Touro University - Nevada (TUNCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Crickets.

Does anyone know of any movements from here at all recently?
Nope. Judging from last year's thread we should see movement in the coming weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hate to say it, but I'm pretty sure WL movement has already started as evidenced by the number of new adds to the fb group recently.

Yeah I hate to admit it but you're probably right. The group dropped by one member last week to 182 and this morning it is up to 185. It's looking like they ranked the waitlist last week and accepted some of those ranked people recently. Or maybe those people that were added are 2nd years just wanting to get into the group. Although they are most likely class 2020. Here's to hoping that more people get accepted into their #1 choice and drop so some SDN peeps can get some love.

Yeah I hate to admit it but you're probably right. The group dropped by one member last week to 182 and this morning it is up to 185. It's looking like they ranked the waitlist last week and accepted some of those ranked people recently. Or maybe those people that were added are 2nd years just wanting to get into the group. Although they are most likely class 2020. Here's to hoping that more people get accepted into their #1 choice and drop so some SDN peeps can get some love.
Even if the class is getting full, none of us know if we are the next one to be called. Who knows. We may be next in line and worst case scenario is we get a standby spot.

Btw, how many standby spots do they have? I got the impression it was only a couple.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Even if the class is getting full, none of us know if we are the next one to be called. Who knows. We may be next in line and worst case scenario is we get a standby spot.

Btw, how many standby spots do they have? I got the impression it was only a couple.

I think there are only 2 or 3 standby spots. I like your optimistic attitude with the worst case scenario being standby.

I think there are only 2 or 3 standby spots. I like your optimistic attitude with the worst case scenario being standby.

Yeah I have to employ that with TUNCOM. Ideally we would be told our exact rank, but that's just not the case here.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I was bored so I looked at the 2020 Facebook page and counted 78 people that I know are in my class (going into 2nd year) or classes above me. That doesn't include people that I don't know so I wouldn't be surprised if there were ~90-100 people that are on the Facebook page that aren't in the 2020 class. Also, people that are accepted into the page may not be matriculating into Touro. They may have gotten other acceptances or not been removed from the page for one reason or another (I was in another school's Facebook page last year where I didn't matriculate). I know it's hell waiting but you guys are all studs. Again, I got pulled off the waitlist on June 30th last year and know plenty of others that were taken after me. Good luck friends, I'm pulling for you guys!

Reactions: 5 users
Tomorrows a new week. Hopefully we see some movement.

I was bored so I looked at the 2020 Facebook page and counted 78 people that I know are in my class (going into 2nd year) or classes above me. That doesn't include people that I don't know so I wouldn't be surprised if there were ~90-100 people that are on the Facebook page that aren't in the 2020 class. Also, people that are accepted into the page may not be matriculating into Touro. They may have gotten other acceptances or not been removed from the page for one reason or another (I was in another school's Facebook page last year where I didn't matriculate). I know it's hell waiting but you guys are all studs. Again, I got pulled off the waitlist on June 30th last year and know plenty of others that were taken after me. Good luck friends, I'm pulling for you guys!

Thanks for that @RunGently I'm sure you remember what it was like being on the waitlist. It's always nice to hear some good news. Yes, this is a new week! Let's keep hoping for some Touro-NV love. Some good movement coming this week! Positive thoughts, everyone.

Thanks for that @RunGently I'm sure you remember what it was like being on the waitlist. It's always nice to hear some good news. Yes, this is a new week! Let's keep hoping for some Touro-NV love. Some good movement coming this week! Positive thoughts, everyone.

The wait is a killer.

Been on the waitlist for a few months now and recently got a call from TUN asking if i'd be interested in their masters program. Did anyone else receive such calls? Not sure how to interpret this.. if it means I'm way down in the waitlist to make it in this cycle or if they are calling everyone else on the list as well?! :/

Been on the waitlist for a few months now and recently got a call from TUN asking if i'd be interested in their masters program. Did anyone else receive such calls? Not sure how to interpret this.. if it means I'm way down in the waitlist to make it in this cycle or if they are calling everyone else on the list as well?! :/

I didn't. Not sure how to read that..

Members don't see this ad :)

Dear goodness I don't know if my heart could handle the emotional rollercoaster of getting a call from a 702 area code only to answer it and be asked about the masters program. Not sure how to read that either. Supposedly, on May 15th AACOMAS sent out a list of individuals who have acceptances to the school so I doubt they would call anyone on that list. When did you receive the phone call?

Dear goodness I don't know if my heart could handle the emotional rollercoaster of getting a call from a 702 area code only to answer it and be asked about the masters program. Not sure how to read that either. Supposedly, on May 15th AACOMAS sent out a list of individuals who have acceptances to the school so I doubt they would call anyone on that list. When did you receive the phone call?

I wonder how that call would go? It seems kind of odd to call someone just to offer the master program. Wouldn't an email be more apt?

Last edited:
Hate to say it, but I'm pretty sure WL movement has already started as evidenced by the number of new adds to the fb group recently.

Yes, a friend of mine was recently accepted off wait list

I talked to the admission office when I was on campus yesterday and they said they have been pulling people off the wait list when someone gives up their seat. The first person on the wait list is not always the person who gets the seat since they could already have a seat at another school and deny the seat or don't respond within the time limit given.
They have been calling people on the wait list offering spots for the master program. They did not tell me why but I can venture to guess because the orientation starts this Wednesday for the MHS program they wanted to fill the class. That is why they are probably calling because if you accepted a seat in the master program you have little time to move etc.

As more schools start classes, especially in California, the more chance there will be an open spot. Although I am sure they hate to admit it TUN is can be a backup school for California residents.

Reactions: 1 users
I talked to the admission office when I was on campus yesterday and they said they have been pulling people off the wait list when someone gives up their seat. The first person on the wait list is not always the person who gets the seat since they could already have a seat at another school and deny the seat or don't respond within the time limit given.
They have been calling people on the wait list offering spots for the master program. They did not tell me why but I can venture to guess because the orientation starts this Wednesday for the MHS program they wanted to fill the class. That is why they are probably calling because if you accepted a seat in the master program you have little time to move etc.

As more schools start classes, especially in California, the more chance there will be an open spot. Although I am sure they hate to admit it TUN is can be a backup school for California residents.

Thank you for checking up on this! Based on this, it sounds like the class is full and they are accepting off of the waitlist as seats become available. Man, I thought there were still some seats left. It's all good. Hopefully people get accepted to some Cali schools and give up their seats so some of lucky students can get the seat.

Also, I'm not greedy at all, but even though I have a seat at a school, I am absolutely dedicated to attending TUNCOM. So, hopefully they don't pass me up because I already hold a seat. Good luck everyone! I hope we hear good news in the coming weeks.

Are you talking about Touro CA? Or just CA schools in general?
Definitely hoping for some love from TUN soon. Its definitely not my backup lol. It will be the one I attend if they send an offer my way.

Lots of TUN students are from California who like to stay near there. So if they can't get into a California medical school TUN is another choice.

If' anyone is still looking for housing, myself and 2 other incoming DO20 students signed a lease for a 3BR/2BA apartment at Adiamo, but one of the other students is likely pulling out as he got off the waitlist elsewhere, so we will probably have an extra room. Rent plus utilities (not including gas, electric, or internet) will be $456 for one of the non master bedrooms, or $606 for the master. I'll know by Friday (7/1) if this is happening for sure. Anyone who's interested feel free to reply or PM me!

one of the other students is likely pulling out as he got off the waitlist elsewhere
Not sure how many people are still looking for housing on here, but this is the information worth it's weight in gold to those on the waitlist.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone have a rough estimate as to how many people are on the waitlist?

The wait is still killing me and any info would help! haha checking my email literally every hour during their business hours.

The wait is still killing me and any info would help! haha checking my email literally every hour during their business hours.

Same here haha!

No one really knows. This school isn't very transparent on their waitlist info. They play their cards close (yes, a Vegas reference).

Yep same here. No idea how many people are on the waitlist. But it is moving. That only means our chance is getting closer.

From other social media, I know at least one spot is opening up. Let's hope one of us gets it.

Losing hope. It's getting late...

Hey this may be a dumb question(actually most likely is), but I may as well just ask for Clarification. Anybody have any luck with finishing pre-reqs mid cycle? I understand that on AACOMAS they clearly state people with classes pending will not be considered and I immediately took them off my list because of it. But just wanted to see if there's a 1% chance that statement is dependent on the situation. I still have to complete my second bio lab(but my first one was 2 credits so I meet the 8 credit req for bio) just don't have two semesters of the lab.

Edit: sorry just realized it says "more than one pending pre-req", all is good! My bad haha should have read more carefully

Last edited:
Losing hope. It's getting late...

Unlikely you're going to get in. The admin for the FB page sent a mass email to the entire class of 2020 and there were 135 recipients.

