The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My close friend at school got wolf!

She took this pre-pandemic & got antelope, and someone was like "oh no [x], you ate yourself to survive!"
I took it a second time with some of the answers I had been 50/50 on switched and got kinkajou haha

It never specified a kind of penguin. I think it said people with big penguins tend to be bold leaders and people with little penguins tend to be more agreeable and more followers. I am secretly thinking rockhopper penguin because 1) they're cute and 2) can be found in some slightly warmer areas than the other penguins haha

But based on the descriptions above I'd probably have an emperor penguin or something

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got an antelope... (specifically a Reedbuck antelope)

It said, “Those who have antelope daemons are elegant but high-strung people”

it’s accurate but also rude. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I got musteloid --> ringtail
e1paqvknzjgjgxacwsog.png

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm once again looking at the penguin description because I wanted to re-read it to figure out what size of penguin I would have

You are an inquisitive and determined individual who works hard and plays hard. More so than others with flightless bird daemons, those with penguins are generous team players and dedicated to group cohesion. They are purposeful and upstanding, imbued with a tenacity that is certain to overcome all odds.

When deciding on your daemon's appearance, consider your penguin's species. A large penguin daemon like the emperor penguin may indicate someone who is more dutiful and a leader, a smaller species like the Adélie penguin someone who is curious and a follower, and the macaroni and rockhopper penguins someone who is playful and clownish.

I'm not sure if I'm clownish enough to have a rockhopper :cryi:

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
I'm once again looking at the penguin description because I wanted to re-read it to figure out what size of penguin I would have

You are an inquisitive and determined individual who works hard and plays hard. More so than others with flightless bird daemons, those with penguins are generous team players and dedicated to group cohesion. They are purposeful and upstanding, imbued with a tenacity that is certain to overcome all odds.

When deciding on your daemon's appearance, consider your penguin's species. A large penguin daemon like the emperor penguin may indicate someone who is more dutiful and a leader, a smaller species like the Adélie penguin someone who is curious and a follower, and the macaroni and rockhopper penguins someone who is playful and clownish.

I'm not sure if I'm clownish enough to have a rockhopper :cryi:
My results had a link to a secondary quiz for the actual breed/species, not just a list of vague traits like this.

They get a bad rap but honestly a lot of venomous snakes are supposedly very chill. Also, they are efficient!

I clearly have an internal bias because I went and took it again with changing some on the fence answers... Still a Viper.

Ok fine quiz I will learn to accept myself lol

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
My results had a link to a secondary quiz for the actual breed/species, not just a list of vague traits like this.
My original result was flightless bird, with penguin as my result from a secondary quiz. Weird they don't give an actual kind of penguin if they're gonna put it on there

I did the daemon quiz and got an owl, specifically a snowy owl.

Your daemon would take the form of an owl! Those who have owl daemons are intelligent and precise, though unlike other bird daemons they exude pure logic. They are observant and critical, preferring subtly and independence when it comes to pursuing their goals.

Your daemon would take the form of a snowy owl! You are a powerful and assertive individual who values deep thought and clarity. More so than others with owl daemons, those with snowy owls are independent and confident, able to appear competent even when they don't feel it. Rarely does their resilient and strong-willed exterior waver.

• Love
I did the daemon quiz and got an owl, specifically a snowy owl.

Your daemon would take the form of an owl! Those who have owl daemons are intelligent and precise, though unlike other bird daemons they exude pure logic. They are observant and critical, preferring subtly and independence when it comes to pursuing their goals.

Your daemon would take the form of a snowy owl! You are a powerful and assertive individual who values deep thought and clarity. More so than others with owl daemons, those with snowy owls are independent and confident, able to appear competent even when they don't feel it. Rarely does their resilient and strong-willed exterior waver.
Hedwig!!! :biglove:

Anybody else have one eye that kills contacts faster than the other? I wear monthlies and frequently have to change my right one before the left, so end up with uneven numbers. Right now I have 3 more lefts than rights.

Anybody else have one eye that kills contacts faster than the other? I wear monthlies and frequently have to change my right one before the left, so end up with uneven numbers. Right now I have 3 more lefts than rights.
Daily contacts changed my life.
But for real though, I used to battle with my eyes drying out toward the end of the month and they would rotate out of place, which was a big deal because I have astigmatism so they need to be settled correctly on my eye. But a year ago the optometrist talked me into dailies and that’s all resolved. They were more expensive but worth every penny.

I had this when I wore contacts. My right eye wore out its lens much faster. Is your prescription different on that side?

I had this when I wore contacts. My right eye wore out its lens much faster. Is your prescription different on that side?
Yup! It's significantly higher

Daily contacts changed my life.
But for real though, I used to battle with my eyes drying out toward the end of the month and they would rotate out of place, which was a big deal because I have astigmatism so they need to be settled correctly on my eye. But a year ago the optometrist talked me into dailies and that’s all resolved. They were more expensive but worth every penny.
Yeah I think dailies would be wonderful but can't justify the extra expense currently. My insurance covers most of the cost of the monthlies.

My right eye's prescription is slightly worse than my left eye, and I have noticed that it dries out/bothers me more at the end of a long day, so that might be why your right eye goes through contacts sooner than your left eye?
I have had dailies my entire contacts-wearing life (since 4th grade) so I can't help out Dubz too much, but I am curious if you got lasik or decided to wear only glasses?

Awesome! My eye doctor said I would be a good candidate for it at my last appointment, so I've been considering it. My roommate also just got it about 2 months ago and so far she's loved it. What have your thoughts been? My (nearsighted) vision isn't too bad, but it's bad enough that I need glasses or contacts to drive, and just for everyday life, and I think I might actually save money if I got Lasik vs using daily contacts for the rest of my life.

Awesome! My eye doctor said I would be a good candidate for it at my last appointment, so I've been considering it. My roommate also just got it about 2 months ago and so far she's loved it. What have your thoughts been? My (nearsighted) vision isn't too bad, but it's bad enough that I need glasses or contacts to drive, and just for everyday life, and I think I might actually save money if I got Lasik vs using daily contacts for the rest of my life.
I LOVE it. I wish I had done it sooner, to be honest. My vision wasn't too bad either - I wore glasses but I was functional without them, but it's really been lifechanging. I'm one of the people who was lucky enough to be at 20/15 in both eyes the day after the procedure. It was expensive, but worth the money IMO.

• Love
The makeup industry must be suffering a bit right now lol
This made me think of all the Xofluza commercials I've been seeing lately. My pharmacy has probably dispensed fewer than 5 Tamiflu prescriptions this season, and virtually all other pharmacies have similar stats. Even in past years we rarely dispensed Xofluza. Nobody is dispensing it right now.

Reactions: 2 users