UTCVM c/o 2024 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know when OOS students receive invites/rejections?
In previous years, sometime in mid to late December

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone else not even received an email saying they are reviewing your information? Every other school I applied to has sent me at least that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my interview invite last year as an OOS on Nov 13, but it can always change. With VMCAS opening in January now instead of May, I know UT is trying to get decisions made for IS students before the new year (Jan 1), so perhaps they are trying to finish IS and then move to their piles of OOS applicants? Unsure. That is all speculation.

OOS second year applicant. I was rejected last year. I'm super nervous, hoping to hear from them soon! Last year I didn't receive a rejection email until february.

anybody heard anything after interviews?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the pre-vet forums :)

There is already an applicants thread for UTK here

I see you started a couple other threads as well - remember to check to make sure a thread doesn't already exist for your topic before starting a new one!

Reactions: 1 users
it looks like none of the other schools have current threads. the existing University of Tennessee Class of 2024 group- was abbreviated as “UTCVM Class of 2024” that’s why i could not find that thread when i searched before creating a new thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m getting so anxious! Last year some OOS applicants didn’t hear anything until a few days prior to interview. I sure hope that isn’t the pattern every year. Anyone have an idea when we might start hearing back?

IS applicants: has anyone called Ms. Shepard to see what date we could possible hear by? I know it should be before January, and not to be worried if we do not hear by Christmas, but aside from that, does anyone know any details?

Reactions: 1 user
I do not know if it is different this year. I went back to previous years' forum and usually everyone (IS-OOS) knows the decision at the same time in end of February-early March.

I do not know if it is different this year. I went back to previous years' forum and usually everyone (IS-OOS) knows the decision at the same time in end of February-early March.

I know that is typical, but this year Mrs. Kirk said that IS should hear by January (even though at that time OOS interviews were scheduled for Feb).

Thanks for looking through though. :)

Applied first time....OOS from NJ but currently a Senior at Florida State University.

Any OOS applicants hear anything yet? The interview is a month away now, I’m getting nervous!

I also haven't. It makes me anxious looking at past threads because they seem to give very short notice compared to the other schools.

I emailed UT admissions earlier With a question (not related to interviews) and when they responded, they happened to say they “hope to be sending out notifications for interviews by December 25th”

so at least we will know by then!

DogtorAl thanks for letting us know! I hope that is the case, fingers crossed and good luck to everyone!

Okay... most recent update! I just asked Ms. Shepard if IS decisions and OOS decisions were coming out the same time this year, and she said no, they should be sent out separately. And realistically, she said we IS applicants probably won't hear back until January. I'm so sorry for those who are anxious about decisions. Just try to enjoy the holidays and spent plenty of time with loved ones. Your worth does NOT constitute getting into vet school or not! <3

Reactions: 2 users
I got an acceptance today.
Congrats! I also received an IS acceptance last night! I really doubt that they're done contacting everyone, so if any IS applicants are still in the dark, I'd just keep eyes on your emails for the next few days/week. Good luck to everyone!

UTCVM is the last school I’m waiting to hear from, the wait is killing me! OOS interviews are only 3 weeks away!

3 weeks really isn’t a whole lot of time to arrange travel, especially if you need to book a flight. Hope they come soon.

Does anybody know if anyone OOS has heard anything yet?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I've heard we should hear by the 25th, but I also thought IS acceptances were coming out later than they did. The wait is intense lol

Just called, Debra said they are trying to send the invites out for OOS before 12/25

By December 25th??? So we would either have a great Christmas or a blue Christmas!!! Still guess that’s better than waiting.

So maybe if we don’t hear by the 23rd then, we will have to wait until after break?

Check your emails! OOS interview invite!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using SDN mobile

Congrats you guys!!! Do you know if they do them in waves? I haven't heard anything yet!

Congrats you guys!!! Do you know if they do them in waves? I haven't heard anything yet!

I looked back at last years thread and it seemed like they extended interview invites up until a couple days before interviews. I haven’t heard anything either, hopefully we’ll hear back soon!

Did they send out OOS rejections too?

That has gotta be some sort of joke. I haven’t heard back anything.