UTCVM c/o 2024 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Has anyone else not even received an email saying they are reviewing your information? Every other school I applied to has sent me at least that.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got my interview invite last year as an OOS on Nov 13, but it can always change. With VMCAS opening in January now instead of May, I know UT is trying to get decisions made for IS students before the new year (Jan 1), so perhaps they are trying to finish IS and then move to their piles of OOS applicants? Unsure. That is all speculation.
 
OOS second year applicant. I was rejected last year. I'm super nervous, hoping to hear from them soon! Last year I didn't receive a rejection email until february.
 
Welcome to the pre-vet forums 🙂

There is already an applicants thread for UTK here

I see you started a couple other threads as well - remember to check to make sure a thread doesn't already exist for your topic before starting a new one!

 
it looks like none of the other schools have current threads. the existing University of Tennessee Class of 2024 group- was abbreviated as “UTCVM Class of 2024” that’s why i could not find that thread when i searched before creating a new thread.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

 
I’m getting so anxious! Last year some OOS applicants didn’t hear anything until a few days prior to interview. I sure hope that isn’t the pattern every year. Anyone have an idea when we might start hearing back?
 
IS applicants: has anyone called Ms. Shepard to see what date we could possible hear by? I know it should be before January, and not to be worried if we do not hear by Christmas, but aside from that, does anyone know any details?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I do not know if it is different this year. I went back to previous years' forum and usually everyone (IS-OOS) knows the decision at the same time in end of February-early March.
 
I do not know if it is different this year. I went back to previous years' forum and usually everyone (IS-OOS) knows the decision at the same time in end of February-early March.

I know that is typical, but this year Mrs. Kirk said that IS should hear by January (even though at that time OOS interviews were scheduled for Feb).

Thanks for looking through though. 🙂
 
I also haven't. It makes me anxious looking at past threads because they seem to give very short notice compared to the other schools.
 
I emailed UT admissions earlier With a question (not related to interviews) and when they responded, they happened to say they “hope to be sending out notifications for interviews by December 25th”

so at least we will know by then!
 
Okay... most recent update! I just asked Ms. Shepard if IS decisions and OOS decisions were coming out the same time this year, and she said no, they should be sent out separately. And realistically, she said we IS applicants probably won't hear back until January. I'm so sorry for those who are anxious about decisions. Just try to enjoy the holidays and spent plenty of time with loved ones. Your worth does NOT constitute getting into vet school or not! <3
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an acceptance today.
Congrats! I also received an IS acceptance last night! I really doubt that they're done contacting everyone, so if any IS applicants are still in the dark, I'd just keep eyes on your emails for the next few days/week. Good luck to everyone!
 
I've heard we should hear by the 25th, but I also thought IS acceptances were coming out later than they did. The wait is intense lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad