***The Official Touro Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I've seen that thread too, nothing's been said for their dental school yet. Plus, Touro is in a much better area than NYU is so there's no guarantee that Touro would follow suit if NYU went online.

An additional point is that personally, I would still want to move by mid June even if it was online, since I would want to be properly situated and well-adjusted to a new area. I feel it would be too much of a hassle to move and setup a new living space while also juggling online classes, especially if you're me and live all the way across the country :laugh:

oh yeah! I read that too, considering they acted quicker in Westchester county compared to manhattan... which is good but I still want to wear a hazmat suit on the plane going to new york and when walking around in their airport hahaha

you make a good point! have you found a place already? some places are offering first month rent free but it's not the apartments i'm looking at, so I'm waiting haha.. Also, do you have an idea what budget I should aim for? I'm looking at apartments with a base of 1800-1900 but after utilities they all add up to 2100-2300. (anything below that doesn't include washer in unit & parking (which is important to me)

Members don't see this ad.

you make a good point! have you found a place already? some places are offering first month rent free but it's not the apartments i'm looking at, so I'm waiting haha.. Also, do you have an idea what budget I should aim for? I'm looking at apartments with a base of 1800-1900 but after utilities they all add up to 2100-2300. (anything below that doesn't include washer in unit & parking (which is important to me)
Me and 3 other guys are looking to each spend less than a thousand a month excluding utilities. We've found a few places but haven't committed yet.

As for your budget, it's completely dependent on you! IMO, anything under 1500 is reasonable.

I was told I would receive the package next month and it would be disbursed before school starts.

I’m not sure if people who received their acceptances earlier got it already? Idk how the financial aid packages works (hopefully someone can chime in?)
Yeah, I would like to know how the package is, interested rate and the amount and how much private loans should I borrow, which is alot and sucks. I ll probably looking for apartment on the beginning of June, hope to find a close one. The rent is so high. If school decides to go online, I probably stay home studying and save money for abit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all, I just got accepted off the waitlist yesterday. There is still some movement going on.

Reactions: 3 users
I am a Maryland resident. I interviewed morning 2/12. My undergrad GPA is 2.98, post-bacc is 3.90. That is not a typo, I was a mess in undergrad, but I picked myself up in grad school.

I took the DAT in July 2017: 21 AA, 19 TS, 18 Bio, 20 Orgo, 21 GenChem, 21 PA, 26 RC, 21 QR

During undergrad, I was involved in 4 organizations, in the executive boards of 2 of them, a part-time job as bike mechanic, and shadowing a dentist for 160 hours.

After grad school, I have been assisting a dentist full time, accumulating over 1,200 hours of chairside experience since July 2019, along with volunteering at the local church and state park.

I applied to 6 schools and got 2 interviews. I did not send any thank you letters or letters of intent to Touro, but the dentist I have been assisting sent a letter of recommendation to the admissions office about a week ago after I got waitlisted.

This is my only acceptance. I was prepping to retake the DAT and reapply after I got rejected from my state school and got waitlisted here, so this is a huge relief.

Reactions: 6 users
I am a Maryland resident. I interviewed morning 2/12. My undergrad GPA is 2.98, post-bacc is 3.90. That is not a typo, I was a mess in undergrad, but I picked myself up in grad school.

I took the DAT in July 2017: 21 AA, 19 TS, 18 Bio, 20 Orgo, 21 GenChem, 21 PA, 26 RC, 21 QR

During undergrad, I was involved in 4 organizations, in the executive boards of 2 of them, a part-time job as bike mechanic, and shadowing a dentist for 160 hours.

After grad school, I have been assisting a dentist full time, accumulating over 1,200 hours of chairside experience since July 2019, along with volunteering at the local church and state park.

I applied to 6 schools and got 2 interviews. I did not send any thank you letters or letters of intent to Touro, but the dentist I have been assisting sent a letter of recommendation to the admissions office about a week ago after I got waitlisted.

This is my only acceptance. I was prepping to retake the DAT and reapply after I got rejected from my state school and got waitlisted here, so this is a huge relief.

Wow ! That's amazing!! Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user

Congratulations!

Congrats!! :)Did you get the email asking whether you want to stay on the waitlist??

Congrats!! :)Did you get the email asking whether you want to stay on the waitlist??
The last email I received stated that I was placed on the waitlist on April 1, so I was on the waitlist for only two and a half weeks. I thought I had no chance getting on the waitlist that late, but that additional letter of recommendation probably left a favorable impression.

Has someone received financial aid packages yet? I login to Touro portal and it said my enroll status is unknown....weird!?

Has someone received financial aid packages yet? I login to Touro portal and it said my enroll status is unknown....weird!?

mine says the same thing... maybe we’ll get it in May.

Did anyone receive it who got their acceptance early/Dec? Or is everyone on the same boat & hasn’t received it yet?

mine says the same thing... maybe we’ll get it in May.

Did anyone receive it who got their acceptance early/Dec? Or is everyone on the same boat & hasn’t received it yet?
Accepted early dec. havent received it yet.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted off the waitlist yesterday! I was getting ready to take DAT ! Good luck to everyone else and don't lose hopes yet !

Reactions: 2 users
I got accepted off the waitlist yesterday! I was getting ready to take DAT ! Good luck to everyone else and don't lose hopes yet !

Why r u retaking the DAT?, I looked at some of your post and you got accepted to other school already.

Also, R u attending Touro??

Last edited:
Why r u retaking the DAT?, I looked at some of your post and you got accepted to other school already.

Also, R u attending Touro??

Lol that's true ! I wasn't sure if i would go there ! And I didn't actually start studying for DAT But probably yes! I'd go to Touro ! Hopefully you'll hear back soon

Lol that's true ! I wasn't sure if i would go there ! And I didn't actually start studying for DAT But probably yes! I'd go to Touro ! Hopefully you'll hear back soon

Thank you and congrats!!!

hey congrats on your acceptance :)
did they say anything classes being online or what to expect?
they sent us an email last month or so saying they're still anticipating june 29th as the start date but maybe they had updated information in your acceptance letter or follow up emails.

hey congrats on your acceptance :)
did they say anything classes being online or what to expect?
they sent us an email last month or so saying they're still anticipating june 29th as the start date but maybe they had updated information in your acceptance letter or follow up emails.

There is no date in the email ! June 29th is still the orientation day apparently

what do yall think about the decision of doing a hybrid class? our summer class have 5 lectures and 1 lab idk bout u but i don't want to risk our safety for 1 lab hope the admin thinks about this

what do yall think about the decision of doing a hybrid class? our summer class have 5 lectures and 1 lab idk bout u but i don't want to risk our safety for 1 lab hope the admin thinks about this
They’ll probably have only a few of you in lab at a time.

I'd be down for that. Has there been any indication of Touro leaning towards doing that?

imagine needing to pay rent for 2 months just for 1 lab?

I'd imagine that many people have already secured housing for a mid June move in so rent would be paid regardless.

Is this confirmed? I never got this info

FYI: For those waiting on financial aid, you may have a hold on your student account if you did not finish your medical services requirements due to coronavirus. This hold blocks the release of the aid package. If you message admissions, they maybe able to lift the hold if you only have medical services requirements to complete.

Is this confirmed? I never got this info

its not confirmed.. thats the problem
nyu, buffalo, stony brook (schools surrounding) are all online for the summer so i dont understand why we're not online exclusively

its not confirmed.. thats the problem
nyu, buffalo, stony brook (schools surrounding) are all online for the summer so i dont understand why we're not online exclusively
Thanks. Oh wow that makes it even more odd given the circumstances especially for only 1 lab.

I wish they would hurry and make a decision. It is ridiculous how they are leaving us in the dark while other schools (NY in particular) are proactively communicating with their students... kinda leaves a bad impression, not gonna lie
I completely agree with you

I wish they would hurry and make a decision. It is ridiculous how they are leaving us in the dark while other schools (NY in particular) are proactively communicating with their students... kinda leaves a bad impression, not gonna lie
Touro starts with hand skills over the summer, other NY school’s education model incorporates them after a few semesters. In other words, while some schools will focus purely on didactic courses, you will see that Touro has a mixed model of both dental/didactic in D1/D2 - for this reason, the schools that focus on purely didactic are capable of going fully online in year 1. I’m originally from this area, and as for now, everyone who lives in Westchester is still awaiting the government to reopen. I have have people in my personal life that as far as they are concerned their jobs will be telecommuting forever now because of Covid. Hopefully you guys get some answers soon, as I know that for a lot of you, you will be moving from somewhere far away, this unfortunately just happens to be a not great circumstance for all NYers in the metro area. And congrats to all of you who have made it to dental school!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey Class of 2024!

Im a current D1 finishing the academic year at TCDM. If you guys have any questions, or need help with anything let me know I’ll be happy to help.

Trust me, I’ve been in your shoes and the whole process of transitioning to grad school is a lot to deal with. I know with all that is going on, the stress must be on overload. So wish you guys good luck!!

If anyone is interested (once the rona situation is over) we can plan to meet up over drinks and spill the tea.

Stay safe guys!

Hey Class of 2024!

Im a current D1 finishing the academic year at TCDM. If you guys have any questions, or need help with anything let me know I’ll be happy to help.

Trust me, I’ve been in your shoes and the whole process of transitioning to grad school is a lot to deal with. I know with all that is going on, the stress must be on overload. So wish you guys good luck!!

If anyone is interested (once the rona situation is over) we can plan to meet up over drinks and spill the tea.

Stay safe guys!

Hey D1s!

I'm Brokebitch's bestie. I am also super excited to meet you all! Please feel free to message us with any concerns :)

Hey D1s!

I'm Brokebitch's bestie. I am also super excited to meet you all! Please feel free to message us with any concerns :)

Piggybacking off what they said ^^^ also a current D1 and would be happy to answer any questions about living situations or classes or life in general!

Welcome to Touro!!

Hey Class of 2024!

Stay safe guys!
Honest question, try not to judge me too hard: is there a drug screening for incoming D1s? I'm going to have to quit anyway, but I'd like to know if I have to put it down sooner rather than later. Thanks!

Honest question, try not to judge me too hard: is there a drug screening for incoming D1s? I'm going to have to quit anyway, but I'd like to know if I have to put it down sooner rather than later. Thanks!
lmaooooo yea there was no drug screening for my class so you're good

Hey Class of 2024!

Stay safe guys!

Hello there
what do you think about the early assurance/ deferral program at TCDM?
how is it easy to find a cheap apartment there. im oos.

Hey guys, just got a call from Touro this morning!! and I was informed that classes start on July 6th. I really need some help to find a place to live... Any of you guys have any suggestions? I'm oos btw. Thanks!

What are we supposed to wear to this Loupes fitting this coming week? I mean I'm not going to show up in pajamas but we won't need to wear interview attire, right?

What are we supposed to wear to this Loupes fitting this coming week? I mean I'm not going to show up in pajamas but we won't need to wear interview attire, right?
i emailed and they said casual.

Just wanted to put it out there: Touro is whack. The admissions team is all over the place. Demaio and the team are not in sync with each other. Hope they get it together soon

Also their first graduating class had serious problems matching at even just regular GP residences. Very very sad.

Also their first graduating class had serious problems matching at even just regular GP residences. Very very sad.

Not true. Very few people had problems matching. It’s clear from the quantity of people that did match, that it is not the school’s fault if someone did not.

Last edited: