UNTHSC M.S. in Medical Sciences (Texas)-SMP 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can you explain why you chose VCOM?
A couple of reasons, mainly because they have a guaranteed admission to one of their DO school campus upon meeting the benchmarks !

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone has any new information about the online option?

Reactions: 1 users
Hi
Hi guys! New to the thread here. Just got rejected from my last MD school I applied to and was curious about applying here. It looks like theres already been acceptances and most of the class might be filled, but I'm looking to apply to the online program (deadline is June 15th I believe). Anyone have any insight to the online program? I know it's new, but do you think it'll still be of help to apply to future DO/MD schools this cycle?
Hi all, does anyone know when the class ENDS next summer? If I intend to apply for med school in 2021, can I do the online program? I know on the website the online programs has Fall, Spring, and Summer - but when does it end exactly? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
In a zoom meeting today they mentioned for the current cohort (which will be in-person in fall if it is safe), the academic semester will end on April 30th of next year. There is a potential this could be pushed a week though.

Do you know if the program for the Fall 2020 Online program ends than too? Online it says it ends in the summer, but no one can tell me a date.

I am relinquishing my acceptance from the UNTHSC M.S. program tomorrow because I received an acceptance from another M.S. program. Best of luck to everyone in their future endeavors!
Can you PM as well?

Is it significantly harder for OOS people in this program to get into UNT's MD school?

Has anyone’s online option for Fall 2020 application status changed to Review?

Has anyone’s online option for Fall 2020 application status changed to Review?
Mine did not, although they emailed me that my file is complete, it's still showing up as incomplete on my portal

Reactions: 1 user
Do you guys think that those who choose the online option for the fall still have some chance of interviewing at the DO school before next year? Granted we do well in at least the first semester?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email answering couple of my questions.

We are admitting 50 students for the fall online program. We should start seeing decisions roll out late June/ early July.

Reactions: 2 users
Have they been conducting interviews? Still waiting on two of my LOR's to come through.

Some more answers:
Is Fall 2020 session from August 2020-July 2021?

A: August 17, 2020 – August 8, 2021. The summer term typically ends in mid-July though.

Has anyone heard back about the online program?

was wondering if anyone has heard anything yet?

Anybody know easy it is to transfer financial aid. I’m currently accepted to a different masters and they start In about a week. if I get accepted Here I will probably attend UNT but don’t know how transferring my aid would. If anyone has experience doing this lmk!

Looking at possibly applying for the Online option starting Spring 2021. On the website it says the application deadline in 9/1/2020. Does anyone know when the application will be open?

Looking at possibly applying for the Online option starting Spring 2021. On the website it says the application deadline in 9/1/2020. Does anyone know when the application will be open?
Not sure. May be 4-6 weeks before deadline. Keep checking their website or you can also email to ask. They are good about replying.

my app for online is under review now

Can anyone who was accepted to the online program post their stats? I'm a little worried about my GPA (3.4) not being enough without an MCAT score.
I don’t think anyone has heard today.

I just got a notification that I was admitted.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats, please?

I am far from a solid applicant. I don’t know my exact values, but they’re roughly 3.3 cGPA, 3.0 sGPA. No research, but plenty of clinical, community and extracurriculars hours. My LOR were strong as well and I’d like to think my PS was helpful.

I am far from a solid applicant. I don’t know my exact values, but they’re roughly 3.3 cGPA, 3.0 sGPA. No research, but plenty of clinical, community and extracurriculars hours. My LOR were strong as well and I’d like to think my PS was helpful.
Did you not take an MCAT?

+1. Do you know where the link is to accept? I can't find it anywhere on my student portal.
I just saw on my portal that I was accepted. If you click on the blue circle next to the status it states we will receive an email with instructions to accept the offer.

Reactions: 1 users
I just saw on my portal that I was accepted. If you click on the blue circle next to the status it states we will receive an email with instructions to accept the offer.
Did you receive an email first? Or did you just check the portal to see your acceptance?

Did you receive an email first? Or did you just check the portal to see your acceptance?
I got the email already. It says to log into portal and accept or decline, but I cant find that option anywhere.