We Can't Tell You Who WWe Are: Animorphs Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To be fair...post number isn't really the problem (I think anyway). That used to be me and I never got lynched for it. It's more the length of the posts/number of words. Makes it difficult for those of us who have to skim.

But I don't think lynching someone because you don't like how they play, rather than because you think they are a wolf, is really in the spirit of the game.

Thank you, information like this is very helpful. Based on prior feedback I have been trying to remember to seperate my wall of texts into smaller paragraphs, going forward I will also now try to work on being more concise with what I post. I like Zensing's style, maximum information, well laid out, easy enough to read if you needed to skim. I shall attempt to follow that example more. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, limited lynch and kill avoidance, I can run from either (not like for the entire game obviously, that would be silly) because of my species. Just to clarify.
Still sticking with my vote for now because I don't have better feels on anyone today. Failing to lynch anyone is bad, but so is lynching a villager who can't defend themselves because we're scrambling near deadline.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh. So an assassin might fail as well. Hm.
And in that case since assassin's normally have limited attempts...probably wouldn't want to use it.

I think it may be worth it to use up her lynch avoidance at this point in case of later conversion?

I'm going to lynch FB because killing and conversion can absolutely happen in the same night if they are scheduled conversions (ie once every X nights)
Ooh, good point. Scheduled conversions would fit with the speculated auto-converts from my info.

unlynch ceke
lynch FB

Deadline approaching tally
RM () -
Jil (1) - PBC
genny (1) - SOV
MJ () -
WZ () -
Ceke (6) - Dy, FFM, MJ, Saki, guis, FB
Dy () -
Guis (2) - genny, Ceke
Saki (2) - Jayna, WZ
Kata (1) - Lupes
FB (3) - WTF, Zen, RM

16/19 accounted for. Deadline 9pm.

20 min remaining

And in that case since assassin's normally have limited attempts...probably wouldn't want to use it.

I think it may be worth it to use up her lynch avoidance at this point in case of later conversion?

I'm happy with that. If I'm converted at a later date, which I seriously doubt I will be, at least not by what the mods stated in the opening post of the game - (paraphrased) Unless your PM title or role description says otherwise, you are a villager, then I will out myself and try to take at least one other convert down with me if I can.

I've said before I am a villager. I don't care what happens in-between, I will finish the game as a villager, and if that's not possible then at the very least with no harm done to the village.

I'm not following

If we are dealing with auto-conversion, then the block might very well have stopped the kill.

The other possibility from reading the wiki is the Yeerk have to leave the host to refresh themselves at a Yeerk pool. Perhaps there wasn't a kill because of that.

An even worse possibility would be the mods are completely evil and having a travelling conversion mechanic.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not following
If we can't find out Ceke's affiliation by lynch or by assassin, might as well let her live tonight. She can still be investigated, right?

FB moves up as next-most-sketchy person since she was blocked when there was no kill and (apparently) no attacks. Yes, no kill might be because of conversion. On the other hand, said conversion in the write-up could have been a mod-scheduled conversion (auto-convert, like T'ron), in which case no kill is likely because killer was blocked. Auto-converts seem likely this game given they were used in Trilt's Pern game and per my info from Call to the gods that the game started with no wolves.

@Filly Bay, you need a defense fast.

I'm happy with that. If I'm converted at a later date, which I seriously doubt I will be, at least not by what the mods stated in the opening post of the game - (paraphrased) Unless your PM title or role description says otherwise, you are a villager, then I will out myself and try to take at least one other convert down with me if I can.

I've said before I am a villager. I don't care what happens in-between, I will finish the game as a villager, and if that's not possible then at the very least with no harm done to the village.
As a convert, you change your loyalties. It is part of the game. Period. You will not be looked upon favorably if you perform as you propose.

Reactions: 6 users
Thank you, information like this is very helpful. Based on prior feedback I have been trying to remember to seperate my wall of texts into smaller paragraphs, going forward I will also now try to work on being more concise with what I post. I like Zensing's style, maximum information, well laid out, easy enough to read if you needed to skim. I shall attempt to follow that example more. :)
I used to get lynch votes all the time for my post count- it was joked that without myself and WZ, games would be thirty pages shorter. There's much to be said in WW for watching and waiting, catching little mistakes in a post here and there. When a large number of posts goes through, it increases the noise so much it's hard to find a signal.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm sure a Seer or item holder could check me out during the night cycle as well and find a way to indicate my affiliation as a villager without outing themselves.

As a convert, you change your loyalties. It is part of the game. Period. You will not be looked upon favorably if you perform as you propose.

