The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As someone who does not like cheese, the very thought of this literally just made me gag.
I don't like cheese either! Mac and cheese is fine, cheese on pizza is fine but too much is ew, and I love Goldfish/Cheez-Its/nacho cheese Doritos/etc., but plain cheese or cheese sauce by itself is gross. I've come around to certain queso in recent years, but I prefer it like Qdoba's with peppers and stuff in it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't like cheese either! Mac and cheese is fine, cheese on pizza is fine but too much is ew, and I love Goldfish/Cheez-Its/nacho cheese Doritos/etc., but plain cheese or cheese sauce by itself is gross. I've come around to certain queso in recent years, but I prefer it like Qdoba's with peppers and stuff in it.
How could you

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I had half a glass (more like gallon) of sangria and am making obligatory tipsy post. Happy Anniversary @Mr. Coopah!!! (It's sad how long it took to type this considering)
She is a super light weight. Its ****ing hilarious, she can't stop giggling.

Reactions: 7 users
Liked this for Qdoba because Qdoba is amazing and I love it.

I do not understand the sentiment though - seriously I think I have cheese in almost every meal. Cheese is amazing. Cheese is life.

Reactions: 3 users
SHES SUPPOSED TO BE MY CHILD. HOW COULD SHE. BOTH OF HER MOTHERS LOVE CHEESE WITH A PASSION.
So what you're saying is that this is all your fault? If you had raised her right, she would have grown up loving cheese, instead of turning into the rebellious cheese-hating teen she has clearly become? Ski, where did you go wrong?

I had half a glass (more like gallon) of sangria and am making obligatory tipsy post. Happy Anniversary @Mr. Coopah!!! (It's sad how long it took to type this considering)
Aww, your anniversary is right after your birthday? Cute! Happy anniversary!

So what you're saying is that this is all your fault? If you had raised her right, she would have grown up loving cheese, instead of turning into the rebellious cheese-hating teen she has clearly become? Ski, where did you go wrong?
Ironically, my IRL parents both like cheese (my dad especially) and don't understand me either...

omg when did your hubby make his appearance on SDN

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a somewhat bad sunburn on my shoulders from my trip to the ren fair this sunday (I was wearing a sleeveless top and only had face/makeup sunscreen. So unprepared)

Finally looked at the burn in the mirror today to see how it looks--I have a perfect red oval between my shoulderblades from where the button-hole-thingy on the back of my top was. hhHHHHH :rofl:

Reactions: 3 users
I got a somewhat bad sunburn on my shoulders from my trip to the ren fair this sunday (I was wearing a sleeveless top and only had face/makeup sunscreen. So unprepared)

Finally looked at the burn in the mirror today to see how it looks--I have a perfect red oval between my shoulderblades from where the button-hole-thingy on the back of my top was. hhHHHHH :rofl:
I think it was @LyraGardenia who has the state of Florida burnt onto her leg from this weekend(?) :laugh:

Reactions: 1 users
Hope the surgery went well, cdo. Best of luck recovering
Thank you dy! They ended up only doing the top jaw instead of both! I'm super swollen and very very numb, but not in too much pain! I've been on clear liquids but just had a couple sips of apple juice! Doc just came in to check up, and he loves my results! All in all, I'm doing pretty well!

Reactions: 5 users
IMG_2470.JPG

Simba says hello! He's being super sweet to me today!

Reactions: 6 users
I've almost drank 1/2 of my Angel Food smoothie today!! It's great! :) Recovery is very slow, but steady!

Reactions: 4 users
Yay!!! Glad to hear you're doing okay. <3
Yeah!!! I've been sleeping a lot yesterday and today. We're started slowly having me walk around the house/ the front yard. Might have to go back into the doc tomorrow because one of my rubber bands broke off when I was using a salt water rinse.

I desperately wanted fake cheese when I was studying in finland. Tried to make my partner bring me some ****ty kraft dinner and he chickend out because technically it was a milk product... four months without was sad.

Finland doesn't have cheese?

Day Three Update:
I had 1/8th of a can of Spaghetti O's today!! Tasted delicious, but I moved to food (not liquids like water, juice, and smoothies) too fast and it got stuck in my throat! Oh! and I had two small bowls of Strawberry Milkshake today! Swallowing is the hardest it's been yet, but that's mostly because of the swelling. Doc says it should finally start going down tomorrow.

So far, today, I've had maybe 6 tablespoons of the Angel Food smoothie, about 6 ounces of Strawberry milkshake, 150 mL of water, and an eighth cup can of spaghetti o's.

I think I'm at 400 calories for today- maybe 500. Something like that. Super unhealthy, but hopefully swelling finally starts to go down after today so I can start to eat again!!

-is dreaming about chocolate cake. Also miss steak- no steak or pizza crust for about 8 weeks. Hmph :(

Day Three Update:
I had 1/8th of a can of Spaghetti O's today!! Tasted delicious, but I moved to food (not liquids like water, juice, and smoothies) too fast and it got stuck in my throat! Oh! and I had two small bowls of Strawberry Milkshake today! Swallowing is the hardest it's been yet, but that's mostly because of the swelling. Doc says it should finally start going down tomorrow.

So far, today, I've had maybe 6 tablespoons of the Angel Food smoothie, about 6 ounces of Strawberry milkshake, 150 mL of water, and an eighth cup can of spaghetti o's.

I think I'm at 400 calories for today- maybe 500. Something like that. Super unhealthy, but hopefully swelling finally starts to go down after today so I can start to eat again!!

-is dreaming about chocolate cake. Also miss steak- no steak or pizza crust for about 8 weeks. Hmph :(
I did a 10 day liquid fast a while back and getting past day 3 was the worst as far as hunger and wanting to eat real food. So hopefully that part will start to get easier tomorrow too. Plus keep thinking of the long term benefits!

I did a 10 day liquid fast a while back and getting past day 3 was the worst as far as hunger and wanting to eat real food. So hopefully that part will start to get easier tomorrow too. Plus keep thinking of the long term benefits!
ugh. It still sucks. But yeah, I know what you mean. I've done really nothing but nap and eat today. And I'm exhausted. 39 more days of liquids I believe. :arghh:

Me: *about to go to sleep in the recliner* (head needs to still be elevated)
Dad: *about to go to sleep on the couch* *turns on tv*
Me: "hey dad, do you sleep with the TV on?"
Dad: "no, never. I'll turn it off before I go to bed"
Me: "oh okay..."
Dad: *is asleep and snoring* *still has TV on*
Me: hmph.

Reactions: 2 users