Hey this may be a dumb question(actually most likely is), but I may as well just ask for Clarification. Anybody have any luck with finishing pre-reqs mid cycle? I understand that on AACOMAS they clearly state people with classes pending will not be considered and I immediately took them off my list because of it. But just wanted to see if there's a 1% chance that statement is dependent on the situation. I still have to complete my second bio lab(but my first one was 2 credits so I meet the 8 credit req for bio) just don't have two semesters of the lab.

Edit: sorry just realized it says "more than one pending pre-req", all is good! My bad haha should have read more carefully

You'll be fine, just make sure you ace those science classes!

Unlikely you're going to get in. The admin for the FB page sent a mass email to the entire class of 2020 and there were 135 recipients.
Nah I bet a few spots open up. The true enrollment figures most likely don't match the figures in the Facebook group. You don't have to go very far back in this thread to know that.

At the very least, we should be hearing about standby spots being offered soon.

Nah I bet a few spots open up. The true enrollment figures most likely don't match the figures in the Facebook group. You don't have to go very far back in this thread to know that.

At the very least, we should be hearing about standby spots being offered soon.

I'm not referring to the number of members on the school's facebook page, but the email that was sent to every accepted applicant who submitted their deposits with some details regarding the DO program. The number of recipients was 135 which is the school's class size.

In addition, if you check the previous year's TUNCOM class forum, waitlisted applicants were offered standby positions around this time so take that into consideration. I wish you the best of luck though. My friend got pulled from the waitlist a few weeks ago, so anything is possible.

I'm not referring to the number of members on the school's facebook page, but the email that was sent to every accepted applicant who submitted their deposits with some details regarding the DO program. The number of recipients was 135 which is the school's class size.

In addition, if you check the previous year's TUNCOM class forum, waitlisted applicants were offered standby positions around this time so take that into consideration. I wish you the best of luck though. My friend got pulled from the waitlist a few weeks ago, so anything is possible.

The only thing I gather from your post is that the class is full. Not that standby spots are about to be offered. Looking at last year's thread, standby spots weren't offered until late-July. There was still seat turnover through mid-July. I do agree that it isn't looking good. As such, I'll be securing an apartment in the city of my accepted school this week.

Class is full like I said before. Standby is not set either and this is according to the admission office and registrar who I spoke to today. There can be wait list movement up until class starts. The associate registrar told me last year one of the standby was called the day before orientation. I remember that too because he was asking around during orientation for a place to crash if he was pulled from standby. He wasn't unfortunately but I believe he was offered a spot for the 2020 class. I am not trying to give anyone false hope. @EggRolls is right. They are already figuring out the possible standbys now that the orientation for the other programs is finishes. Every year is different according to admissions. But as we edge closer to the start of the school year the wait list movement will slow. I hope everyone that is waiting has a spot at another school in case.

Last edited:
So... where are those standby offers?

So... where are those standby offers?

Yeah it's weird that NOBODY has posted here with a wait list acceptance. It's happening but strange that no SDN peeps are posting. Looking at the previous years, I think there may still be SOME wait list movement later this week and standby spots will be given a week before orientation. They start orientation in a couple weeks, right?

Yeah it's weird that NOBODY has posted here with a wait list acceptance. It's happening but strange that no SDN peeps are posting. Looking at the previous years, I think there may still be SOME wait list movement later this week and standby spots will be given a week before orientation. They start orientation in a couple weeks, right?
We can only guess. No one really knows for sure.

Orientation starts July 27th. Class the 1st of August.

I was notified today that I am next on the waitlist.

Reactions: 6 users

With two weeks out to orientation what do you think you will do if you get the call? Have you been accepted elsewhere?

Last edited:

Congratulations! :)
I know you already put down the deposit for an apartment elsewhere, but my fingers are crossed for you! At worst case scenario it would be standby+DA right?

Haven't been very active lately, but I was accepted off wait list here. Looks like you're next on the wait list? I'm declining my spot here... Best to you :)

Reactions: 3 users
I was officially given an offer of admission today. I will absolutely be attending. I'm so excited and grateful. This was my #1!

Reactions: 11 users
I was officially given an offer of admission today. I will absolutely be attending. I'm so excited and grateful. This was my #1!
Congrats! Hopefully I'm on deck to join you :)

Reactions: 2 users
Not all of them. I was just offered a standby spot a few minutes ago.

No promises but I have to go to campus in 30 minutes I'll ask them what the movement has been like. They might not tell me but it is worth a try.