As someone that's from Buffalo, and went to UB for undergrad, I wish I could have applied Early Assurance. My SAT score wasn't even remotely good enough to try it. Having a seat waiting in medical school after the sophomore year of undergrad must be amazing for the lucky few that manage to do it, especially since no MCAT score is required.🙂
Studying and sitting for the MCAT and applying through regular admissions was not easy at all for me, and I was a nervous wreck the entire time. Waiting on the UB waitlist for nearly 5 months (with no other interviews for most of it) didn't help my anxiety, either.
To the OP, if you qualify for Early Assurance admissions, and really want to attend UB Medical School, absolutely do it for a chance at saving yourself a huge amount of aggravation. In the regular admissions process, there are no guarantees at all for anyone.