I'm prepared to take that risk for the sake of the village. If it's something that isn't allowed then at that point I shall excuse myself from the game. That is how I have decided I prefer to play - if I am a villager I play as a villager to the bitter end, if at any point in a future game I am designated as a wolf then I will play that role to the best of my ability as well (although I have a sneaking suspicion my own pack might just lynch me on day 1 for self preservation) - I don't do in-betweens.

Unlynch saki lynch FB
With hopes that ceke will be investigated

I used to get lynch votes all the time for my post count- it was joked that without myself and WZ, games would be thirty pages shorter. There's much to be said in WW for watching and waiting, catching little mistakes in a post here and there. When a large number of posts goes through, it increases the noise so much it's hard to find a signal.
Not even a joke though :laugh:

No. That's called intentionally breaking the game.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm sure a Seer or item holder could check me out during the night cycle as well and find a way to indicate my affiliation as a villager without outing themselves.
Seer probably couldn't. Item-holder probably could. Thought item (Drakon beam) revealed role name and not affiliation, though.

Thank you, I'm beginning to see that now. This is all very helpful for any future game play - find a balance, watch and wait, be more concise. Gotcha :D

Those are big claims for someone who is a wolf. Makes me think that you are in fact villager. But I do agree with Lupin that if you get converted to a wolf, you should play as a wolf to the bitter end.

Unlynch Ceke
Lynch FB

I'm prepared to take that risk for the sake of the village. If it's something that isn't allowed then at that point I shall excuse myself from the game. That is how I have decided I prefer to play - if I am a villager I play as a villager to the bitter end, if at any point in a future game I am designated as a wolf then I will play that role to the best of my ability as well (although I have a sneaking suspicion my own pack might just lynch me on day 1 for self preservation) - I don't do in-betweens.
I think you missed my point. You do that and you will not be invited back to play. Part of WW is that sometimes you are converted. At that point, your loyalties have to change. If you can't abide by that, I do recommend you don't play. Remember, there are lots of games. It isn't taken to heart if you suddenly have to back stab. Take it from someone who has to sigh and do it plenty. :)

Reactions: 2 users
No. That's called intentionally breaking the game.

So it's absolutely not allowed and is against the rules then? Well lets hope I don't get converted then (villager numbers count, right, either way a conversion will put me out of the game I guarantee that much).

Wait, who claimed to be a Seer?

So it's absolutely not allowed and is against the rules then? Well lets hope I don't get converted then (villager numbers count, right, either way a conversion will put me out of the game I guarantee that much).

It's like purposely getting yourself tagged out in a game of Dodgeball or Capture the Flag in order to help the other team win. Like seriously? You hate your team that much to wish the other team to win?

Deadline approaching tally
RM () -
Jil (1) - PBC
genny (1) - SOV
MJ () -
WZ () -
Ceke (6) - Dy, FFM, MJ, guis, FB, Zen
Dy () -
Guis (2) - genny, Ceke
Saki (1) - Jayna
Kata (1) - Lupes
FB (4) - WTF, RM, WZ, Saki

16/19 accounted for. Deadline 9pm.

5 min remaining

I think you missed my point. You do that and you will not be invited back to play. Part of WW is that sometimes you are converted. At that point, your loyalties have to change. If you can't abide by that, I do recommend you don't play. Remember, there are lots of games. It isn't taken to heart if you suddenly have to back stab. Take it from someone who has to sigh and do it plenty. :)

Hmm, I was unaware this was a game bannable offence. My understanding was as a villager you're focus was on the village, and the village winning at all costs (even if that meant sacrificing yourself for the greater good).

Seriously though, there is no indication in anything the mods sent to be regarding my role being a potential convert or chaos role. So I seriously, seriously doubt a conversion is going to happen. But I will keep this in mind for future games.

Thank you. :)

you shouldn't do it because the mods have likely put a lot of effort into this game and you being disappointed at being converted is not a reason to ruin it

It's like purposely getting yourself tagged out in a game of Dodgeball or Capture the Flag in order to help the other team win. Like seriously? You hate your team that much to wish the other team to win?

Well I'd be doing it more out of love for my original team.

Hmm, I was unaware this was a game bannable offence. My understanding was as a villager you're focus was on the village, and the village winning at all costs (even if that meant sacrificing yourself for the greater good).

Seriously though, there is no indication in anything the mods sent to be regarding my role being a potential convert or chaos role. So I seriously, seriously doubt a conversion is going to happen. But I will keep this in mind for future games.

Thank you. :)
Yes, as a villager, you try to have the village win at all costs. Point is, if you are converted, you are no longer a villager. You are now on the wolf team, and should do everything possible to help the wolves win.

Just because you start the game with one goal does not mean you end the game with that goal. Outing yourself and other wolves as a convert is not sacrificing yourself, it's betraying your team. That's what's frowned upon.

Reactions: 3 users
It's taken me too long to catch up and I only skimmed this last page...would've liked to have put more thought into this.

lynch saki not because of her in particular, just picking from all those who seemed to quickly hopped on to ceke...the really fast-forming trains just seem so easy for a wolf to coast along and join.

you shouldn't do it because the mods have likely put a lot of effort into this game and you being disappointed at being converted is not a reason to ruin it

Yes, I can see the effort they've put in, it's fantastic. Not necessarily a disappointment with conversion if it happens in future games, it was just a game style choice I had made whilst playing as a villager in other games (villager to the end come hell or high water). I wasn't aware of how just how taboo my approach was, or that it was a potential ban from games affair.

It's taken me too long to catch up and I only skimmed this last page...would've liked to have put more thought into this.

lynch saki not because of her in particular, just picking from all those who seemed to quickly hopped on to ceke...the really fast-forming trains just seem so easy for a wolf to coast along and join.

But I unlynched ceke . . . so I don't follow

Edit: sorry I didn't see that you said not me in particular . . . makes a little more sense

Yes, as a villager, you try to have the village win at all costs. Point is, if you are converted, you are no longer a villager. You are now on the wolf team, and should do everything possible to help the wolves win.

Just because you start the game with one goal does not mean you end the game with that goal. Outing yourself and other wolves as a convert is not sacrificing yourself, it's betraying your team. That's what's frowned upon.

Yes, that does make sense. Still a learning curve for me, obviously. :)

Well I'd be doing it more out of love for my original team.

I've played some dodgeball games in which if you get hit, you join the other team. My point still stands.

Edit: But I guess you get the point now so :)

Seeing as it is absolutely forbidden on pain of banishment from WW games, I withdraw what I said previously about actions I would take if converted in any future games. Although I would hope my willingness to take such actions would count for something in terms of village loyalty. :)

8iXnrRm.png

The group gathered around one of their members, intent on punishment. The creature was mostly bemused. He laughingly danced away from the first of them, always a second ahead. Then another and another fell behind as he gathered speed and agilely dodged from outstretched arms and other appendages.

He seemed to eventually bore of this, and suddenly disappeared in a flash, the wind from his departure making those nearby take a shocked step backwards.

Nobody has died.

It is now Night 3. Night will close at 5AM EST.

jXb1PNE.png

ROSTER:
The Gardens

1. @Jilary
3. @StartingoverVet
4. @WhtsThFrequency

Abandoned Construction Site
5. @PrincessButterCup
6. @guisantes
7. @Filly Bay
8. @katashark

The Yeerk Pool
9. @kcoughli
10. @dyachei
11. @Flim Flam Man

Dome Ship
13. @Zensing
14. @Lupin21
15. @SummerTheLynx
16. @WildZoo

The Sharing Meeting
17. @ResoluteMike
18. @JaynaAli
19. @Devastating
20. @genny

Hork-Bajir Valley
21. @Ceke2002
22. @Mad Jack
24. @Saki Nishibi

DEAD

23. @Animal Midwife - Taxxon
12. @Gwenevre - Orff
2. @hazelmoo - Helmacron

Last edited:
This will be updated when I'm not still at dinner...

A flash of colour, a quick gust of wind as something rushed by, and @Ceke2002 was nowhere to be found.

Nobody has died. Deadline 5am.

Told ya, villager Garatron moving at the speed of light here. :D

But I unlynched ceke . . . so I don't follow

Edit: sorry I didn't see that you said not me in particular . . . makes a little more sense
Yeah, I didn't see that post until re-reading everything just now. Sorry bout that :p I had a lot of pages to catch up on and the deadline was coming up fast as I reached this page!

OH I forgot.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRILT!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

I've nearly thrown my computer out a window on multiple occasions care of conversions. There was a stretch of games where I was a wolf for like six games running because of that lol

And with all the spam, I completely missed FBs defense. Lovely.

Now that's a little unfair. I've already indicated a willingness to adjust my posting style based on feedback from other players, and I find it hard to believe if you were looking for FB's defense that you couldn't have just scanned the page by username/avatar and honed in on their posts only.

But for future reference I am a very fast reader, and if there's information you need that you don't have time to look for, or that may require you to skim and miss certain points, then let me know and I will find the information and post it for you to save time. That's a genuine offer by the way.

~~~~~~
Oh yeah, happy b-day @Trilt ! :hardy:
My internship is just ending after this weekend, I don't think I've ever said anything about our 2-toed sloth. Her name is Xena. She is soooo cute. A few weeks ago Xena was out and about climbing in her enclosure, and as I was doing something in one of the birds' cages nearby, suddenly she started acting "angry" and swiped at her dolphin plush multiple times until it fell down to the floor, then she promptly calmed down and went back to her business. idk but it was hilarious.
~~~~~~

Reactions: 4 users