Stupid things I've done:

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, the best example I can think of was in undergrad when my sleep-deprived self saw a picture of a cute little lobster on a Genetics powerpoint and just blurted out in class, "Aw, it's a chicken!" (Felt like a brilliant Ani Sci major at that point).

Also, when I was in my beef cattle techniques course, we were in the process of giving some heifers repro vaccines and CIDRs for a lab activity. We were working as a group to drive them single file from the corral/pen through a series of two squeeze chutes. In the first one, we weighed them, and in the second we would vaccinate/insert the CIDR, and we divided into sub groups that would manage the gates/levers/vaccines. Of course, cows aren't always patient little angels and will try to push each other out of the way, creating pile-ups in the chutes and knocking down the butt bars/gates. One time when this happened, I tried to be the "hero" of the class and tried remedying the situation by frantically pushing back on the gate of the corral as the lead heifer is headbutting it, while the heifer in the first squeeze chute is backing up against me. Note that these are relatively large cattle, and I weigh about 116 lbs and have the upper body strength of an infant. I remember my professor pulling me out of the way before it dawned on me that I could have been seriously injured.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user