***The Official Midwestern-Arizona Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I got invited 7/26
I'm guessing you're fine since it's still pre-december and by your interview date, no seats will be filled yet

Members don't see this ad.

The choices I got for my interview were in the first week of November. Does this mean my chances of getting accepted are slimmer compared to those who got earlier dates?
It's still a pre-December interview date!

Reactions: 1 user
Is it normal to only have December or later interviews available for early August invites?

Members don't see this ad :)
Biological sciences. So basically all upper level biology courses

Does anyone know what style of interview is held? Close/Open file? 1 on 1? 2 on 1?

Also waitlisted! Got the email 8/14
Application complete date: 8/13

The choices I got for my interview were in the first week of November. Does this mean my chances of getting accepted are slimmer compared to those who got earlier dates?
You're thinking too much into this. If they invited you, they're definitely interested in you attending their school!

Interview #1
School: Midwestern University - AZ
Notification date: 8/20/19
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Florida
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/20
Application complete date: 8/14
Undergrad GPA (science, overall): 3.29, 3.43
Graduate GPA (science, overall): 3.71, 3.74
Total GPA (science, overall): 3.38, 3.49
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/18/24/none below 17
Interview Date: January 6, 2020

UPDATE 09/23 - Interview Date rescheduled to October 28th! :soexcited:

Last edited:
Do you guys think it is too late to apply now? I already applied to the schools I was planning to apply to. I was just thinking of adding this school.

Members don't see this ad :)
not yet! Admissions said they would review those who have been waitlisted in Early September, so hopefully we hear from them soon!
may i ask if you heard this directly from the admissions committee, or just like online somewhere?

Hi :) Anyone interviewed this week? My interview is next week and I am curious how the interview went :)

Reactions: 2 users
Where do you actually go in the morning? The dental building is across the street from the main campus, but the email mentions Barrel 1 which is on the main campus.

Where do you actually go in the morning? The dental building is across the street from the main campus, but the email mentions Barrel 1 which is on the main campus.
You go to Barrel 1 in the morning. They will take you in a shuttle/small bus to tour the dental institute

anyone who interviewed have insight for what to expect interview day? (panel/1-on-1/type of questions)?

MWU AZ College of Dental Medicine Hold Before Interview Notification

I received an email with this subject saying that my application is on hold due to missing information, but I am pretty sure that all of the information is in the application. My latest DAT was verified from AADSAS, i have 4 rec letters, all of my transcripts are verified, and i paid the supplemental application too. Im currently taking a couple of classes only then graduating.

Any information on what is missing?

I have my interview here in about a month. If anyone has had past interview experience, I would very much appreciate any advice or heads-up information!

Reactions: 1 users
Your interview is with two faculty and one D2 student. They each ask you a series of questions. They take notes while you answer. I don't think they had your file there, but they had definitely read it before you could tell. They are super nice and the questions weren't absurd or tricky, just about you and your personality and how you handle situations. The interview lasts about 30 minutes and its the last part of the day. I enjoyed the day :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Your interview is with two faculty and one D2 student. They each ask you a series of questions. They take notes while you answer. I don't think they had your file there, but they had definitely read it before you could tell. They are super nice and the questions weren't absurd or tricky, just about you and your personality and how you handle situations, some ethical type questions. The interview lasts about 30 minutes and its the last part of the day.
So the majority of the day consisted of a tour and just getting to know the staff and the school? P.S. Thank you for the info about the interview!!!

So the majority of the day consisted of a tour and just getting to know the staff and the school? P.S. Thank you for the info about the interview!!!
No problem! At yes. They give you a schedule when you get there, but basically it's an introduction, then an introduction by the dean, then a couple different tours, a financial aid session, lunch, and then interviews :)

I interviewed there yesterday as well. Everyone seems really nice and the students seemed happy. It's a beautiful campus with awesome facilities. The interview is fairly relaxed, but be prepared to defend your position on ethical scenario questions. I had some grilling from one of the interviewers.

I interviewed there yesterday as well. Everyone seems really nice and the students seemed happy. It's a beautiful campus with awesome facilities. The interview is fairly relaxed, but be prepared to defend your position on ethical scenario questions. I had some grilling from one of the interviewers.

You mind sharing scores?

