You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Buffalo (Jacobs)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
realiteatv
Full Member
There is one from 10/1 on admit.orghas anyone noticed that the school has been kind of silent. they have not rolled out any interviews currently on cycle track
Went to the info session yesterday, looks like they have a small admission committee.There is one from 10/1 on admit.org
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
did you get an email about the info session?Went to the info session yesterday, looks like they have a small admission committee.
no it’s on their websitedid you get an email about the info session?
realiteatv
Full Member
Was it like a structured info session or more like a Q&A?no it’s on their website
more like info session but there was some Q&A at the endWas it like a structured info session or more like a Q&A?
Anyone going to the Open house tomorrow?
realiteatv
Full Member
I am not. I kind of thought it was a bit more geared towards people who hadn't applied to medical school yet when I read the email.Anyone going to the Open house tomorrow?
Last edited:
I am not. I kind of thought it was a bit more geared towards people who hadn't applied to medical school yet when I read the email.
I agree.
OneLastBreath
Full Member
+1 IS II 10/8
Strong community/school ties!
Strong community/school ties!
When did you complete?+1 IS II 10/8
Strong community/school ties!
OneLastBreath
Full Member
Secondary sent 8/27. I’m also a 2nd time applicantWhen did you complete?
anonymous-mouse
Full Member
Interview Day was so much fun!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats on finishing! What was it like?Interview Day was so much fun!
realiteatv
Full Member
In person interviews are very chill. It was a lunch, 2 one on one interviews, and then a tour. I was emailed the names of the people I interviewed with the day before.Congrats on finishing! What was it like?
Last edited:
Espressolover1
1º: 29 | 2º: 29 | II: 9 | A: 5
interviewed 9/16 with themhas anyone noticed that the school has been kind of silent. they have not rolled out any interviews currently on cycle track
Okay glad I wasn't the only noticing the slow movement of interview invites but glad to hear it's picking up!
anonymous-mouse
Full Member
Last year, the first A's came out between Christmas and New Year's.
realiteatv
Full Member
MSAR lists December 18th for first decision notifications. It was that day last year too.Last year, the first A's came out between Christmas and New Year's.
XpressoShot
Full Member
Can’t sleep comfortably until December 18th, I guess.MSAR lists December 18th for first decision notifications. It was that day last year too.
realiteatv
Full Member
I feel that. I interviewed early September and the wait has been tortureCan’t sleep comfortably until December 18th, I guess.
Did anyone who applied for the MD/PhD program receive an interview invite? Submitted my secondary late in sept 🙁
lucky_monkey_123
Full Member
+1 IS II LM 68 app completed 6/28!
Congrats! Did you receive it today?+1 IS II LM 68 app completed 6/28!
lucky_monkey_123
Full Member
yuppCongrats! Did you receive it today?
lucky_monkey_123
Full Member
Hey yall. Are we expected to be free for all of the possible virtual interview days cuz we don't get a choice? Like it could be any of the 7 days at any time and they only tell us a few days before? I work at a small clinic and tutoring company. If I suddenly call out, they would just be left with no scribe/MA/tutor. Would it be crazy for me to email them and indicate the days I don't have work as preference?
Espressolover1
1º: 29 | 2º: 29 | II: 9 | A: 5
Its only two short interviews (less than an hour) mine was at like 11 and then the second at 5 thats its for the interview day so possibly something you can just step away from work to do!Hey yall. Are we expected to be free for all of the possible virtual interview days cuz we don't get a choice? Like it could be any of the 7 days at any time and they only tell us a few days before? I work at a small clinic and tutoring company. If I suddenly call out, they would just be left with no scribe/MA/tutor. Would it be crazy for me to email them and indicate the days I don't have work as preference?
PurpleWitch
Full Member
You can definitely email them! I did and told them the days/times I would be unavailable. They said there were no guarantees they could accomodate but they did in the end.Hey yall. Are we expected to be free for all of the possible virtual interview days cuz we don't get a choice? Like it could be any of the 7 days at any time and they only tell us a few days before? I work at a small clinic and tutoring company. If I suddenly call out, they would just be left with no scribe/MA/tutor. Would it be crazy for me to email them and indicate the days I don't have work as preference?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
prepare for regular interview questions, know your app VERY well. That’s about it.Anyone have advice for the interview?? Nervous interviewer here...
CurledAlarmist
Full Member
read what you wrote and you'll be fine. There isn't much need to prepare for this interview tbhWhen you say "know your app" does that mean like specific anectdotes from each experience? Or sort of key takeaways from each one? I just dont really know what people mean when they say that
realiteatv
Full Member
I was asked to expand on certain things on my app and then just general questions about myself. they really try to create a low stress environment throughout the interviewWhen you say "know your app" does that mean like specific anectdotes from each experience? Or sort of key takeaways from each one? I just dont really know what people mean when they say that
anonymous-mouse
Full Member
The interview is done without your grades or MCAT, but they have read your primary and secondary. So it's a great opportunity to introduce other things you'd like to share with the admissions team.
this girly pop got caught in the rejection wave rip
+ 1 IS R
+ 1 IS R
Last edited:
fakename0987
Full Member
+1 OOS R, best of luck to everyone still being considered!
studyingallday
Full Member
+1 OOS R. my first rejection and to my dads alma mater :') but im not a NY resident so i also sort of understand lol. best of luck to anyone still waiting
rosegold0813
New Member
OOS R too! good luck to everyone!
ilostmyscapel
Full Member
OOS R, as well.
Saraccenia2026
New Member
I'm OOS and applied to their md phd program and haven't heard anything. Safe to say I'm cooked?
+1 OOS R
but im not a NY resident so i also sort of understand lol.
Im pretty surprised by all of the OOS apps. I understand yours because your dad went there, but in general SUNY schools are not OOS friendly.
studyingallday
Full Member
i figured id give it a shot given my ties, but totally understand being rejected for this reason!Im pretty surprised by all of the OOS apps. I understand yours because your dad went there, but in general SUNY schools are not OOS friendly.
XpressoShot
Full Member
Does anyone know if decisions will be released on the 18th like last year?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
notphysicsguy
Full Member
According to MSAR, it is indeed the 18th.Does anyone know if decisions will be released on the 18th like last year?
anonymous-mouse
Full Member
On the 18th, will they be putting people on the WL, R, and A? Or just acceptances and rejections?
realiteatv
Full Member
Based on last years thread it was acceptances and waitlist decisions. I believe (based on previous threads) everyone who interviews is either accepted or waitlisted.On the 18th, will they be putting people on the WL, R, and A? Or just acceptances and rejections?
PaulAtreides2122
Full Member
Is that true, everyone who interviews is either accepted or waitlisted??Based on last years thread it was acceptances and waitlist decisions. I believe (based on previous threads) everyone who interviews is either accepted or waitlisted.
notphysicsguy
Full Member
Honestly, I feel like a majority of schools do this. They just leave you hanging on the waitlist and never post-II reject until its a given because classes started.Is that true, everyone who interviews is either accepted or waitlisted??
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K