UTCVM c/o 2024 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pague: thanks for the info, that is really great news! Accepting 100 or so OOS applicants over 20 something makes me feel better about my odds! I’m just so worried I’m going to blow my interview. Also, if my interview is at 9, will I have enough time to do the 8 session and tour and make it back on time to interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Pague: thanks for the info, that is really great news! Accepting 100 or so OOS applicants over 20 something makes me feel better about my odds! I’m just so worried I’m going to blow my interview. Also, if my interview is at 9, will I have enough time to do the 8 session and tour and make it back on time to interview?
No, you'll have to leave a little early from the info session (they are typically 1 hour) and the tours also last about an hour. No worries though, I know they are conscientious of the 9am interviews during the 8am info session (they wont let you be late).

BigCatFanatic: thanks for info! I will try to attend info session at 8, but do the tour after my interview. 11 days!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how long the interview typically is? Also what is the format?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if UT requires us to send in our fall transcripts now? If not does anyone know when they would be due?

OOS, just got a call this morning about an interview for this weekend! I asked about transcripts while on the phone and she said they do not need them unless you’re accepted

Reactions: 2 users
Good luck to OOS applicants this weekend!! You've got this :)

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you!! I’m excited and nervous at the same time!

Does anyone know how long the information and tour sessions run? I have an interview at 2:00 (but they ask us to be there 30 minutes prior, so 1:30) and was planning on attending the 11:00 session. Will I still be able to be at the interview location by 1:30 if i go to the 11:00?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how long the information and tour sessions run? I have an interview at 2:00 (but they ask us to be there 30 minutes prior, so 1:30) and was planning on attending the 11:00 session. Will I still be able to be at the interview location by 1:30 if i go to the 11:00?
The info session is about an hour and tours are 45 minutes to an hour depending on the tour guide. So you should be good to do both before your interview!

The info session is about an hour and tours are 45 minutes to an hour depending on the tour guide. So you should be good to do both before your interview!
Thanks so much!! Also, once our individual interview is over, are we done or is there anything after? Just trying to gauge what time I'll be done to figure out travel plans!!

• Hmm
Thanks so much!! Also, once our individual interview is over, are we done or is there anything after? Just trying to gauge what time I'll be done to figure out travel plans!!
As long as you've already done an info session and tour, you're done after your interview unless you want to talk to some of the students who will be hanging around :)

Very relaxed interview! It was more so a Q&A than a conversation, but I liked it. They asked me to dance for them lmao.

• Haha
I have to say I really enjoyed it. It was very conversational and the interviewers were great. It wasn’t intimidating at all and I felt everyone was really trying to get to know me as a person and a student. In addition the facility and student ambassadors they had answering questions and showing us around were some of the nicest people I’ve ever met, and the facilities had everything you could ever want as a Veterinary student. I absolutely loved the whole UT vet and Knoxville vibe. I pray that I get an acceptance there!!!

Hi, guys. I'm a little late to the thread, but I interviewed at UTK on Saturday as an OOS. I felt like my interview went really well and I enjoyed the entire process. I loved the fact that they offered informational sessions and of course, the tour was incredible! I was very impressed with the facilities. UT is a fairly big university, but I didn't get that vibe whatsoever, which is a big deal to me because I go to a very small private university for my undergraduate. I am hoping and praying for an acceptance letter! Good luck everyone!

^
That’s how I felt too! Great experience overall. The wait is going to kill me lol I want UTCVM so badly!

^
That’s how I felt too! Great experience overall. The wait is going to kill me lol I want UTCVM so badly!
Did they tell you guys when to expect a response? I wonder if it’ll be after they interview those with a disadvantage statement

Did they tell you guys when to expect a response? I wonder if it’ll be after they interview those with a disadvantage statement

They told us that approximately half of us would receive an acceptance or an alternate letter mid-February. I'm hoping around Feb. 15th!

They told us that approximately half of us would receive an acceptance or an alternate letter mid-February. I'm hoping around Feb. 15th!

It's great to look forward to a certain date, but don't get your heart too set on a specific time-frame! When I interviewed last year they told us to also expect a response around mid-February, but they weren't actually able to send out responses until about the second week of March. I want to tell you this because I remember how much anxiety and stress I built up as the date crept closer and closer and then there were constantly changing rumors about a new date haha. I hope that y'all do get your responses that early, but don't focus too much on it or else you'll drive yourself nuts like I did ;)

Reactions: 4 users
It's great to look forward to a certain date, but don't get your heart too set on a specific time-frame! When I interviewed last year they told us to also expect a response around mid-February, but they weren't actually able to send out responses until about the second week of March. I want to tell you this because I remember how much anxiety and stress I built up as the date crept closer and closer and then there were constantly changing rumors about a new date haha. I hope that y'all do get your responses that early, but don't focus too much on it or else you'll drive yourself nuts like I did ;)

Thank you for letting me know this! I'm already driving myself nuts, haha. Hopefully they come out on time, but if not, now I won't be super worried.

Anyone Waiting for the disadvantage statement heard anything about an interview invite? I know they said around feb 1, but my impatience is getting the better of me..

Anyone Waiting for the disadvantage statement heard anything about an interview invite? I know they said around feb 1, but my impatience is getting the better of me..
Im still waiting as well. Each day I convince my self more and more that I won’t be offered an interview :( I sure hope I get one though. This is my third year applying to UT so I hope they see that I’m committed!

Did anyone send a thank you email after your interview? I’ve heard mixed opinions regarding sending a note, so I’m not sure if it is appropriate or not. Thoughts?

Did anyone send a thank you email after your interview? I’ve heard mixed opinions regarding sending a note, so I’m not sure if it is appropriate or not. Thoughts?
I haven’t heard back from UT (will hopefully hear back soon since I was a student with a disadvantage statement) but I have had other interviews and I did send thank you cards. I think it’s a nice gesture. Once the interview has been finished I don’t think they can go back and change their score.. so it’s not like it’s affect your chance of getting in. But I think it’s nice to thank them for their time.

For students with a disadvantage statement, hoping we hear Back on Monday!

Good luck Mel! I hope we all hear soon! Maybe in 2 weeks?

So do I. Don’t think I can go past February without a decision.

When I asked about decisions I believe I was told around mid-February, so I hope that is still the case!

When I asked about decisions I believe I was told around mid-February, so I hope that is still the case!
That's what they told me, but I heard that the students last year were told the same and didn't hear until March, so I don't want to get too excited.

My friend is still waiting to hear back because she had a disadvantage statement. Any idea when those applicants should hear back?

My friend is still waiting to hear back because she had a disadvantage statement. Any idea when those applicants should hear back?

I think there are still a bunch of us waiting to hear. I’m sure someone will post ad soon as they do hear. It probably couldn’t hurt to email someone and ask!

I think there are still a bunch of us waiting to hear. I’m sure someone will post ad soon as they do hear. It probably couldn’t hurt to email someone and ask!
I called yesterday and talked to dr shepherd. She said interview invites for disadvantage statements will go out by the end of the month and she didn’t have an idea about when the interview date would be yet

I called yesterday and talked to dr shepherd. She said interview invites for disadvantage statements will go out by the end of the month and she didn’t have an idea about when the interview date would be yet

Oh awesome! Thanks for doing that

Does that change the timeline for OOS applicants (like getting a decision)?

This wait is killing me!!!! I wish they would at least email us to tell us this.

Good luck to those with disadvantage statements! Hopefully the rest of us OOS will still hear back by mid February. I’m so nervous!

OOS acceptance by email just a few minutes ago! Definitely did not expect this, and so soon!

Reactions: 3 users
OOS acceptance! I burst into tears!

• Love
Ahh! I'm so excited for you all :)
Those who posted, are you planning on going? If so, I'm excited to meet you all in August! :)

Ahh! I'm so excited for you all :)
Those who posted, are you planning on going? If so, I'm excited to meet you all in August! :)
I still have to interview at Auburn, so I'm up in the air. Auburn has always been drilled into my head (by friends, professors, etc.) as a KY resident, because they offer us in state tuition. But I've slowly realized it isn't the only veterinary school out there and it might not be a match for me, so I am going to visit and see how I like it. Then I'll compare. But for now, I'm strongly considering UT for a multitude of reasons.

Just got the email that I was OOS accepted!!! Beyond ecstatic!!

Reactions: 3 users