2018 **** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got accepted call from Dr. Jeffers! I interviewed back in last August

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Got the call this morning as well! I interviewed in January.

Also got the call this morning

Acceptance #2 UDM ~3.6 oGPA , ~3.6 sGPA 21 AA 22 TS nothing below 20

Interviewed mid-October. So grateful. If you're still waiting don't lost hope and keep believing. Can someone send me the class page? :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to those who just got accepted! Can you state whether you were in-state or out of state and stats?

I just heard back from admissions that waitlist is rank ordered and it changes daily.
they also said they will likely still be accepting applicants from the waitlist as late as august so let's not lose hope!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email back from dr. Jeffers

I think DentayOK was referring to which school to choose lol. In regards to choosing between UDM and ASDOH there are multiple factors to consider, including tuition, distance from home, preference to specialize, etc. Both schools will prepare students to be good dentists, but the school you choose depends on what is best for you. List the pros and cons

I think DentayOK was referring to which school to choose lol. In regards to choosing between UDM and ASDOH there are multiple factors to consider, including tuition, distance from home, preference to specialize, etc. Both schools will prepare students to be good dentists, but the school you choose depends on what is best for you. List the pros and cons
What’s important to me is quality education and a school that will provide the best clinical experience and I don’t know which one is better for that.

What’s important to me is quality education and a school that will provide the best clinical experience and I don’t know which one is better for that.

Idk anything about ASDOH, but UDM prides themselves with excellent clinical experience. Being in Detroit, they have a diverse patient base that will allow students to learn from handling more complex cases and therefore enhance clinical skills. However, after the class increased from about 80 to 144 the clinical experience was better before but they still have a good student to faculty ratio and they split the class into two groups for sim lab. I feel like whatever school you choose you will get good clinical experience and quality education because they are both well-known accredited programs, but for the best clinical experience you would definitely find it in areas like Detroit. Again I’m not sure how ASDOH is and the surrounding area I’m sure you can’t go wrong with either choice!

Gave up my seat today. OOS. Hope it goes to one of you eagerly waiting. Good luck!!

Accepted yesterday. But Declined.
Canadian Applicant.
Best of luck to anyone waiting :)

Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted off the waitlist! I have already accepted a seat at Pitt, so I will be turning down my acceptance. Good luck to those still waiting to hear!

Just got accepted off the waitlist! I have already accepted a seat at Pitt, so I will be turning down my acceptance. Good luck to those still waiting to hear!
What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?
gpa: 3.2 (strong upward trend)
DAT: 21
1000+ hours experience/volunteer
Im a nontraditional OOS student

I didn't ask, I already have my deposit in at another school.
oh so you said no to them right away when you got the phone call? just curious how much time they give you to decide

oh so you said no to them right away when you got the phone call? just curious how much time they give you to decide

They gave me 6 days. Offer was given May 4 and deposit was due May 10. Hope this helps

I dont think they care about IS/OOS at this point.
he said everyones ranked so its probably just random.

IS/OOS will always matter because the class demographics (ie a certain portion of the class being OOS, a certain portion being IS) have to be generally maintained. When a person drops their spot, they look for the next person who is on the waitlist who is most similar to that person with regards to stats, location, gender, etc. It's not a coincidence that mostly Canadians are getting in off the waitlist now because clearly a lot of Canadians who ended up getting into Canadian schools dropped their spots in the class and UDM wants to replace them with other Canadians

IS/OOS will always matter because the class demographics (ie a certain portion of the class being OOS, a certain portion being IS) have to be generally maintained. When a person drops their spot, they look for the next person who is on the waitlist who is most similar to that person with regards to stats, location, gender, etc. It's not a coincidence that mostly Canadians are getting in off the waitlist now because clearly a lot of Canadians who ended up getting into Canadian schools dropped their spots in the class and UDM wants to replace them with other Canadians

you're right, I forgot that they match the demographics

hopefully us in-state students hear back soon :(

To anyone who was accepted off the alternate list: What did you do to get accepted off the alternate list?
Thanks!

Hey all! I got a call of acceptance from Dr. Jeffers in the morning! :D :D To those on the WL and awaiting an acceptance call, THERE IS STILL HOPE!
Good luck to everyone!

Hey all! I got a call of acceptance from Dr. Jeffers in the morning! :D :D To those on the WL and awaiting an acceptance call, THERE IS STILL HOPE!
Good luck to everyone!

Are you IS or OS?

Good luck to everyone!
and your stats if you don't mind sharing?

For Canadians who have been accepted, do you mind sharing your plans to get loan to pay for tuition? Also I am worried about paying back the 400,000 loan. Can anyone share their thoughts on how they plan to tackle the loan?

They do email you if you get accepted right? It's not a "missed the phone call, now you're screwed" type of thing?

They do email you if you get accepted right? It's not a "missed the phone call, now you're screwed" type of thing?
Lol I'm sure they leave you a voicemail at least if not email you. They are not savages, lol.

For Canadians who have been accepted, do you mind sharing your plans to get loan to pay for tuition? Also I am worried about paying back the 400,000 loan. Can anyone share their thoughts on how they plan to tackle the loan?
Currently working with several banks to secure the student line of credit. The most offered is by CIBC which is at $275,000 CAD. However they require a strong co-signer with a good credit score, income and assets. I plan to receive help from parents to offset the rest of the tuition.

Status
Not open for further replies.