University of Minnesota c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I did both surveys, both because I love doing surveys and just to really send that food energy toward UMN. It's been my top choice school all cycle and has become the only school left this cycle so... Please lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I did both surveys, both because I love doing surveys and just to really send that food energy toward UMN. It's been my top choice school all cycle and has become the only school left this cycle so... Please lol
I really hope you get in! I would love to go to UMN and I am trying to keep an open mind, but realistically I don’t think I could afford it if I do get in. I would likely visit the campus, just to confirm my decision, but I have a feeling I would have to decline my seat.

• Care
Sorry guys, I don’t have any insider info this time 😅

I would be surprised if it was today since we do phone calls, but as PSV mentioned, I don’t get to help with calls so I don’t know more than that. Fingers crossed for all of you :biglove:

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They CANNOT use the term "shortly". I got that email in choir and literally almost passed out. I held my phone in my hand during the whole rehearsal... THIS SUCKS. Feels like I'm being tortured.

Reactions: 2 users
They CANNOT use the term "shortly". I got that email in choir and literally almost passed out. I held my phone in my hand during the whole rehearsal... THIS SUCKS. Feels like I'm being tortured.
Maybe they mean shortly on the cosmic scale. A few million years, no biggie.

Reactions: 1 users
Fingers crossed for today! The wait is brutal :')

• Care
Fingers crossed for today! The wait is brutal :')
I was talking to one of my Vet friends and she got a similar email last year to the one we got yesterday. She also got it on a Tuesday and then they sent out decisions 2 days later (Thursday). I'm not saying that it will be like that this year, but I'm hoping it'll be tomorrow.

Reactions: 6 users
Good luck everyone, deep breaths and whatever happens you did all you could for this cycle!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
During zoom calls I always looked at the names and wondered who was from SDN
I got partnered with an SDNer to do an interview a couple years ago and I was so awkward about it, it was hilarious. I was like "I believe we've corresponded online" and he looked at me funny, and I was like "you go by LetItSnow, do you not?" and he started laughing and I was like "hi, I'm supershorty" 😂

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
I was able to wait so many months for admissions, but these few days have been so rough

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Even though I know it's more likely tomorrow or Friday, every time I get an email my heart does a donut.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
OOS Acceptance! Just got off the phone with the Dean. It came through looking like a spam call (no number showed up) so make sure you answer 😂

• Love
I got a missed call from a +1 (1) # but it didn't leave a VM...

OOS ACCEPTANCE!!!!!!!<3

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
*vibrates* this is horrible. I have to go to the shelter in half an hour 😱

• Care
My last name starts with a V and I think I was one of the first calls, I’m oos, not sure if there is any pattern!

rJPMW693Mw7-uumNvjB5cNjVkdr9RFlaMlasCN4lSSw.png

• Care
I hate this. I wanted them to do it tomorrow after I was done with the shelter.

• Care
I feel physically ill

• Care
Every minute that passes my heart drops

• Care
I got my call pretty late in the day, gang <3. I went to a bookstore to distract myself. Highly suggest finding an activity to do the same!

OOS Acceptance!! 🤩 I’M SO HAPPY!! Good luck to everyone who hasn’t heard back yet! 🤗

• Love
I also got a missed call from a +1 (1) number that showed up as spam without a full phone number, and because my phone took it as spam it didn't save the number to let me call back. Trying to decide if it was them or if it was actually spam...

OOS Acceptance!!! First acceptance and I am physically shaking

• Love
How long after the phone calls do they typically send the emails?