University of Minnesota c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Don’t give up! You should see if they’ll do a file review.
Also I just want to bump this - of the schools I did file reviews with when I didn't get in anywhere the first time I applied, UMN's was by far the most helpful and gave me the best idea of an actionable plan for myself to be the best applicant I could the next time around (and it worked!).

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
IS rejection. Congrats all of those who received interviews! Curious to know what GPAs were for OOS students who received interviews. Any feedback would be helpful, thanks! :)

Hi! I’m IS and received an interview. My stats were 3.57 cum 3.68 last 45 and 3.5 for pre-reqs. I have ~500 veterinary hours mostly small animal some large animal. ~1000 animal hours. President & vice president of pre-vet club, D3 athlete, was very involved throughout undergrad. Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
For SDSU I’d expect middle of the month. Last two years I heard back on Jan 14th. That’s a Saturday this year though so not necessarily gonna be the same date.

Have they sent out confirmation of interview dates yet? IK the invite said by 1/13 but wanted to double check

Have they sent out confirmation of interview dates yet? IK the invite said by 1/13 but wanted to double check
I haven’t received anything yet 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewers just got our schedules last night, so my guess is that you guys will get yours in the next couple days.
Do you know how many (approx) were invited to interview this year?

I don't, sorry. I know we interview more now doing the virtual interviews than we did when we were doing in person, but I don't know specific numbers.
That’s okay! Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Check your email! Just got my interview date!

Reactions: 5 users
IS interview invite. Goodluck!

Does anyone know if there is a thread for the SDSU 2+2 program for CO 2027? I can’t seem to find one.

Does anyone know if there is a thread for the SDSU 2+2 program for CO 2027? I can’t seem to find one.
I don’t believe SDSU has a separate one. Just kinda gets mentioned on rare occasions on the UMN thread here.

Does anyone know if UMN offers scholarships for first year students? I know we filled out that survey but I’m wondering how common it is for them to actually give scholarships out to first years. Thanks!

Is anyone else trying to join the info session but can't because they didn't send us a meeting password??

I emailed them so I'll let you know if I get a response!

Okay phew, I'm glad I'm not the only one.
I emailed them too.

How are you all preparing for this since it's more behavioral-based?

The fact that it’s 60 minutes is kind of freaking me out. Like that is SO long and I’m gonna be so sweaty lol

How are you all preparing for this since it's more behavioral-based?
I’ve been just looking up common behavioral questions and thinking about different situations I’ve been through and how I handled them. I feel like that’s all you can really do.

The fact that it’s 60 minutes is kind of freaking me out. Like that is SO long and I’m gonna be so sweaty lol
It goes by fast!

I'm really introverted and I tell applicants this every year, even though I'm sure they think I'm lying - I had a blast in my interview way back when. It just feels like a conversation and it flows pretty naturally - you'll be shocked when they say that that's all the questions they had and open the floor for you to ask them any. We really are rooting for each and every one of you and want to see you succeed!

Sending good vibes to all of you, believe in how awesome you are because you wouldn't have been offered an interview if UMN didn't see that ❤️

• Care
Just finished my interview. My interviewers were amazing, very nice and relaxed. They really want you to feel comfortable and it shows.
I don't personally think I did great but the experience itself was pretty good. Good luck all!

• Care
Just finished my interview. My interviewers were amazing, very nice and relaxed. They really want you to feel comfortable and it shows.
I don't personally think I did great but the experience itself was pretty good. Good luck all!
I know you can’t share exact questions, but were they hard/difficult/trick you questions? :( I’m most nervous about my Minny interview.

Also, I’m sure you did better than you think :) we are always our own worst critic.

Reactions: 1 users
I know you can’t share exact questions, but were they hard/difficult/trick you questions? :( I’m most nervous about my Minny interview.

Also, I’m sure you did better than you think :) we are always our own worst critic.
No, they weren't trick questions, but I personally found them hard to answer. For me it was just phrasing things in a coherent way. I talk in circles when I'm nervous and I think it showed.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how many people get invited for an interview out of the 1,500 applicants?

Just finished mine. Interviewers were very nice and welcoming but I have to agree with potentialsheltervet that I don’t think I did well 😂 Mine wasn’t super conversational to be honest but maybe that’s because I was so nervous lol

• Care
Just had my interview and loved it! The questions are very specific and difficult but the interviewers were so nice

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
All of you all are scaring me haha! I hope I can answer these questions.

Just finished the interview! It’s very structured and less conversational. Though it is a little stressful, the interviewers were super nice and they did give some feedback (like smiles 🙃) Just hoping for the best!!

Here’s a link of how they structure their interview for those who may be interested in!

Good luck to y’all! You will do great! Just relax and practice behavioral questions and you will be fine!

All of you all are scaring me haha! I hope I can answer these questions.
As someone who has interviewed with SDSU a couple times (and they do the same interview as UMN) I think it’s really luck of the draw if the questions they ask you are gonna seem easy or not. Last year I really liked pretty much all the questions I was asked, felt like I had good examples and answers to them but the questions this year made me feel like a deer in the headlights. Someone else would probably feel the exact opposite of me as it’s going to be highly individual as to what questions you really resonate that you’ve got a great answer on. None of the interviewers have been mean or anything and it’s alright if you take a couple minutes to think before answering a question. Best of luck and remember there’s lots of baby goats, kittens and puppies to hug no matter what the outcome is.

• Care