You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Temple ACMS 2021-2022
Started by AnotherPre-med
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
superintroduction
Full Member
anyone else not having any luck getting an email reply back from them? its been days and still no reply
During last year's cycle, I applied in December and didn't hear back until April/May. Other ppl in the class applied and heard back within the same month. I'm not sure the review process but hope isn't lost until you get the rejection 🙂 good luck to everyone applying!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you have any interview advice?During last year's cycle, I applied in December and didn't hear back until April/May. Other ppl in the class applied and heard back within the same month. I'm not sure the review process but hope isn't lost until you get the rejection 🙂 good luck to everyone applying!
How is your review of the program thus far?During last year's cycle, I applied in December and didn't hear back until April/May. Other ppl in the class applied and heard back within the same month. I'm not sure the review process but hope isn't lost until you get the rejection 🙂 good luck to everyone applying!
Do any of you know when the next wave of interviews are?
Do you have any interview advice?
If interviews are over Zoom, I definitely recommend making sure you have a solid internet connection and wired headphones (had an interruption during my interview because my wireless earphones disconnected). Interviewing over Zoom can be awkward, so make sure you're ready for that (facetime with friends a few days before, set up the right lighting, get used to having slightly delayed responses, etc.)
My interviews were all conversational and most of the questions were basic. Be genuine, conversational, have some solid examples/vignettes of your experiences, and have some solid reasons for why Philly/Temple and which campus you are applying for.
and last thing- if you received an interview you deserve to be there! Never felt imposter syndrome in my life until I got to that interview. Didn't see anyone like me during the group sessions and was already feeling a little discouraged after an unsuccessful app cycle, but each person chosen for an interview was literally hand-picked for consideration to LKSOM. They made that pretty clear when one of the administrators recognized my name and brought up something positive from my application in the group session (prior to any of the interview sessions). So don't let that doubt undermine how far you've gotten in the process so far
How is your review of the program thus far?
Program itself has been good. It's definitely a step up in terms of difficulty from previous undergraduate classes I have taken, but all of the professors and administration are supportive and willing to meet/work with you to figure out things that work. There's also a mentorship network where they pair you with previous successful ACMS students to give you tips and advice on the program and school to give another layer of support.
ACMS definitely sets you up for success in med school. All of the professors we've had are professors that we will be learning from during M1/M2 years, and so it's nice to get to know them within a group of 30 before you get thrown into a class of 200. ACMS students are also apparently well-known amongst faculty, so it's nice to have that network for opportunities started early. And apparently, a lot of ACMS students go on to become tutors or group leaders in the actual med school, so that's cool
Only downside I have is that learning entirely over Zoom has been a strange experience and so I don't think our class is as close as previous ones (and therefore the group studying/camaraderie/collaborative efforts probably aren't as strong as they were in the past). But with restrictions changing and our class having more in-person events and lectures this semester, that's already changed. I would assume next year's class won't face the same challenges
Because I have too much time on my hands working from home (and am also dying to know); in last years thread, the second round was the first week of April.Do any of you know when the next wave of interviews are?
Did you find any info on how many people they take from the pool they interview?Because I have too much time on my hands working from home (and am also dying to know); in last years thread, the second round was the first week of April.
I wasn't looking for that information, but you can search for yourself.Did you find any info on how many people they take from the pool they interview?
Has anyone who did not interview on 2/24 receive an interview invite for a later date? I'm trying to get a sense of whether the "second wave" of interview invites has gone out
Ive got one scheduled for 3/24Has anyone who did not interview on 2/24 receive an interview invite for a later date? I'm trying to get a sense of whether the "second wave" of interview invites has gone out
congrats! If you don't mind me asking, When did you get the interview?Ive got one scheduled for 3/24
Thanks! I think they emailed me last Fridaycongrats! If you don't mind me asking, When did you get the interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
burrows3501
New Member
Did anyone who interviewed in Feb hear back? If so, when? Just want to get an idea of the timeline! Sending good vibes to everyone
I haven’t heard anything yet. Hoping for a response soon!Did anyone who interviewed in Feb hear back? If so, when? Just want to get an idea of the timeline! Sending good vibes to everyone
Yes!Do they email you when you're complete?
Thanks!Yes!
How do u know u are under review?! Good luck!Hi everyone! Super excited to be applying to Temple's ACMS program! Would anyone know the timeline between going under review and being invited for interviews? I was put under review earlier this week, and I just wanted to know what the timeline was going forward! Good luck to you all and I hope we can all get positive news!! 🙂
Damn! we have the same sGPA but how'd u get 800 clinical hours? I have 500 research, but only 150 clinical, 150 non clinical..3.3 sGPA and around 800 clinical hrs
mambamed824
Full Member
They mentioned in an email that my application was complete and now under review!How do u know u are under review?! Good luck!
Congrats 🥺 Mind sharing stats?A yesterday. ABSOLUTELY ELATED!! This is my dream school😍
LM 69 🙂Congrats 🥺 Mind sharing stats?
Congratulations! Very well deserved.A yesterday. ABSOLUTELY ELATED!! This is my dream school[emoji7]
Waiting to hear that A from you!Congratulations! Very well deserved.
superintroduction
Full Member
do you guys think its too late to submit an app here at this point?
I just submitted a few days ago! Idk if it's too late, but def can't hurtdo you guys think its too late to submit an app here at this point?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
superintroduction
Full Member
thanks for the insight! also, do you guys know if we are able to send more than 3 letter of rec? and we can use interfolio, correct?I just submitted a few days ago! Idk if it's too late, but def can't hurt
I think they only want 3 and I used interfolio!thanks for the insight! also, do you guys know if we are able to send more than 3 letter of rec? and we can use interfolio, correct?
Congratulations!! Best wishes 🙂 Can you share your stats and your application dates?Ive got one scheduled for 3/24
Sure! Submitted 2/18, uGPA 3.5, MCAT 514Congratulations!! Best wishes 🙂 Can you share your stats and your application dates?
Congratulations future classmate!!I got accepted as well on Friday! Interviewed 2/24
Thanks, you too!!Congratulations future classmate!!
Ah, congrats! can you share your stats as well? and when you were complete/had your interview?Accepted!
I think you can take it after you submit but they might not review your app until they have it. The website says the accept CASPER scores through April 2021 test datesHey everyone,
Does the CASPER test need to be taken before or after the application is submitted?
Yes, I noticed, my application has been submitted I just was unsure about the CASPER....thank youI think you can take it after you submit but they might not review your app until they have it. The website says the accept CASPER scores through April 2021 test dates
Do we have to resend it to Temple if we already sent it to the med school during the med application cycle?I think you can take it after you submit but they might not review your app until they have it. The website says the accept CASPER scores through April 2021 test dates
superintroduction
Full Member
website says no but if you took it before may 2020 you need to take it again, otherwise you're fineDo we have to resend it to Temple if we already sent it to the med school during the med application cycle?
LT_A
New Member
For those of you who sent your letters of rec through interfolio, did you email it to [email protected]?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is there a fb group?
jae.russ
New Member
Yes! I submitted mine through interfolio, but I am unsure of how to bypass it on the PostbaccCAS application portal. Do you know?For those of you who sent your letters of rec through interfolio, did you email it to [email protected]?
Just submit a faux LOR request and tell the recipient to disregard it!Yes! I submitted mine through interfolio, but I am unsure of how to bypass it on the PostbaccCAS application portal. Do you know?