The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
pretty sure it's already gotten old fast.

I know it was tongue in cheek. I get that you guys are joking around. But you seem to forget mods are people, too, and we read your posts. I get that you guys hate change. But I'm saying, from my point of view, it's not funny anymore and it comes across as a little whiny that we had to change something
I think you're reading it with more negative intent than it had. Pretty sure just a flippant irreverent Bear comment. :p

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I think you're reading it with more negative intent than it had. Pretty sure just a flippant irreverent Bear comment. :p
my point is that there's at least 1 per page of this thread.

and fwiw, I responded with a flippant answer, myself. I would never do anything like what bear implied or for making a joke.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The "just saying" part made it sound like it wasn't a joke to me
but it was. next time I'll add a smiley so it's not as confusing.

I think there's an assumption in general that I'm serious and don't joke around. I'm not sure why that's an assumption here.

the immediate reaction is to assume I'm being a dick though

I think there's an assumption in general that I'm serious and don't joke around. I'm not sure why that's an assumption here.

Can we just get a sarcasm font on sdn? Hahaha

Don't add too many emojis though, it'll get you lynched. Right @Jilary? ;)

Reactions: 6 users
this is why I tell everyone to assume positive intent over and over.

I have a drier sense of humor than most
I feel you, that happens to me a lot too.
upload_2017-5-5_13-25-46.jpeg

Members don't see this ad :)
if I were gonna do stuff like that...I'd probably start with the posts like these. Just saying :p

:kiss: . :asshat: My posts in a nutshell.

I don't blame you one iota for anything dy, you're just the messenger

Reactions: 6 users
All of my classmates that were on SDN have long since left. I suppose they could be lurking in the shadows... but I really don't have anything to hide.

Anyway...what's everyone up to this weekend? I should start studying for finals, but I probably won't. I have a quiz in histology on Monday and in genetics on Tuesday...so there's that. I guess that counts as studying for finals, since that material will be on the exams.

How can I set it such that my online status is not visible? I've been looking everywhere and can't seem to find it as an option. Is it only an upgraded account thing?

Anyway...what's everyone up to this weekend? I should start studying for finals, but I probably won't. I have a quiz in histology on Monday and in genetics on Tuesday...so there's that. I guess that counts as studying for finals, since that material will be on the exams.

How can I set it such that my online status is not visible? I've been looking everywhere and can't seem to find it as an option. Is it only an upgraded account thing?
I used to know how to do it but I don't anymore. So no help here.

I;m going to see Guardians tonight and then "studying" the rest of the weekend.

Reactions: 1 users

I'm not up to much! Hydrating tonight and "studying" this weekend!

Hmmm I think it's under accounts? I'm not sure, I know Trilt explained it in the noob WW game for us...

I'm not up to much! Hydrating tonight and "studying" this weekend!

Hmmm I think it's under accounts? I'm not sure, I know Trilt explained it in the noob WW game for us...

Hydrating? Like...drinking water? LOL, sorry if I'm totally clueless..

I like everyone's "studying"

I'm going to knock a few of my online exams out of the way this weekend, work on some stuff I need to get done for this summer, study for my finals on Monday and Tuesday, watch Law & Order: SVU, and work on a puzzle. Maybe not necessarily in that order. :p

As for hiding your online status, I was just trying to figure out how I did it but I honestly don't remember.

I kind of which I could "hydrate," but I have no friends and it would likely make me feel worse than I already do x_x

Reactions: 2 users