Tennessee Anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yay Catnapper!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Catnapper,

I am happy for you! I am rooting for you though now it looks like we are direct competition for one another ;) :) ie Western and now UTK! Ha. Ok, good luck, perhaps ill see you March 19

Lis

So you'll be there on the 19th too? Good luck!! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything recently? I still haven't heard a word from them...:scared:

I had almost given up hope on hearing anything from Tenn. but finally today I got a phone call asking me to come for an interview on the 19th (10:30). I'm super excited but also nervous and I wonder if the reason I've been contacted so late was because others have dropped out. I'd hate to get my hopes up if I don't have any shot of being accepted. Well here's to seeing everyone else on the 19th and good luck to everyone :)

I also just got a call today!! I'm pretty sure a spot opened up because someone else declined their invite but I'm soooo grateful to at least have an interview! I'll be there Friday March 20 :) woohoo!! good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Well I just booked my flight. Quiet expensive. I forgot to ask this cause I was so excited but none of our expenses are being reimbursed right? I know some schools do but I don't think Tenn does. Anyway. I'll be there for the March 19 tour in the morning so I can't wait to see everyone else. Hopefully the tour will relax me before my 10:30 interview ...

I also just got a call today!! I'm pretty sure a spot opened up because someone else declined their invite but I'm soooo grateful to at least have an interview! I'll be there Friday March 20 :) woohoo!! good luck everyone!
What time is your interview? Mine is 11:30am. Maybe I'll see you there!:D

Well I just booked my flight. Quiet expensive. I forgot to ask this cause I was so excited but none of our expenses are being reimbursed right? I know some schools do but I don't think Tenn does. Anyway. I'll be there for the March 19 tour in the morning so I can't wait to see everyone else. Hopefully the tour will relax me before my 10:30 interview ...

nope, they don't reimburse you.

My interview is at 12:30! So I'm guessing we'll be in the same group? perhaps

So Tennessee does group interviews? My interview date is on the 19th at 10:30am :)....and I noticed others with the same.....how does that work? Also does anyone know what types of questions they may ask?

Just cancelled my interview to Tennessee, so that should open up another interview spot! It killed me to call them, I was really looking forward to Tennessee, and they were SO so nice about it, but I just can't justify the expense :( Hope you guys have an awesome time next week and good luck!!! :luck:

So Tennessee does group interviews? My interview date is on the 19th at 10:30am :)....and I noticed others with the same.....how does that work? Also does anyone know what types of questions they may ask?

There are multiple groups of three professors that interview. I think there are 3-4 interviews that happen at one time. As for the questions, I posted from 2 yrs ago in the interview feedback.

I cancelled my interview too yesterday so hopefully someone will get that opportunity!!

I guess we'll be seeing one another. My interview is at 10:30 too. I'm getting in the day before so I can be refreshed. I'll be coming to the 8:30 walk thru so I can be sure I get to the interview on time -lol- I'm looking up hotels right now too trying to find something cheap and close ...

ill be there friday to help out with tours and just to hang with the interviewees...good luck to everyone!

So I've been hiding in the shadows here at SDN for some time, and my anxiety has finally forced me to step out... just wondering how horribly crazy it's driving everyone else to know our letters are out there waiting for the mail if not in the mail already :confused:. I find it especially nerve racking as I never received a letter for my interview invite... had no clue they were even still considering me until I got a phone call asking me to confirm my interview time about a week before my interview! In any event... ya'll better start postin' the news as soon as those letters start rollin' in so I know if I need to call and bug them!