderful to see all of you gathered together. Dubz and I have been looking forward to this for a very long time. We hope to bring you something special, a game worthy of the 10 years of mystery, deceit, and fun that we have shared together. We also hope it will surprise you, subvert your expectations, and most of all, remind you of all the best parts of this wonderful community."

"To that end," Dubz said, "And in homage to a player who had so much impact on the way WW developed in this community, this game is going to start off a little...different. You will be voting for a mayor, but inspired by the legacy of LIS, you will be doing so without checking your role PMs. There can't be anything that important in there anyway, right?"

The players looked at each other, some with apprehension, some with amusement. They had expected some unique turns, but none had expected this. Well, except for one, who had muttered to herself about such a possibility just before the mods had started to speak.

"Well, enough sitting around friends. Finish your meals, and let the campaigning begin!"​

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
It is now Day 1, please elect your mayor.
Voting closes promptly when the clock strikes 10pm EDT/9pm CDT/8pm MDT/7pm fantasyland.

30 players remain

1. @Animal Midwife
1.5. @Melchizedek
2. @potentialsheltervet
4. @dolphin106258
5. @Crayola227
6. @alleycat03
7. @Zenge142
8. @samac
9. @IvyMoose
10. @Viscernable
11. @Aprilthearab
11b. @Truenamer
12. @mkg323
13. @Barkley13
13.5 @Mad Jack
14. @SportPonies
15. @JustPaws
16. @justafluff
17. @capri1722
18. @weagle_weagle
19. @violetvett
20. @sunshinefl
24. @Cyndia
utc. @supershorty
42. @holdthemayo (ibp)
43. @alissa14
Etc. @genny
Etcc. @Doctor-S
???: @Dinashadow
51. @cubsrule4e

Subs:
@AceHydro
@WonderingStudent ?

Tots:
@speechy_keen
@SARdoghandler
@TelemarketingEnigma
@Dana_May_B
@bluestoat
@Lawpy

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
HOW THE SDNERS GOT WREKT - Table of Contents

Opening Post:Write-Up/Roster
Day 1:
Most Recent Mayor Election Tally - p 11 @ 9:44 p EDT Sun. 5/22/22; Final Election Tally; Write-Up/Roster
Etc: Rules
Night 1: Write-Up/Roster
Day 2: D2 Silent Auction ; Most Recent Vote Tally - p 42 @ 9:58 p EDT Tues. 5/24/22; Final Tally; Write-Up/Roster
Night 2: Write-Up/Roster
Day 3: D3 Silent Auction; Most Recent Vote Tally - p 73 @ 9:58 p EDT Thurs. 5/26/22; Final Tally; Write-Up/Roster/Etc
Night 3: (Not A) Write-Up/Roster/Clarity; (Another) Write-Up/Roster/Etc
Day 4: D4 Silent Auction; Most Recent Vote Tally - p 89 @ 6:39 p EDT Sat. 5/28/22; Final Tally; Write-Up/Roster/Deadline
Night 4: Write-Up/Roster/Deadline+Post Cap
Day 5: D5 Silent Auction; Most Recent Vote Tally - p 106 @ 3:30ish p EDT Mon. 5/30/22; AceHydro sub in for capri; Final Tally; Write-Up/Roster/Deadline
Night 5: Write-Up/Roster/Deadline+Post Cap
Day 6: D6 Silent Auction; Most Recent Vote Tally - p 123 @ 8:58 p EDT Wed. 6/1/22; Final Tally; Write-Up/Roster/Deadline+Post Cap
Night 6: Write-Up/Roster/Deadline+Post Cap
Day 7: D7 Silent Auction; Most Recent Vote Tally - p 137 @ 9:32 p EDT Fri. 6/3/22; Final Tally; Frite-Up; Write-Up/Roster/Deadline+Post Cap
Night 7: Write-Up/Roster/Deadline+Post Cap
Day 8: D8 Silent Auction; Most Recent Vote Tally - p 149 @ 6:50 p EDT Sun. 6/5/22; Final Tally; Write-Up/Roster/Deadline-Post Cap Lifted
Night 8: Write-Up/Roster/Deadline
Day 9: D9 Silent Auction; Most Recent Tally - p 159 @ 8:23 p Tues. 6/7/22; Final Tally; Write-Up/Roster/Deadline
Night 9: Write-Up/Final/Roster + Spreadsheet

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
A quick note about Z theory and how I will play this game:
Note that the arguments and facts presented here are indisputable, and that I will not engage in arguments about them, because those arguments are you wasting everyone else's time about meta that is well and comprehensively established. Go make reads so we can read you.

I've reflected on my role and realized that there is a GTO (Game Theory Optimal) play for me in this game, and therefore I am compelled to pursue it. I am going to brute force my lurking immediately upon the opening of the thread.

I am hard-claiming, and I will never be rescinding. I am Zenge142. When it becomes prudent I will provide my octaves.

Benefits:
1. I will not survive tonight: I believe the wolves are going to kill me tonight, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would ever do this if I'm not Zenge142. I believe that this decision reduces the importance of supershorty panicking to the point of it being negligible. The wolves have already been outplayed, as it were.

2. I am emotional: All of you already know I'm emotional, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would do this if I'm not Zenge142. You know this for at least two reasons. First, this is the most intense, most-memorable, highest-activity game that I've ever played in (except for Among Us). I have no need to complicate my life, if I'm not Zenge142, by open-claiming on thread open, when all I have to do is vote early to probably win. This is the rare instance where you literally know that I have a billion other options if I'm not Zenge142, AND that I would pursue probably ALL of them before pursuing this. Second, I engage in softs (soft claiming) exceedingly rarely, which necessarily means that I know that this will be (insert SDN shock emoji) and CRIMINAL to you. There is no merit to a wolf play that instantly generates (insert SDN shock emoji) and CRIMINAL responses that I would be obligated to finesse and manage for the remainder of the game. As Zenge142, which I am, the burden is totally on you to not **** up and yeet me. Makes my life super awesome.

3. There are only 30 players you need to try to read, rather than 31. I have already provided a "free" soft of me in a game with a mere 31 players. Our win equity is dramatically improved by my being entirely off the table for the entire game.

Conclusion:
The burden of sound reasoning is now entirely upon you. I am Zenge142, and thus emotional, and thus lock clear. The game is immediately simpler than it would otherwise have been, because of my decision. Now, let us enjoy that benefit and win the game.

Also, to preempt a lengthy and pointless discussion:
It is NOT dumb to ponder this post and convince yourself of its wisdom. That is your obligation as a villager, and I encourage you to think it over for as long as it takes to quell your (initially valid but ultimately unnecessary) concerns. It IS dumb to, AFTER doing that pondering, conclude that I'm "fakeclaiming" or "a treestump." That is legitimately stupid, and I won't entertain it. ONE of the reasons it is a stupid conclusion is that the upside of this play as a treestump is absolutely DWARFED by the upside of this play as Zenge142. There is no equivalency between the EV (Expected Value) gain for stump-me in this position and Zenge-me in this position. They're universes apart. That means I wouldn't DO the poorer option of the two (by extension, stump-me also wouldn't BELIEVE that I could convince the entire game of the truth of these assertions for the entire game, which as an end-game stump I would have to believe if this strategem were to be worth pursuing). A SECOND reason that conclusion is stupid is that the EV bonus of doing this as a strump is COMPLETELY DWARFED by my baseline stump EV anyway. Anything that complicates my stumping life is RIDICULOUSLY stupid for me to do, given that my stumping life is ALREADY one of the smoothest, highest expectation stumping lives in WW history anyway. A THIRD reason that conclusion is stupid is that you would probably have to worry about being EXPLOITED by this gambit in order to get there. However, I have NEVER engaged in this, or any similar, gambit in my entire career, meaning that if there IS exploitation to be had with this play, it is in FUTURE GAMES, not this game. For these reasons, pressuring me is a huge mistake and should not be engaged in by any villager, ever, in this game. There will be no less productive pursuit than that in this game.

Sucks for the wolves when octaves are wielded this brutally, but my allegiance is plain and my strategy perfect.

Get #emotional.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Note that the arguments and facts presented here are indisputable, and that I will not engage in arguments about them, because those arguments are you wasting everyone else's time about meta that is well and comprehensively established. Go make reads so we can read you.

I've reflected on my role and realized that there is a GTO (Game Theory Optimal) play for me in this game, and therefore I am compelled to pursue it. I am going to brute force my lurking immediately upon the opening of the thread.

I am hard-claiming, and I will never be rescinding. I am Zenge142. When it becomes prudent I will provide my octaves.

Benefits:
1. I will not survive tonight: I believe the wolves are going to kill me tonight, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would ever do this if I'm not Zenge142. I believe that this decision reduces the importance of supershorty panicking to the point of it being negligible. The wolves have already been outplayed, as it were.

2. I am emotional: All of you already know I'm emotional, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would do this if I'm not Zenge142. You know this for at least two reasons. First, this is the most intense, most-memorable, highest-activity game that I've ever played in (except for Among Us). I have no need to complicate my life, if I'm not Zenge142, by open-claiming on thread open, when all I have to do is vote early to probably win. This is the rare instance where you literally know that I have a billion other options if I'm not Zenge142, AND that I would pursue probably ALL of them before pursuing this. Second, I engage in softs (soft claiming) exceedingly rarely, which necessarily means that I know that this will be (insert SDN shock emoji) and CRIMINAL to you. There is no merit to a wolf play that instantly generates (insert SDN shock emoji) and CRIMINAL responses that I would be obligated to finesse and manage for the remainder of the game. As Zenge142, which I am, the burden is totally on you to not **** up and yeet me. Makes my life super awesome.

3. There are only 30 players you need to try to read, rather than 31. I have already provided a "free" soft of me in a game with a mere 31 players. Our win equity is dramatically improved by my being entirely off the table for the entire game.

Conclusion:
The burden of sound reasoning is now entirely upon you. I am Zenge142, and thus emotional, and thus lock clear. The game is immediately simpler than it would otherwise have been, because of my decision. Now, let us enjoy that benefit and win the game.

It is NOT dumb to ponder this post and convince yourself of its wisdom. That is your obligation as a villager, and I encourage you to think it over for as long as it takes to quell your (initially valid but ultimately unnecessary) concerns. It IS dumb to, AFTER doing that pondering, conclude that I'm "fakeclaiming" or "a treestump." That is legitimately stupid, and I won't entertain it. ONE of the reasons it is a stupid conclusion is that the upside of this play as a treestump is absolutely DWARFED by the upside of this play as Zenge142. There is no equivalency between the EV (Expected Value) gain for stump-me in this position and Zenge-me in this position. They're universes apart. That means I wouldn't DO the poorer option of the two (by extension, stump-me also wouldn't BELIEVE that I could convince the entire game of the truth of these assertions for the entire game, which as an end-game stump I would have to believe if this strategem were to be worth pursuing). A SECOND reason that conclusion is stupid is that the EV bonus of doing this as a strump is COMPLETELY DWARFED by my baseline stump EV anyway. Anything that complicates my stumping life is RIDICULOUSLY stupid for me to do, given that my stumping life is ALREADY one of the smoothest, highest expectation stumping lives in WW history anyway. A THIRD reason that conclusion is stupid is that you would probably have to worry about being EXPLOITED by this gambit in order to get there. However, I have NEVER engaged in this, or any similar, gambit in my entire career, meaning that if there IS exploitation to be had with this play, it is in FUTURE GAMES, not this game. For these reasons, pressuring me is a huge mistake and should not be engaged in by any villager, ever, in this game. There will be no less productive pursuit than that in this game.

Sucks for the wolves when octaves are wielded this brutally, but my allegiance is plain and my strategy perfect.

Get #emotional.
I'M ****ING DYING :rofl::roflcopter:

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Channel your inner LIS
Oh okay

Benefits:

Conclusion:

Get #emotional.
tl; dr

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
Ha
I can be at a convention and you all can’t say my difference in play is wolfy
This is fantastic

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
HELLLOOOOOO, happy to be back

• Love
  • Wow
Also, interested in how the 5 rule will play out

• Hmm
Elect April

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I wonder how lengthy of a Word document I could make if I compiled all the ISOs I've ever done between here and MU. This sounds like a good project for a future procrastinating!shorty.

• Haha
I wonder how lengthy of a Word document I could make if I compiled all the ISOs I've ever done between here and MU. This sounds like a good project for a future procrastinating!shorty.

you should publish it after you're done. It'll be like your magnum opus or something

• Haha
you should publish it after you're done. It'll be like your magnum opus or something
Maybe that can be my real dissertation.

Imagine being my committee and thinking you're going to get a dissertation on hyaluronan and Sleeping Beauty and then it's actually just a book of WW ISOs.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Maybe that can be my real dissertation.

Imagine being my committee and thinking you're going to get a dissertation on hyaluronan and Sleeping Beauty and then it's actually just a book of WW ISOs.

You'll be awarded your PhD in WW Theory :cool:

• Love
These avatars are already messing with me a lot. Can’t stop won’t stop!

Elect cyndia never been mayor either before

• Love
Elect Shorty.

She’d be good, and she’s never gotten to have the role before.

• Care
  • Love
Elect April

I want someone I think I can read well running our reunion

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
We’re road-tripping today so expect me to camp the thread later, as long as I have cell service

Reactions: 1 user

Benefits:

Conclusion:

Get #emotional.

@supershorty Is giant ass opening Zenge post that takes forever to read and may need 2 readings to completely grasp on the bingo cards??

• Hmm

Benefits:

Conclusion:

Get #emotional.
A quick note about mel theory and how I will play this game

any post more than 5 lines is getting skimmed.

That is all.

• Haha