-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UTCVM c/o 2024 cycle
Started by hopeful_vet2026
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anyone else not even received an email saying they are reviewing your information? Every other school I applied to has sent me at least that.
I have not received anything.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you an OOS applicant?Has anyone else not even received an email saying they are reviewing your information? Every other school I applied to has sent me at least that.
Yes, I am. I only received an email in July with admissions information when I started applying.Are you an OOS applicant?
I got my interview invite last year as an OOS on Nov 13, but it can always change. With VMCAS opening in January now instead of May, I know UT is trying to get decisions made for IS students before the new year (Jan 1), so perhaps they are trying to finish IS and then move to their piles of OOS applicants? Unsure. That is all speculation.
HopefulVet89
UTCVM c/o 2024
OOS second year applicant. I was rejected last year. I'm super nervous, hoping to hear from them soon! Last year I didn't receive a rejection email until february.
yesAre you an OOS applicant?
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Welcome to the pre-vet forums 🙂
There is already an applicants thread for UTK here
forums.studentdoctor.net
I see you started a couple other threads as well - remember to check to make sure a thread doesn't already exist for your topic before starting a new one!
forums.studentdoctor.net
There is already an applicants thread for UTK here
UTCVM c/o 2024 cycle
Gonna go ahead and start this thread for us in the upcoming cycle for class of 2024! For those of you applying for the first time, ask any and all questions! If you're like me and this isn't your first time around, welcome back! Let's be here to help, support, encourage and even make each other...
I see you started a couple other threads as well - remember to check to make sure a thread doesn't already exist for your topic before starting a new one!
SDN Compendium of All Things Pre-Vet (READ THIS FIRST)
Welcome to the pre-vet forum. Here are a few links to help you out. Please read these before making a new thread. Using the Search Function: How to search for topics BEFORE starting a new thread Veterinary AMA threads: Pre-Veterinary Ask Me Anything (AMA) Threads Do's and Don't's of Applying...
it looks like none of the other schools have current threads. the existing University of Tennessee Class of 2024 group- was abbreviated as “UTCVM Class of 2024” that’s why i could not find that thread when i searched before creating a new thread.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ohio State c/o 2024
Haven't seen a thread for Ohio State yet so I figured I would get it rolling. Who else applied and wants to become a Buckeye?
Mississippi State c/o 2024
Haven't seen a 2024 thread for Mississippi State yet so I wanted to get one started. Seems like they stay quiet from VMCAS deadline until the Friday before Christmas when they start sending out emails for interview invites and rejections. This is my second application cycle but first time...
HopefulVet89
UTCVM c/o 2024
I’m getting so anxious! Last year some OOS applicants didn’t hear anything until a few days prior to interview. I sure hope that isn’t the pattern every year. Anyone have an idea when we might start hearing back?
IS applicants: has anyone called Ms. Shepard to see what date we could possible hear by? I know it should be before January, and not to be worried if we do not hear by Christmas, but aside from that, does anyone know any details?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I do not know if it is different this year. I went back to previous years' forum and usually everyone (IS-OOS) knows the decision at the same time in end of February-early March.
I know that is typical, but this year Mrs. Kirk said that IS should hear by January (even though at that time OOS interviews were scheduled for Feb).
Thanks for looking through though. 🙂
SBS From NJ
Full Member
Applied first time....OOS from NJ but currently a Senior at Florida State University.
HopefulVet89
UTCVM c/o 2024
Any OOS applicants hear anything yet? The interview is a month away now, I’m getting nervous!
SBS From NJ
Full Member
I haven’t yet. It’s either this week or next.
I also haven't. It makes me anxious looking at past threads because they seem to give very short notice compared to the other schools.
That's great
HopefulVet89
UTCVM c/o 2024
DogtorAl thanks for letting us know! I hope that is the case, fingers crossed and good luck to everyone!
Okay... most recent update! I just asked Ms. Shepard if IS decisions and OOS decisions were coming out the same time this year, and she said no, they should be sent out separately. And realistically, she said we IS applicants probably won't hear back until January. I'm so sorry for those who are anxious about decisions. Just try to enjoy the holidays and spent plenty of time with loved ones. Your worth does NOT constitute getting into vet school or not! <3
IS emails are going out!
HopefulVet89
UTCVM c/o 2024
Any news for OOS invitations?
hopefulvet16
New Member
Do we know if all the IS emails came out today? Because I’m an IS applicant and I haven’t received anything yet!IS emails are going out!
I don't think so. I'd expect a lot more online activity from those who heard.Do we know if all the IS emails came out today? Because I’m an IS applicant and I haven’t received anything yet!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! I also received an IS acceptance last night! I really doubt that they're done contacting everyone, so if any IS applicants are still in the dark, I'd just keep eyes on your emails for the next few days/week. Good luck to everyone!I got an acceptance today.
HopefulVet89
UTCVM c/o 2024
UTCVM is the last school I’m waiting to hear from, the wait is killing me! OOS interviews are only 3 weeks away!
SBS From NJ
Full Member
3 weeks really isn’t a whole lot of time to arrange travel, especially if you need to book a flight. Hope they come soon.
Does anybody know if anyone OOS has heard anything yet?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
I've heard we should hear by the 25th, but I also thought IS acceptances were coming out later than they did. The wait is intense lol
Just called, Debra said they are trying to send the invites out for OOS before 12/25
SBS From NJ
Full Member
By December 25th??? So we would either have a great Christmas or a blue Christmas!!! Still guess that’s better than waiting.
HopefulVet89
UTCVM c/o 2024
Are they not closing next week then for the break?
I thought they were. My mom works for UT (in Memphis) and they go on break the 23rd.....Are they not closing next week then for the break?
HopefulVet89
UTCVM c/o 2024
So maybe if we don’t hear by the 23rd then, we will have to wait until after break?
Maybe unless someone had volunteered to work Christmas?So maybe if we don’t hear by the 23rd then, we will have to wait until after break?
SBS From NJ
Full Member
Me too. OOS interview invite.
Congrats you guys!!! Do you know if they do them in waves? I haven't heard anything yet!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats you guys!!! Do you know if they do them in waves? I haven't heard anything yet!
I looked back at last years thread and it seemed like they extended interview invites up until a couple days before interviews. I haven’t heard anything either, hopefully we’ll hear back soon!
That has gotta be some sort of joke. I haven’t heard back anything.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
That has gotta be some sort of joke. I haven’t heard back anything.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Same [emoji854][emoji854][emoji854] dying inside
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Do we know if they tend send rejections around now too?Same [emoji854][emoji854][emoji854] dying inside
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Similar threads
- Replies
- 32
- Views
- 5K