Interview #1
School: Midwestern-AZ
Notification date: 9/24/2019
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Tennessee
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/8/2019, everything submitted and verified in June but retook DAT in August.
"Next Phase" email to make account and pay fee: 8/20
"Status Complete" Email: 8/23
"Hold Before Interview" Email (Because they were missing DAT scores: 8/24
Interview Invitation: 9/14
GPA (overall, science): 3.59, 3.42
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/19/21/QR 16
Dates I could pick: January 20 2020 or January 21st 2020. I chose the 20th.

MWU AZ College of Dental Medicine Hold Before Interview Notification

I received an email with this subject saying that my application is on hold due to missing information, but I am pretty sure that all of the information is in the application. My latest DAT was verified from AADSAS, i have 4 rec letters, all of my transcripts are verified, and i paid the supplemental application too. Im currently taking a couple of classes only then graduating.

Any information on what is missing?
Email them and ask, they were quick to let me know what they were missing when I got the same email.

I got an app completed email on 07/31, then received a "Waitlist for Interview" email 08/01, and just now on 10/10 I received an interview invite! The dates offered were way in the future in February 2020, so I don't have the highest hopes, but I guess they're going through their waitlist slowly. Another applicant I know also recently received an interview invite and his dates were in January 2020.

I got an app completed email on 07/31, then received a "Waitlist for Interview" email 08/01, and just now on 10/10 I received an interview invite! The dates offered were way in the future in February 2020, so I don't have the highest hopes, but I guess they're going through their waitlist slowly. Another applicant I know also recently received an interview invite and his dates were in January 2020.

Congrats! I just got waitlisted for an interview today, any guess on when would they contact me back for an interview?

did you email them with a letter of interest or you just waited patiently? haha
Congrats on getting an interview :)

did you email them with a letter of interest or you just waited patiently? haha
Congrats on getting an interview :)

Thank you!!! No, I didn't, I actually don't know what a letter of interest is :oops: I figured it was a soft rejection but that I'd wait it out and see what happens.

Congrats! I just got waitlisted for an interview today, any guess on when would they contact me back for an interview?

Thanks! Honestly no idea - I read that some other people who got waitlisted emailed them to ask about it, but I just kind of sat & waited to see what they'd do. I don't think it would be a bad idea to reach out and ask though.

Received an interview invite here after being placed on the waitlist

Last edited:
Just some encouragement for those that were waitlisted. Two days after my DAT was verified (I took the exam on August 30th but submitted the app in June), I received an email from the school stating that I was waitlisted. I was super upset because another school has invited me for an interview three weeks before I even took my DAT exam. An hour after the waitlist email, I went on their website to check what the status was saying and it actually said that I was invited for an interview. This was just an hour later. I thought it was a mistake, so I emailed them and asked. They replied by saying that they did waitlist me initially but changed their minds and decided to extend an invite. Don't lose hope, if they waitlisted you, it means they are interested. Also, so many students cancel their interviews due to the cost of travel. Mine was supposed to be in January, but I kept checking their site and I was able to reschedule for October.

keep checking their website under the interview tab. If you click the reschedule button, it will show available dates. I was checking every hour or so but eventually was able to reschedule mine from January 14 to next week. Best of luck!

keep checking their website under the interview tab. If you click the reschedule button, it will show available dates. I was checking every hour or so but eventually was able to reschedule mine from January 14 to next week. Best of luck!

Whoa, thanks for letting me know -- I'll check on it!

Edit: do you mind telling me where the reschedule button is? I don't see the option for some reason.

Last edited:

Edit: do you mind telling me where the reschedule button is? I don't see the option for some reason.
Usually the reschedule interview button is next to the cancel interview button, but current it is not there. Keep checking because it has disappeared before. I was able to change my interview from January to October

when you go onto their student portal website, there is a tab that says Admissions, under that, it says Interview scheduling, once you click on that, you will see the date of your interview and a reschedule button. I had mine today, the school is amazing!

when you go onto their student portal website, there is a tab that says Admissions, under that, it says Interview scheduling, once you click on that, you will see the date of your interview and a reschedule button. I had mine today, the school is amazing!
forgot to mention, if there is no other date available, then the bottom does not show up, keep checking though throughout the day

Invited for interview July 12
only date available when I got on the portal was 10/15, so just interviewed recently
This was my first invite, but 3rd interview
Really loved it here.

Last edited by a moderator: