Tennessee Anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got my interview invite in the mail today and it was post-marked th 23rd so they jut sent some out on monday.

that is encouraging news!!! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

So-Cali and nothing...*sound of crickets chirping*

No mail here in Florida either. I wasn't expecting anything until next week, so I guess I'll have to start checking the mail everyday again :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an INTERVIEW:D!!!!! I am in GA....My mom called me and told me, so I am not sure what the post mark date is!

Thanks for the Knoxville info! Anyone have any idea who the interviewers might be? I asked when I called to confirm my interview and they said that they usually have two teams, and don't decide until the last minute who is going to be interviewing on a given day. One of the vets I work with said she had a couple of the same interviewers when she went through the process a few years ago as the ones who were named in the forum about UT on here last year, so I was curious about whether they tend to be the same people from year to year...

OMG GACowgirl!!! YAY!!!!!!!
You better go and check your mail!!! Hopefully yours will come reaaaalll soon! I live like 25 minutes from town and tonight I am staying in town to study, so I did not want to waste gas driving all the way back home and then back to town, so when my mom called I was pretty darn happy:D...everyday since people on here have been receiving letters, I have been going home the first chance I get and today was the day that I did not go! Go figure! Well good luck to ya!

I think some of them really enjoying doing the interviews and repeat it each year but a lot of the ones that did them last year were different than the ones that were there when I interviewed. They usually have 4 interviews going at once and the teams are made up of 3 people each. The people on each team change on a daily basis so that they don't get too much in a groove while doing the interviews. There will be current students there that can help with suggestions and info about who each of the interviewers are on your team.
I know last year there was 3 or 4 of us there each day to help with the tours and talk to the interviewees while they waited for their turn.

does anyone know if letters will be trickling out through the first week ofmarch? have all the oos interview invites been sent?:bang::poke::boom:ok, it's not that bad but still...

congrats GACowgirl!:love:

:luck:Hey I just wanted to Congratulate everyone on getting interviews!! :luck:

congrats GACowgirl!:love:
Thank you!! I know how you feel about the loooonnnggg wait...Stressful! They probably have tons of invites to mail, so hopefully you will be in the stack! :luck:

tenn. is on probation now I heard, right? Needs updates for large animal in particular I think.

Yes, Moonpaw explained this exact thing in the page before this one if you're interested in hearing from a student about it, Maddsmoltz. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
i did go through the large animal hostpital as part of my tour and they told me they would be re-doing some things, including replacing the floor, but, it really didn't look bad to me. anyway if the limited accredation is due to flooring and not a shortfall in the actuall program then i think it is unlikely to have a negtive affect on anyone's education.

i should stop talking TN up, seeing as there is still no interview invite in my mailbox, but, i really thought it looked like a great schoool. and i love how they intergrate PBL sessions with traditional courses. and they have a great wildlife/zoo program (in fact they are the vets for the knoxville zoo. and my BF lives there. :smack:

but, i am really going to try to stay positive:biglove:

I got my interview invite last night, and it was also postmarked the 23rd. At first I thought it was a really nice rejection becuase it didn't start with "Congratulations!", and I had to read it over twice before it sunk in.

I'm new to this forum and am very grateful for having stumbled upon it while frantically googling "TN VET SCHOOL INTERVIEW NOTIFICATION". I'm IS and still haven't heard anything. One of my co-workers informed me yesterday that some of his friends had already heard about their interview (some via email and some via snail mail). Needless to say, I was completely distracted at work as I was only able to think about the fact I hadn't heard anything. In a fit of desperation, I called UT and left a message about the notification process. Someone returned my call and left a message saying that not all of the letters had been sent and that they intend to have them all sent by the end of this week. They went on to say that if I hadn't received anything by the Tuesday of next week that I should call back. This has made the anxiety subside SOMEWHAT .. . .however, I'm completely befuddled as to the process . . .of course over-analyzing every detail . . . anyhoo, I hope that this info might help others that are still holding their breath

I'm new to this forum and am very grateful for having stumbled upon it while frantically googling "TN VET SCHOOL INTERVIEW NOTIFICATION". I'm IS and still haven't heard anything. One of my co-workers informed me yesterday that some of his friends had already heard about their interview (some via email and some via snail mail). Needless to say, I was completely distracted at work as I was only able to think about the fact I hadn't heard anything. In a fit of desperation, I called UT and left a message about the notification process. Someone returned my call and left a message saying that not all of the letters had been sent and that they intend to have them all sent by the end of this week. They went on to say that if I hadn't received anything by the Tuesday of next week that I should call back. This has made the anxiety subside SOMEWHAT .. . .however, I'm completely befuddled as to the process . . .of course over-analyzing every detail . . . anyhoo, I hope that this info might help others that are still holding their breath

THANK YOU! I've been wondering/worried! Good luck! :laugh:

Hey! I think I know you :p

Got my interview notification today. Actually got it yesterday but just checked my mail during lunch.

Actually I wanted to add something interesting about the admissions process. The site states specifically that they do not allow Biochem courses older than 5 years. Due to a horrible oversight of mine, I did not notice this until after submitting VMCAS. My last Biochem class was in 2000, so I counted on an outright rejection. The only exception I could think of was that some of my graduate courses were Micro and taken in 2003, but they were not Biochem? Do they make exceptions? Or mabye they just did not catch it . . .

Last edited:
Got my interview notification today. Actually got it yesterday but just checked my mail during lunch.

Actually I wanted to add something interesting about the admissions process. The site states specifically that they do not allow Biochem courses older than 5 years. Due to a horrible oversight of mine, I did not notice this until after submitting VMCAS. My last Biochem class was in 2000, so I counted on an outright rejection. The only exception I could think of was that some of my graduate courses were Micro and taken in 2003, but they were not Biochem? Do they make exceptions? Or mabye they just did not catch it . . .

It may be something that Dean Brace talks to you about when you come for your interview or they may have just thought it wasn't a big deal. Usually before you leave after your interview they have you check in with Dean Brace and Deborah Shepherd just in case there was any last minutes questions about your application.

It may be something that Dean Brace talks to you about when you come for your interview or they may have just thought it wasn't a big deal. Usually before you leave after your interview they have you check in with Dean Brace and Deborah Shepherd just in case there was any last minutes questions about your application.

ok, thanks Hughes!

Just got an interview invite in the mail today! OOS (North Carolina). Good luck to everyone still waiting!

I also got an interview, but then was contacted saying that because my biochem class didn't include a certain component I would have to take it again somewhere else if I was offered a spot at the CVM. That's probably what they will tell you too.

Hi all, just received my rejection letter from Univ. of Tennessee. Bummer. I thought it was an interview invite because everyone posting so far have received interviews.

Hi all, just received my rejection letter from Univ. of Tennessee. Bummer. I thought it was an interview invite because everyone posting so far have received interviews.

sorry about that pitbull, thank you for posting this though so that we know to expect a rejection or invite

...I still have heard no word as of yet - but the mail comes at 5 :xf:

I got a rejection letter, too. It mentioned that I'm not academically qualified enough. Oh well.

Good luck to everyone else! Practice for your interviews - it really helped me with mine this year. :luck::luck:

I got an interview invite on 2/27. But I was already accepted to a school that will be a better fit for me. I called on 2/17 to withdraw my application, but couldn't get a hold of anyone so I left a message and assumed it worked. I was very surprised to get this interview. I will be calling again on Monday to try to clear things up. I was hoping that they got my message before interview invites went out so I wouldn't take it from anyone else. I hope that they can maybe contact someone else to interview instead. Does anyone know who I need to contact to make sure it works this time?

I received my interview invite on 2/27 as well, and a friend of mine got a rejection today (2/28), so they are all in the mail I think. Not sure why they seem to be out in waves though.:confused:

I got an interview invite on 2/27. But I was already accepted to a school that will be a better fit for me. I called on 2/17 to withdraw my application, but couldn't get a hold of anyone so I left a message and assumed it worked. I was very surprised to get this interview. I will be calling again on Monday to try to clear things up. I was hoping that they got my message before interview invites went out so I wouldn't take it from anyone else. I hope that they can maybe contact someone else to interview instead. Does anyone know who I need to contact to make sure it works this time?

Getting in touch with Deborah Shepherd is the way to go for this sort of thing. She's pretty busy, so leave messages and ask her to call you back. I'm pretty sure she doesnt even get to some messages until days later at this point in the year.

Just got my mail.....Interview 3/20 at 11:30am:D

Congrats BayleeVet2B!

Congrats BayleeVet2B!

Thanks Tsuky...I have my UTK interview 3/20 and UF the next day...not that I'm complaining:D My dad and I are going to make a big loop from SC to TN to FL and back!!

Thanks Tsuky...I have my UTK interview 3/20 and UF the next day...not that I'm complaining:D My dad and I are going to make a big loop from SC to TN to FL and back!!

I'm in the same boat. But hoping that UT will move my interview as they are late in the afternoon and Florida is early in the morning for me. And i have no one to drive fore me so i won't be getting any sleep. So hoping that UT will be able to move my interview.

AHH!! but congrats on both interviews!

I'm in the same boat. But hoping that UT will move my interview as they are late in the afternoon and Florida is early in the morning for me. And i have no one to drive fore me so i won't be getting any sleep. So hoping that UT will be able to move my interview.

Congrats to you too! Mine are the other way around. UT is early and UF is late in the day on Saturday. Where are you starting from?

I'm in a similar predicament! Right now, my UTK interview is scheduled for fairly late in the day on 3/19, and I have another interview at UPEI on 3/20. I sent an e-mail requesting to interview earlier in the week if possible, but I found flights that would potentially work if it can't be changed even though I would miss the tour/lunch at UPEI.

I'm also still waiting on (but by no means expecting) UPenn, and their last interview date is supposedly 3/20 as well.

At least it's during my spring break so my schedule is otherwise very flexible.

It's not a bad problem to have, though... I was thrilled to get one interview this year and never expected four.

Congrats to you too! Mine are the other way around. UT is early and UF is late in the day on Saturday. Where are you starting from?

i'm starting from florida... so its sort of a round trip for me.

Yay! They moved me to earlier in the week! Now i can make both, and sleep in between haha. :)

Congrats to all with interviews. I am happy and proud for you all. Knock their socks off.

My rejection letter arrived Sat.

Best of luck to those who are still waiting too.

Sounds like a fun trip! I'll be doing something similar with my spring break :D What time is your Florida interview? I have mine on the 21st too (10:30 am), maybe we'll cross paths!

Sounds like a fun trip! I'll be doing something similar with my spring break :D What time is your Florida interview? I have mine on the 21st too (10:30 am), maybe we'll cross paths!
Mine is at 4:30 at UF...so I guess we'll just have to meet on the first day of class!!!:xf:

congrats on getting interviews, everyone!

UT is on limited accreditation for our large animal hospital, due to lack of funding. And now with our wonderful economy, that status might stick around a while

I'm a first year, so while I may not be able to answer alot of questions, don't hesitate to ask! Interviews were very laid back. I interviewed at Purdue 2 weeks before and was grilled, and UT was a significant change. Our Dean and Associate Dean will make you feel very welcome as well!

Good luck everyone!! You will all do great!!

Does anyone have any idea how many OOS peeps they interview for only 25 spots? Tryin not to get my hopes up!?

My interview at Florida is 9:30am bright and early! But if they offer a tour you should definitely go, the facilities are pretty awesome, maybe we'll cross paths doing that.

Anyone on the wait list for any interview to UT, keep you eyes and ear open, I am calling today to withdraw my application since i got into another school yesterday.

GOOD LUCK to all those going to interview at Tennessee!:luck:

Last edited:
I just withdrew my application too.
:luck:GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!

I just declined my interview and withdrew my application this morning as well. I sincerely hope that someone else gets a phone call about an interview invite soon!

I got my invite in the mail this past Saturday (but was away from a computer 'til this morning). Mine's also for late in the day on 3/19. :D

My interview at Florida is 8:30am bright and early, first thing! But if they offer a tour you should definitely go, the facilities are pretty awesome, maybe we'll cross paths doing that.

Anyone on the wait list for any interview to UT, keep you eyes and ear open, I am calling today to withdraw my application since i got into another school yesterday.

GOOD LUCK to all those going to interview at Tennessee!:luck:

WOW StillDreaming, that's early!! I definitely want to tour the school! Hopefully we'll see each other at some point in the process, or if not, like Baylee suggested, maybe we'll all meet on the first day of classes!! :D

Does anybody know, I don't think a specific time was posted on my letter (it's at home), do they give you a time when you call to confirm? Or is it an all day thing? Just wondering what do expect, I have to make a decision by tomorrow whether or not to interview!

Hey Catnapper,

I am happy for you! I am rooting for you though now it looks like we are direct competition for one another ;) :) ie Western and now UTK! Ha. Ok, good luck, perhaps ill see you March 19

Lis