U of A c/o 2026 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I still haven't heard anything... I am really not sure if that is a good or bad thing.
No news is better than bad news!! Good luck 🤞🏼

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone come off the interview waitlist? or are they just rejecting everyone one by one?
Sounds like they're rejecting everyone one by one until they come down to the last 30 + the # of people who have declined their seat but ofc this is just a theory

Sounds like they're rejecting everyone one by one until they come down to the last 30 + the # of people who have declined their seat but ofc this is just a theory
i kinda feel the same way…. who knows. i wish they would explain the method to their madness but i get it, rolling application cycles must be really complicated

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
i kinda feel the same way…. who knows. i wish they would explain the method to their madness but i get it, rolling application cycles must be really complicated
Especially with over 2000 applications for only 300 interviews and 110 seats.

Do we know the last day they are sending out decisions or are we just sitting ducks?

Do we know the last day they are sending out decisions or are we just sitting ducks?
Based on their email before new years and their post on this thread, we will know if we have an MMI invite or rejection this week as they said “by mid-january”

I anything today?
I'm inclined to say no since today is a national holiday but I just learned that AZ actually voted to not celebrate MLK Day recently so I'm not sure who recognizes it and who doesn't

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Hello! Does anyone know what kind of questions they ask for the virtual MMI?

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally rejected from U of A after waiting for so long (went on MMI hold on 11/6). I'm fortunate enough to already be guaranteed a spot somewhere else, so I'm definitely not as frustrated but they need to do a way better job on their admissions. I understand that they're a new school but placing everyone on a waitlist without any way to know ranking is not it. At this point, I really do think they should just send out the interviews as needed and not have a waitlist (as many other schools do) because, as many others have already pointed out, it really does seem like they want to string you along until they don't want you as an applicant anymore (and they probably don't intend for this but I think that's what it feels like).

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
OOS rejection email last night, my last name starts with a T and I was on the MMI waitlist since the end of October.

• Care
AZ observes MLK day and there were a plethora of educational events and marches held here on that day to honor Dr. King. Most schools were closed that day, including UofA.
Oh phew okay good

OOS interview for March 17th! If you haven't heard back maybe check the portal. I didn't have an email yet, but the portal was updated.

OOS interview for March 17th! If you haven't heard back maybe check the portal. I didn't have an email yet, but the portal was updated.

Congratulations! I’ve been on MMI hold since 10/21, patiently waiting hear something.

Congratulations! I’ve been on MMI hold since 10/21, patiently waiting hear something.
I was on hold since only 12/20. But I don't know how much it has to do with it since I didn't get a supplemental app until a lot later too.

OOS rejection today at 5pm Pacific Time

• Care
Still no word here. Not understanding this process at all

• Haha
I am assuming that because there are so many more applicants than previously, it is taking them longer than normal to get through everything. And I would much rather have them take a little longer than rush through it all. I am sure you guys will hear back soon :)

Sad that interview spots are full but grateful I’m still on the interview waitlist.

For those of you who already had interviews, did you dress in formal interview attire? I've never had an interview that was recorded online so I wasn't sure how that changes interview attire (if it does at all).

For those of you who already had interviews, did you dress in formal interview attire? I've never had an interview that was recorded online so I wasn't sure how that changes interview attire (if it does at all).
I was dressed more business casual so a nice blouse and I had my hair pulled back but others were wearing those fancy interview jackets so whatever feels comfy for you!

I wore a blue blouse thats like “high-neck” kind of like a turtle neck would be, and had my hair down and curled. My hair wasn’t in my face but it was very neat and pulled behind my ears. But since it was virtual I wore pajama pants lol. Also, remember that you want a professional background. I just had a plain white wall in the background. I saw some people in their kitchens but I’d still recommend just being in either a plain background or a professional setting like a conference room or office space.

I wore a blue blouse thats like “high-neck” kind of like a turtle neck would be, and had my hair down and curled. My hair wasn’t in my face but it was very neat and pulled behind my ears. But since it was virtual I wore pajama pants lol. Also, remember that you want a professional background. I just had a plain white wall in the background. I saw some people in their kitchens but I’d still recommend just being in either a plain background or a professional setting like a conference room or office space.
Are portions of the interview in groups?

I wore business/business casual clothes. My thought process was to wear what I would if the interview were in person. My advisor said to make you wear appropriate clothes on top and bottom (e.g., don't wear PJs) in case you have to move for some reason.

The info sessions (before and after) were in groups. I would recommend going to those because they were very helpful/insightful. Especially the one the night before because it explained the interview process so I felt a lot more comfortable on the day. The interviews themselves were one-on-one.

Are portions of the interview in groups?
Before the interview there’s a mandatory zoom session where they explain the interview process. After the interviews there’s another Zoom session where they talk about the program. Some people had their cameras on for the zoom sessions, but I don’t think you’re expected to have yours on if you don’t want. I didn’t have mine on

Thank you everyone for your insight! It’s been super helpful!! I hope you all got/get admitted :D

Has anyone heard from them regarding admissions since the January 6th decisions? They said they make decisions twice a month in their holiday closure email but haven't heard of anyone getting in during a second admissions date in January.

Has anyone heard from them regarding admissions since the January 6th decisions? They said they make decisions twice a month in their holiday closure email but haven't heard of anyone getting in during a second admissions date in January.
They just did another round this past weekend. I had my interview on January 13th and they called me with an IS acceptance last Friday (the 27th)!

Reactions: 2 users