Temple ACMS 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hi, all! Thought I would try to ask. I'm on the borderline for schools, so I plan on applying to medical school and this program this next year. I was wondering if anyone has acceptance/application stats? How many people apply? It seems like there are about 35 seats, but I wonder how many people actually look into this program.
 
Hi guys! For those of you that submitted their application, did you submit official transcripts as well or are you suppose to submit them after you gain acceptance?
You need to send official transcripts to PostbacCAS directly from the school!

Here are instructions on how to do it:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You need to send official transcripts to PostbacCAS directly from the school!

Here are instructions on how to do it:
Thank you! Just submitted my application today. Fingers crossed 🤞
 
Hey y'all when are applicants notified of next steps after receiving an email receipt for their verified application? I got the notification earlier this past week and am wondering how long it takes to get a subsequent status update. Thanks and much appreciated!
 
Hey y'all when are applicants notified of next steps after receiving an email receipt for their verified application? I got the notification earlier this past week and am wondering how long it takes to get a subsequent status update. Thanks and much appreciated!
It took almost a month for me to hear anything after my app was verified
 
Hey y'all when are applicants notified of next steps after receiving an email receipt for their verified application? I got the notification earlier this past week and am wondering how long it takes to get a subsequent status update. Thanks and much appreciated!
I submitted 12/31, got the complete email 1/5, and have heard nothing since. Although some may have a speedy timeline, my process has not looked as such!
 
Just throwing out another question... temple acms (conditional acceptance) vs achs (linkage) --> what are the differences (pros/cons, eligibility requirements, classes, other components of the programs)?
 
Just throwing out another question... temple acms (conditional acceptance) vs achs (linkage) --> what are the differences (pros/cons, eligibility requirements, classes, other components of the programs)?
I believe the main purpose of the ACHS program is for students to apply broadly at the end of the program, whereas ACMS is targeted for students who want to attend LKSOM. I know that there is more of a rigid cutoff requirement for linkage through the ACHS program - you cannot have taken the MCAT more than once, you need a 3.60? or higher undergrad GPA, etc. Nevertheless, it seems like ACHS puts people in really great places and they definitely seem to have their stuff together (based on my interview with them!. Its for sure not a money scheme (which I've heard postbac programs can be) and they seem to really care about the students!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys I am currently planning to take my casper on April 13th. I know this means that Temple will get my scores after the deadline but will they still consider it? Or do they require the scores to be received by the April 15th deadline.
Also I signed up for the test by choosing the Lewis Katz Medical School, because they didn't have an option for temple's post-bac program . This is the correct way to sign up for the test right?
 
Hey guys I am currently planning to take my casper on April 13th. I know this means that Temple will get my scores after the deadline but will they still consider it? Or do they require the scores to be received by the April 15th deadline.
Also I signed up for the test by choosing the Lewis Katz Medical School, because they didn't have an option for temple's post-bac program . This is the correct way to sign up for the test right?
yes thats the correct way for the casper but im not too sure about the score deadline thing, best bet is to send them an email
 
Just got an interview invitation for Temple's ACMS program! Over the moon! 🙂 Can anyone who has previously interviewed give advice on how to prepare? I really would appreciate it!!
February interviewee here - my best advice is to be prepared for the normal battery of typical interview questions (“king for a day” hypothetical etc.), and for the open file interview, be prepared to speak about any gaps or weaknesses on your app. Overall, it was low stress and the interviewers were super amenable to normal conversation. This program wants people who *just* fall short being strong candidates for regular med school, so I would sell yourself on how you fall in that group. Also, there is a brief writing activity at the start of the interview (we were given 15 minutes) that is just like a generic secondary prompt, I’m pretty sure that this is just to verify that you didn’t pay someone to write your PS.
 
February interviewee here - my best advice is to be prepared for the normal battery of typical interview questions (“king for a day” hypothetical etc.), and for the open file interview, be prepared to speak about any gaps or weaknesses on your app. Overall, it was low stress and the interviewers were super amenable to normal conversation. This program wants people who *just* fall short being strong candidates for regular med school, so I would sell yourself on how you fall in that group. Also, there is a brief writing activity at the start of the interview (we were given 15 minutes) that is just like a generic secondary prompt, I’m pretty sure that this is just to verify that you didn’t pay someone to write your PS.
hi! what do you think you would classify as "just" falling short of med school candidacy in terms of stats? i'm trying to get an idea of what their stat range looks like for students going into this program. also, how long did it take you to hear back for an interview after submitting your app?
 
February interviewee here - my best advice is to be prepared for the normal battery of typical interview questions (“king for a day” hypothetical etc.), and for the open file interview, be prepared to speak about any gaps or weaknesses on your app. Overall, it was low stress and the interviewers were super amenable to normal conversation. This program wants people who *just* fall short being strong candidates for regular med school, so I would sell yourself on how you fall in that group. Also, there is a brief writing activity at the start of the interview (we were given 15 minutes) that is just like a generic secondary prompt, I’m pretty sure that this is just to verify that you didn’t pay someone to write your PS.
Thank you so much for this wonderful advice! It really helps!!! 🙂
 
Does anyone know how long it takes after they have received CASPER test results for them to start reading your application? My postbaccas and temple secondary was received 3/11, but my CASPER was just graded last week but it says the results were delivered to them. However, I haven't received any updates or any information about my app being checked - should I be expecting something?
 
hi! what do you think you would classify as "just" falling short of med school candidacy in terms of stats? i'm trying to get an idea of what their stat range looks like for students going into this program. also, how long did it take you to hear back for an interview after submitting your app?
From what I've heard, they holistically evaluate each app, but they also abide by the same notion as everyone else, namely that GPA and MCAT are predictive of success in med school. I have around ballpark cGPA and sGPA (~3.6) for the average allopathic matriculant, as well as a 510+ MCAT , but I had a bad senior year grade-wise. I have a coherent narrative as to why that happened, but allopathic adcoms are still going to see that as a major red flag (and they have, based on my lack of success this cycle). The ACMS adcom ostensibly doesn't want people who are for sure going to turn down an acceptance for direct admission to an allopathic school, but at the same time, based on who was interviewing the same day as me, it's about as competitive an applicant pool as a postbac comes. Hope that helps! Also, I was complete early January and heard back at the very beginning of Feb.
 
Hi, Is it too late to apply to this program?
The deadline to apply is tomorrow. If you've already applied to LKSOM through AMCAS this year, you should be able to submit everything else within a day or two since the materials transfer between the two apps.
 
The deadline to apply is tomorrow. If you've already applied to LKSOM through AMCAS this year, you should be able to submit everything else within a day or two since the materials transfer between the two apps.
Actually, it looks like the application deadline was extended to May 1st.
 
Are you sure @LT_A ? Link?

I just emailed the admissions today to confirm and they said the deadline is also April 15th...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"The ACMS application deadline has been extended from April 15 to May 1, 2021 to allow applicants extra time to complete application process."
 
Thats the one I used. Also, how competitive is the ACMS program? I got R from applying to Temple this cycle so not sure what my chances would be at ACMS if they're similar in competitiveness...
 
People who got in/got interviews, did you receive a different email from the one I did: "We are pleased to acknowledge the receipt of your verified PostBacCAS Application and Temple Secondary Application"
nothing about verification though? It seems like people have received multiple emails
 
Hello! Does anyone know if they removed the BCHS track because they are no longer offering the MCAT course specifically or because they are altogether not accepting people with scores less than what they require? Like, are they allowing people to retake in January?
 
I submitted and was complete early in December/January and reached out for a status update a few days ago... They said my application was still under review. I wish they would just give out R's so we can move on if they aren't planning to send a II.
 
Have they ever interviewed/admitted any students who have not taken the mcat yet? I was placed under review about a week ago, and they said that they will be interviewing through May.
 
Awesome! I'm sure you did well! Were the questions similar to how Scooty Puff described it above? Any difficulty on the timed writing part?
Thank you! Yes, the day overall was actually really chill and conversational! The writing portion of the interview day was super relaxed and not as bad as I anticipated either!
 
Have they ever interviewed/admitted any students who have not taken the mcat yet? I was placed under review about a week ago, and they said that they will be interviewing through May.
Does that mean they'll be sending out interviews through May or finish conducting them by then
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If anyone who is in the program now is in this thread, where do students usually live ?