UCLA vs USC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

emsalsera

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know similar threads have been posted before, but I just wanted to get your guys' opinion on this.

I went to UCLA for my undergrad and was set on going to USC this fall, slightly excited to be at a different instution and especially jazzed since they offered me a scholarship that makes their tuition comparable to a UC school. UCLA offered me an acceptance recently and I'm a bit torn as to what to decide.

I'm interested in doing peds, but know that this decision could change within the next few years. Most likely I'll stay in family medicine or some sort though.

What would you guys decide? UCLA, even though it means being 9 years at the same school (I'm currently working here.. and that's nearly a 1/3 of my life! :p), or USC?

Thanks so much for your two cents. :) I really appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

It's not like you're going to get a whole new experience out in East LA. It just won't... be.. as nice over there. Go to UCLA!

go to USC.. they have a MUCH better football team:)

Members don't see this ad :)
USC is a private school that treats you right! if tuition is nearly the same I would choose USC.

BUT I could see how some would say UCLA cuz it is ranked higher.
I would make a decision based on what your heart is telling you and where you think you would be happier.

YAY for you having 2 wonderful choices

EDIT: also I will be at USC and I am AWESOME

EDIT #2: I am probably more awesome than Veaselhaufen LOL

^Says the UCLA waitlister.

If you go to UCLA you will have one of the cooooollleestt classmates imaginable

Why u hating??

All kidding aside, I wish I were in your situation, but Ultimately, I would probably head for the school that will cost me the least since they both are great med schools. Since USC is private, cant really justify paying that much more that UCLA.

Go with your gut instinct regardless of what we all say,

Why u hating??

All kidding aside, I wish I were in your situation, but Ultimately, I would probably head for the school that will cost me the least since they both are great med schools. Since USC is private, cant really justify paying that much more that UCLA.

Go with your gut instinct regardless of what we all say,

I'm not hating. I'M the coolest classmate imaginable :thumbup:

By the way: I think it's funny that UCLA med school only seems interested in pulling away students from its most bitter rivals

I'm not hating. I'M the coolest classmate imaginable :thumbup:

By the way: I think it's funny that UCLA med school only seems interested in pulling away students from its most bitter rivals

It does seem like that. In both of my UCLA interviews, they asked me where I interviewed and was accepted at, as well as about my reapplicant status. I wasnt asked these topics by any other school.

In regards to the USC vs UCLA, if cost is not an issue, I would take the school that treats you best, which would probably favor USC. Plus, you figure that tuition is probably going to rise 25% within the next coupel years given the CA monetary issues.

Bruin gets a choice to stay a Bruin, go to a #11 medical school, and do clerkships at the best hospital in the world currently. Plus, gets to graduate with less debt and live in a nicer neighborhood for four years.

And you're considering becoming a Trojan because...? :)

Thanks for all your feedback guys.. I really appreciate it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.