** THE OFFICIAL 2007 Online/Phone Applicant Status Page Thread **

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
narc said:
I wonder if we can call and request to be placed as MSTP there now?
If you want to be considered for MSTP, check out the site: http://www.mstp.washington.edu/

There is a link to their primary MSTP application. I think you can still complete it even if you did not indicate MD/PhD through AMCAS, but you will probably have to write the 2 MD/PhD essays and submit those to Washington as well. I would suggest not to do it unless you are really serious about the program though...I think it's probably more competitive than MD-only admissions for out-of-staters there.

Members don't see this ad.

Albany - link
AECOM-Email
Baylor - link
BU - link
Case Western - link
Columbia- We won't look at your application until end of August
Cornell- link
Creighton - Email confirmation when complete
Dartmouth - email confirmation
Drexel- link
EVMS - Snail Mail Confirmation or call (757) 446-5812 for confirmation
GW - e-mail
Jefferson - link showed complete online
Loyola - Call 708.216.3229 Thursdays from 9AM and 5PM CST.
MCW - link e-mail confirmation
Mount Sinai - Can call (212) 241-6696 Mondays & Wednesdays between 2 and 4 PM, EST for update.
MSU - link
MUSC - link
Northwestern, Feinberg SOM - link - Click on Status Page once logged in
NYMC - link
NYU - Don't call us, we'll call you. email confirmation
OSU - link
Penn State - link - E-mail confirmation
Rush - link
SLU - link
SUNY Buffalo - link + email confirmation
SUNY Downstate - Snail Mail Confirmation
SUNY Stony Brook - E-mail Confirmation
SUNY Upstate - link
Temple - link
Texas Tech - link
Tufts - link
UC Davis - http://secapp.ucdavis.edu/index.cfm
UCLA - link
UCSD - link
UCSF - link
UIC - link
University of Chicago Pritzker SOM - (773) 702-1937 (only call after 4 weeks of no e-mail notification of completion!) or link
University of Connecticut- They will call you to ask nay questions they have about your app and to say you are complete
University of Kentucky - link
University of Maryland- they send snail mail + you can log on to the secondary page
University of Michigan - link
University of Pennsylvania - link
University of Pittsburgh - link
University of Rochester - link + email confirmation
University of Washington - link PIN = first two letters of last name+last 7 digit SSN
USC Keck link
University of Vermont - link
RWJ- They send an e-mail when you are complete
VCU - link
Wake Forest - link
WashU - link
Wright State University Boonshoft School - link, 937-775-2936 or 937-775-3762, on Mondays 1-4 pm and Thursdays 9 am- 12 noon.
Yale - link Must be checked online. Admissions staff cannot check by phone or e-mail.

Received the e-mail from Pritzker stating that I was complete today! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
danjo said:
Do you know if you are only assigned an account if you are invited to complete the secondary application? I was able to login, but I haven't heard back from them yet!
I am not sure about how the account is assigned. I just finished my regular MD secondary recently and have not received an email whether the application is complete or not complete. However, the status page states that I have submitted the secondary.

AZT said:
I am not sure about how the account is assigned. I just finished my regular MD secondary recently and have not received an email whether the application is complete or not complete. However, the status page states that I have submitted the secondary.

Thanks for the reply! It has me wondering though! Why would they go through the trouble of creating an account for me if they had not yet decided to invite me to complete the secondary?

For those of you guys who have been turned down for interviews by Pritzker, does your status page say anything for the Committee Decision? Thanks.

tennisguy896 said:
For those of you guys who have been turned down for interviews by Pritzker, does your status page say anything for the Committee Decision? Thanks.

Having been denied an interview (and thus rejected via snail mail) here's what my status link looks like:

Applicant Status Portal

Name: XXXXXXXXXXX
AMCAS ID: XXXXXXXX
Email: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
AMCAS Verified: Yes
Secondary Application Received: Yes
Payment Received: Yes
Letters of Recommendation Completed: Yes
MCAT Received: Yes
Final Decision for Interview Invitation has been Made: Yes
Final Committee Decision has been Made: No

For additional questions about your application, please email the Admissions Office

sandros1 said:
Having been denied an interview (and thus rejected via snail mail) here's what my status link looks like:

Applicant Status Portal

Name: XXXXXXXXXXX
AMCAS ID: XXXXXXXX
Email: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
AMCAS Verified: Yes
Secondary Application Received: Yes
Payment Received: Yes
Letters of Recommendation Completed: Yes
MCAT Received: Yes
Final Decision for Interview Invitation has been Made: Yes
Final Committee Decision has been Made: No

For additional questions about your application, please email the Admissions Office

Thanks for sharing! That is interesting. So, it looks like one individual has the power to scrap your application, since a committee review and decision is apparently not required to reject an individual! That kinda sucks! I could be ignorant about how this whole process works though. Do other schools process applications in this fashion? Can LizzyM shed some light on this situation? :)

danjo said:
Thanks for sharing! That is interesting. So, it looks like one individual has the power to scrap your application, since a committee review and decision is apparently not required to reject an individual! That kinda sucks! I could be ignorant about how this whole process works though. Do other schools process applications in this fashion? Can LizzyM shed some light on this situation? :)

I heard that at Stanford the decision to grant an interview rests solely w/ a second year student. The dean can then turn someone down, but he won't go into the reject pile to pick someone out.

Albany - link
AECOM-Email
Baylor - link
BU - link
Case Western - link
Cornell- link
Drexel- link
GW - e-mail
Mount Sinai - Can call (212) 241-6696 Mondays & Wednesdays between 2 and 4 PM, EST for update.
MSU - link
MUSC - link
NYMC - link
OSU - link
Rush - link
SLU - link
SUNY Upstate - link
Temple - link
Texas Tech - link
Tufts - link
UCI - http://www.hs.uci.edu/SecondaryProcess/Index.html
UCLA - link
UCSD - link
UCSF - link
UIC - link
University of Chicago Pritzker SOM - (773) 702-1937 (only call after 4 weeks of no e-mail notification of completion!) or link
University of Connecticut- They will call you to ask nay questions they have about your app and to say you are complete
University of Maryland- they send snail mail + you can log on to the secondary page
University of Washington - link PIN = first two letters of last name+last 7 digit SSN
USC Keck link
VCU - link
Wake Forest - link
WashU - link
Wright State University Boonshoft School - link, 937-775-2936 or 937-775-3762, on Mondays 1-4 pm and Thursdays 9 am- 12 noon.
Yale - link Must be checked online. Admissions staff cannot check by phone or e-mail.

Homer Simpson said:
I heard that at Stanford the decision to grant an interview rests solely w/ a second year student. The dean can then turn someone down, but he won't go into the reject pile to pick someone out.

Hence, the randomness that is the medical school application process!

Members don't see this ad :)
How long after you had submitted everything to Yale did you see changes in your status?

I submitted my secondary, certification form, and check on 8/01, my AMCAS was verified 8/09, and my letters were sent out on 8/07 by VirtualEvals. My status page still looks like this:

References Name Date Received
COMMITTEE PACKET

MCATs Year Month Date Received
2005 08

Fees/Fee Waiver Fee Received NO
Fee Waiver Approved NO

Certification Form NO
Application completed and in review on: NO

wtf. Should I be worried now? Or should I just trust them that they really take a long time to catch up with secondary submissions?

thanks!

as06 said:
How long after you had submitted everything to Yale did you see changes in your status?

I submitted my secondary, certification form, and check on 8/01, my AMCAS was verified 8/09, and my letters were sent out on 8/07 by VirtualEvals. My status page still looks like this:

COMMITTEE PACKET

2005 08

Fee Waiver Approved NO

Certification Form NO

wtf. Should I be worried now? Or should I just trust them that they really take a long time to catch up with secondary submissions?

thanks!

It takes a really long time. Wait two or three weeks and then resend the letters if you are nervous. Also, make sure to check if the check was ever cashed. It really does not make a huge diffrence when you go complete since Yale is non rolling. Just make sure it all gets there eventualy.

as06 said:

COMMITTEE PACKET

2005 08

Fee Waiver Approved NO

Certification Form NO

thanks!

I submitted mine mid july and it still looks like that.

thanks for the replies!

also --

anyone having trouble logging in to check their BU status?

"QUOTE=ilovehedgehogs"Albany - link
AECOM-Email
Baylor - link
Brown - link
BU - link
Case Western - link
Cornell- link
Drexel- link
GW - e-mail
MSU - link
MUSC - link
NYMC - link
OSU - link
Rush - link
SLU - link
SUNY Upstate - link
Temple - link
Texas Tech - link
Tufts - link
UCLA - link
UCSD - link
UCSF - link
UIC - link
USC Keck link
VCU - link
Wake Forest - link
WashU - link
Yale - link Must be checked online. Admissions staff cannot check by phone or e-mail.[/QUOTE]

does anyone have LORs listed for Temple? mine is just a blank space where i guess they would place the LORs

C.P. Jones said:
does anyone have LORs listed for Temple? mine is just a blank space where i guess they would place the LORs

They fill that part in once they have them. Mine took a week or two. I just sent them my school's committee letter packet.

ClosetNerd said:
They fill that part in once they have them. Mine took a week or two. I just sent them my school's committee letter packet.

mine were sent in june.....i guess i will be resending :mad:

C.P. Jones said:
mine were sent in june.....i guess i will be resending :mad:

Call them first, it could be an oversight. Good luck!

Albany - link
AECOM-Email
Baylor - link
Brown - link
BU - link
Case Western - link
Cornell- link
Drexel- link
GW - e-mail
MSU - link
MUSC - link
NYMC - link
OSU - link
Rosalind Franklin- send you an email when complete
Rush - link
SLU - link
SUNY Upstate - link
Temple - link
Texas Tech - link
Tufts - link
UCLA - link
UCSD - link
UCSF - link
UIC - link
USC Keck link
VCU - link
Wake Forest - link
WashU - link

what about adding how they notify you and/or when they update...? maybe that would reduce compulsive link-checking...

nevermind, that pretty much solves that!

Yea, Im getting antsy about Yale too! I submitted Letters on Aug. 1, and the Secondary and the Check on August 7, and still have nothing showing up on the website...
Something tells me that their system isn't efficient...

as06 said:
thanks for the replies!

also --

anyone having trouble logging in to check their BU status?
Yes. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Can anyone that is applying to the University of Washington (Seattle) but hasn't received the secondary yet log into the status page and tell me what you see?

Teerawit said:
Can anyone that is applying to the University of Washington (Seattle) but hasn't received the secondary yet log into the status page and tell me what you see?

It simply tells me that I have not yet submitted the secondary application, autobiographical statement, statement of why UWSOM, criminal background check, and LORs. How 'bout you? ;)

danjo said:
It simply tells me that I have not yet submitted the secondary application, autobiographical statement, statement of why UWSOM, criminal background check, and LORs. How 'bout you? ;)
Same thing. I thought that is rather odd that they uploaded us into their system.

Teerawit said:
Same thing. I thought that is rather odd that they uploaded us into their system.

I was thinking the same thing! Why take the time if they are not going to invite us to submit the secondary?

danjo said:
I was thinking the same thing! Why take the time if they are not going to invite us to submit the secondary?
Yup, it's the same way for me too. Weird!

How does one check their status ? I went to the link but it asks for a password, which I don't have and then it tells me to register. So I click on the register link and it asks for the password. Is there something I'm missing ? :confused:

stinastina said:
How does one check their status ? I went to the link but it asks for a password, which I don't have and then it tells me to register. So I click on the register link and it asks for the password. Is there something I'm missing ? :confused:

In the secondary invitation email there should have been a password.

Homer Simpson said:
In the secondary invitation email there should have been a password.

So you can only check your status if you've received a secondary ? Some schools let you check without one, right ?

aw crap. just checked pritzker's update page, says a decision has been made about an interview.....here comes the rejection letter

spospo said:
aw crap. just checked pritzker's update page, says a decision has been made about an interview.....here comes the rejection letter

i'm sure ur fine....when were u complete at pritzker?

Out of curiousity, if anybody who has applied to UIC sees this, what does it say for you when you click on the status link. Mine just says application in progress. As far as I know I am complete, but I can't quite tell.

link
AECOM-Email
Baylor - link
BU - link
Case Western - link
Cornell- link
Drexel- link
GW - e-mail
MSU - link
MUSC - link
NYMC - link
OSU - link
Rush - link
SLU - link
SUNY Downstate - link
SUNY Upstate - link
Temple - link
Texas Tech - link
Tufts - link
UCLA - link
UCSD - link
UCSF - link
UIC - link
USC Keck link
VCU - link
Wake Forest - link
WashU - link

nice job with downstate! i got that e-mail too! too bad i been complete there for like 2 months now. :rolleyes:

Is anyone's Albany application considered complete?

Duckwizard said:

ALBANY: They have my LORs for more than a week...and still no confirmation! grrrrrrrr

sonyvaio2700 said:
ALBANY: They have my LORs for more than a week...and still no confirmation! grrrrrrrr

yeah, i know, i sent mine in on the 7th and still nothing.

--edit: they have the letters, didn't have them yesterday though

spospo said:
yeah, i know, i sent mine in on the 7th and still nothing.

--edit: they have the letters, didn't have them yesterday though

did u hear from pritzker yet? turns out my status page says the same thing

shammgod23 said:
did u hear from pritzker yet? turns out my status page says the same thing

nope :oops: i think interviews come email and rejection comes snail mail....so i am going to keep checking my email but not my regular mail :)

Duckwizard said:

Yes If you go back a few pages you'll see a post where I say I went complete at Albany. I sent the letters the day the application came out.

spospo said:
nope :oops: i think interviews come email and rejection comes snail mail....so i am going to keep checking my email but not my regular mail :)

Same here, I get the feeling I will be seeing a rejection letter soon. Oh well.

On another note, bump for my UIC question. Anybody else apply there have anything that says complete or under review on the status page? Or does it just says application in progress.

Wouldn't it make more sense for it to say that final committee decision has been made also, if you were rejected... isn't it more likely you are getting an Invite? Because, there shouldn't be a delay between a final decision to NOT interview, and a final committe decision (rejection)...

For 2 months Pritzker thought I had 2 letters, they didn't acknowledge my committee letter :mad: