The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
worth it.

I actually live down the street from a fire station. :love: But my cilantro lime chicken tacos were absolutely amazing- so accidentally lighting my kitchen on fire was worth it.

View attachment 223545
These tacos look super-delicious! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
OMG ... I love this one ! Hahaha! It's priceless!

Would you like me to send you a fire-fighting dog to keep in your home?

View attachment 223546

Or an awesome chef cat that also knows how to make everything, including pizza?

View attachment 223547
I HAVE always wanted a Dalmatian (just... without alllllll of their genetics problems).

9b1f8b3bd0c818f0fcdbfff38dae2afe--firefighters-wife-firemen.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
I hear you can find them toward the back of the store on the shelf next to the unicorns. If you hit the pixie dust, you've gone too far.
no no no, I also need the dogs to be vegan and organic as well. Not to mention grain free and antibiotic free! And don't even get me started on vaccinations!

I saw a FB post yesterday, for rehoming a small dog (beagle mostly). They were insistent that the dog was vegetarian, and whoever adopted him had to promise to keep him in that lifestyle.

I saw a FB post yesterday, for rehoming a small dog (beagle mostly). They were insistent that the dog was vegetarian, and whoever adopted him had to promise to keep him in that lifestyle.
At least it wasn't a cat...

Reactions: 1 users
my dog, my choice of diet once you give him up. sorry not sorry, old owners, but you don't get a say

Members don't see this ad :)
My dog ate a piece of lettuce once and was so disgusted he puked all over my bed. Yours sounds better than mine. :laugh:
I like to play a game called "will my dog eat that?". With my Lab, the answer is always yes. I ran out of pill pockets for his phenobarb this morning, so I just handed him the pill. He crunched it AND swallowed. He is very good. His tiny terrier brother is far more discriminating. But still ate a radish.

I like to play a game called "will my dog eat that?". With my Lab, the answer is always yes. I ran out of pill pockets for his phenobarb this morning, so I just handed him the pill. He crunched it AND swallowed. He is very good. His tiny terrier brother is far more discriminating. But still ate a radish.
Oh man pilling my shih tzu is a nightmare. So I sympathize with you and your terrier. It's rough haha

I am pretty sure I could get my chinese crested Max to fly if there was cheese involved! He will do whatever, eat whatever is wrapped up in it. Except trifexa.(I think that is how you spell it) Those i had to poke down his throat. We just went back to comfortis and heartguard. Those he takes without an issue, as long as the comfortis is wrapped in cheese!!

I am pretty sure I could get my chinese crested Max to fly if there was cheese involved! He will do whatever, eat whatever is wrapped up in it. Except trifexa.(I think that is how you spell it) Those i had to poke down his throat. We just went back to comfortis and heartguard. Those he takes without an issue, as long as the comfortis is wrapped in cheese!!
Trifexis works really well in my dog but he does not like taking it! We usually end up with a combination of cheese, pill pockets, and peanut butter because he'll eat the food and then spit out the pill

Trifexis works really well in my dog but he does not like taking it! We usually end up with a combination of cheese, pill pockets, and peanut butter because he'll eat the food and then spit out the pill
My dogs will surprisingly actually eat their Interceptor Plus without any sort of food around it. When they were on heartgard plus, the two little ones would eat some of it but then would refuse the rest without it being wrapped in something (because it was a lot bigger of a chewable than the interceptor plus is) and they didn't want to eat any more of the heartgard(also, it is not super fun to have to break HG into tiny pieces because they can't chew the chewable :laugh:).

Max gobbles the heartguard without it being in cheese...then wants more! The comfortis we wrap in cheese, he gobbles it down. When we tried the trifexis, he would eat the cheese, and spit the pill out!!!! repeatedly. and for a small dog, he puts up a fight trying to get anything down him he doesn't want.

Back in the day before IBD, my dog would eat anything. Like he literally never turned down a single thing I ever fed him. But now that he has strict dietary restrictions, I have to either buy the expensive canned prescription food (by the case, which is the expensive part) or soak kibbles somehow. Soaking the dry kibbles whole takes well over 15 minutes before they're soft enough to coat a pill and ain't nobody got time for that, so when he's on meds I've been putting some kibbles in my food processor to grind the kibbles up, then they'll reabsorb water almost immediately and let me make a meatball quickly. A bit ridiculous, yes, but cheaper and better than cleaning up vomit because he got other foods. He will occasionally pick the pills out, but if we stick them in another meatball he usually eats them the second time unless it's a certain white painkiller who's name starts with T that SDN told me was a banned word. Also we use Advantage multi for heartworm and flea prevention + Advantix to cover for ticks because most of those things are beef flavored and that is a no no for us too.

You should send them some links about protein deficiency and associated diseases in dogs. They can also be tried for animal cruelty if their pet ends up with any of these as a result of poor nutrition.

fwiw I have done it with an electric stove successfully to brown them...

...but the gas stove works way better.
I've also used an electric stove to brown them directly. Usually I have an easier time heating a small pan though since the spiral burners are a pain.

I tried to flirt with a guy today. It... did not go well.

So I had just got out of anatomy lab and smelled like well- an anatomy lab. I pulled up to my apartment complex and was walking inside when an attractive looking guy was walking with an attractive looking Aussie puppy. I stopped to say hello to the dog and he started getting really excited, smelling my scrubs.

Cdo: “Oh hahaha he probably smells my dog”
Him: “oh you have a dog? What kind?”
Cdo: “Pitbull. Well, I mean he’s actually dead. Err- well he’s dead, but he’s been preserved in formalin so we’re able to really look at his structure and musculature”
Him: “oh.. I guess that’s nice...?”
Cdo: “yeah it’s really cool- I got to crack open the ribs today and we were able to see-“
Him: “ umm, hold on, I’m sorry... I actually have to... uh.. yeah I gotta go”

It’s a shame. He had a cute pup.

Reactions: 6 users

So I had just got out of anatomy lab and smelled like well- an anatomy lab. I pulled up to my apartment complex and was walking inside when an attractive looking guy was walking with an attractive looking Aussie puppy. I stopped to say hello to the dog and he started getting really excited, smelling my scrubs.

Cdo: “Pitbull. Well, I mean he’s actually dead. Err- well he’s dead, but he’s been preserved in formalin so we’re able to really look at his structure and musculature”
Cdo: “yeah it’s really cool- I got to crack open the ribs today and we were able to see-“

Sounds like fun...
This must be why my wife told her coworkers that my coworkers are a little... "weird."

AUSSIE PUPPY?!

I'm sorry, I totally blanked out on reading the rest of this after that.

Reactions: 7 users

I think that if you follow up with "It's okay, I'm a vet student!" people are a little less freaked out. For next time ;)

I'm laughing so much, thanks Egg :p

AUSSIE PUPPY?!

I'm sorry, I totally blanked out on reading the rest of this after that.
SO CUTE. I thought of you!
I think that if you follow up with "It's okay, I'm a vet student!" people are a little less freaked out. For next time ;)

I'm laughing so much, thanks Egg :p
I tried to but it was already too late hahahahaha

Newly appointed maid of honor here; already stressing over the planning :nailbiting: Hoping to encourage BTB to look at venues next month and getting this ball rolling!
Estimated Date Nov. 2018. Also have never been involved in a wedding before so I'm not too sure how long all this takes to get done :thinking:

Newly appointed maid of honor here; already stressing over the planning :nailbiting: Hoping to encourage BTB to look at venues next month and getting this ball rolling!
Estimated Date Nov. 2018. Also have never been involved in a wedding before so I'm not too sure how long all this takes to get done :thinking:
My sister planned her wedding in 1.5 months. :laugh: I had a blast being her maid of honor, I'm sure you will too!

I’m stressing too, it’s okay! There’s a group of 2 other girls from HS that are my best friends, so we were names besties of honor so that the bride’s sister was the MOH. But we get to plan the bachelorette party.

Check Pinterest, we’re having a blast!

I’m stressing too, it’s okay! There’s a group of 2 other girls from HS that are my best friends, so we were names besties of honor so that the bride’s sister was the MOH. But we get to plan the bachelorette party.

Check Pinterest, we’re having a blast!
I'm using pinterest as we speak!!! I'm currently the only decided member of the bridal party which just makes it harder since I can't delegate quite yet! I love looking at venues online and all the stuff on Pinterest though!

I'm using pinterest as we speak!!! I'm currently the only decided member of the bridal party which just makes it harder since I can't delegate quite yet! I love looking at venues online and all the stuff on Pinterest though!
The nice thing about being MOH instead of bride is that you don’t have to plan all that much (except bachelorette party and sometimes the bridal parties). Bride plans everything, she’ll just run it by you to see if you like it. So I don’t think it’ll be as much of a time commitment as you think!