We Can't Tell You Who WWe Are: Animorphs Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
~~~~~~
Oh yeah, happy b-day @Trilt ! :hardy:
My internship is just ending after this weekend, I don't think I've ever said anything about our 2-toed sloth. Her name is Xena. She is soooo cute. A few weeks ago Xena was out and about climbing in her enclosure, and as I was doing something in one of the birds' cages nearby, suddenly she started acting "angry" and swiped at her dolphin plush multiple times until it fell down to the floor, then she promptly calmed down and went back to her business. idk but it was hilarious.
~~~~~~

Aww, Xena sounds adorable, what a lovely story to share for Trilt's birthday. Your internship sounds great as well. :)

By the way, I trust game you is feeling better now ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Happy birthday, Trilt!
enhanced-buzz-21216-1334852435-2.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Ceke - one thing I've seen you mention a few times is that you don't believe you are convertible because that wasn't mentioned to your in your role pm. That isn't the right way of thinking though. Assume you ARE convertible unless specifically told you cannot be converted, which is usually pretty rare. And as others have said, if you are ever converted, your loyalty must change too. That isn't saying you can't throw another wolf under the bus for cred, but that is a calculated risk that must be carefully considered.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If we are dealing with auto-conversion, then the block might very well have stopped the kill.

The other possibility from reading the wiki is the Yeerk have to leave the host to refresh themselves at a Yeerk pool. Perhaps there wasn't a kill because of that.

An even worse possibility would be the mods are completely evil and having a travelling conversion mechanic.

Not just auto conversion of a specific character. Many times I have played, conversions are allowed every X night (every four, five, whatever) in addition to a kill.

Edited to add. Doh. Pretty much just repeated myself. Am tired.

I'm prepared to take that risk for the sake of the village. If it's something that isn't allowed then at that point I shall excuse myself from the game. That is how I have decided I prefer to play - if I am a villager I play as a villager to the bitter end, if at any point in a future game I am designated as a wolf then I will play that role to the best of my ability as well (although I have a sneaking suspicion my own pack might just lynch me on day 1 for self preservation) - I don't do in-betweens.

I'm not saying this to be rude at all, but like they said, it's part of the game. As in, it is important enough that if you throw the wolf team under the bus or just leave if you're converted, people won't likely want to play with you again. I get the zeal, I do, but you have to be able to pivot.

But that pile on was really unexpected.....

You mean the pile on me? Not so unexpected really, not when you consider the feedback regarding my posting style (and the rather large adjustments that need to be made to it pronto). :)

And honestly, being converted and ****ing with people is fun as hell. :nod::laugh:
I always have that initial "Arg why!" especially if I am super invested in the game. But then I get over it and I get all excited about lying to everyone who trusted me!

Reactions: 3 users
Happy Birthday Trilt :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Happy Birthday Trilt :)

My youngest said those sloths were speaking her language and tried to talk back.
By the way, she's having hominy for late dinner.;)

Reactions: 2 users
I always have that initial "Arg why!" especially if I am super invested in the game. But then I get over it and I get all excited about lying to everyone who trusted me!

Still definitely continuing to love playing these games, and obviously learning with each one - I suppose not having played as a wolf yet I don't really know what it's like, or how my game approach/style might change because of that, but I must admit even though I know its part of the game, the fact that I'm not strictly role playing as an entirely separate character to myself does make me feel a little icky about having to be dishonest and break people's trust. That's a quirk of mine though obviously, and one I will have to leave at the game door if I'm going to continue to play. :)

Seriously though, set me up with a char sheet and let me completely inhabit that characters role and I will be as cunning, and devious, and back stabby as the storyline/character requires me to be.

Still definitely continuing to love playing these games, and obviously learning with each one - I suppose not having played as a wolf yet I don't really know what it's like, or how my game approach/style might change because of that, but I must admit even though I know its part of the game, the fact that I'm not strictly role playing as an entirely separate character to myself does make me feel a little icky about having to be dishonest and break people's trust. That's a quirk of mine though obviously, and one I will have to leave at the game door if I'm going to continue to play. :)

Seriously though, set me up with a char sheet and let me completely inhabit that characters role and I will be as cunning, and devious, and back stabby as the storyline/character requires me to be.

But it's so much Fffuuuunnnn. I honestly get excited when converted lol.

But that pile on was really unexpected.....
Fast pile-ons always give me pause...I know when I wolfed in the Minecraft game I definitely took advantage of easy targets like that, saves you the trouble of trying to look like you're gamesolving. I still think it may be worth looking into those on Ceke (not the original people to vote for her earlier in the cycle, but the later fast pile on that occurred despite--or because of??--Ceke's lynch avoidance comment). FB's later voters too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I suppose not having played as a wolf yet I don't really know what it's like, or how my game approach/style might change because of that, but I must admit even though I know its part of the game, the fact that I'm not strictly role playing as an entirely separate character to myself does make me feel a little icky about having to be dishonest and break people's trust.
It's a totally different way of playing, for sure. Being in the "informed minority" vs. "uninformed majority". You must try your best to act like your typical helpful villager self while simultaneously having to lie through your teeth, blatantly pretend to be ignorant of who is what affiliation, try to gain villager trust and ferret out roles, etc. Definitely super fun, though!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But I'll have to be mean to people. I'm not mean. :sorry:
That has been a sticking point for a couple people. It is a game. It is all about manipulation. Everything you say should have a purpose one way or another honestly whether you are a villager or wolf. To cover your tracks as a useful villager, as a test to see how another player responds, to see if you can get any sort of info that leads to killing the valuable villagers, etc. You aren't being mean. You are attempting to win a competition and hopefully have a good time with cool people. But in the end, the chess game is on and strategy is full swing.

That has been a sticking point for a couple people. It is a game. It is all about manipulation. Everything you say should have a purpose one way or another honestly whether you are a villager or wolf. To cover your tracks as a useful villager, as a test to see how another player responds, to see if you can get any sort of info that leads to killing the valuable villagers, etc. You aren't being mean. You are attempting to win a competition and hopefully have a good time with cool people. But in the end, the chess game is on and strategy is full swing.

Yeah, I do get that. Maybe it is a hold over quirk from my table top gaming days (and besides that, seriously, I am the type of game player who just gives players money in monopoly if I feel they have a genuine need for it).

If I ever play as a wolf I'll either be fiercely loyal to the pack and do my darndest to play the role right - or it'll be a complete disaster where I'll give myself away by apologising to people every 5 seconds. :laugh:

IXnmlqh.png

The dark night was again full of slurping and crunching noises, and so many were holed up in their homes tonight, useless. When dawn broke in a gloomy grey fog, they found some sprays of blood and long, perfectly blonde hair caught in a nearby bush. Seems like the victim last night wouldn't go out without at least a little bit of a struggle.

She hadn't even been truly meant to be an Animorph, but it had been almost terrifying how easily her ruthless intelligence and temper turned from shoes to killing...

Dead is @ResoluteMike, Rachel - a villager who could violently affiliation seer in her grizzly morph.

It is now Day 4. Lynch close will be at 9PM EST.

jXb1PNE.png

ROSTER:
The Gardens

1. @Jilary
3. @StartingoverVet
4. @WhtsThFrequency

Abandoned Construction Site
5. @PrincessButterCup
6. @guisantes
7. @Filly Bay
8. @katashark

The Yeerk Pool
9. @kcoughli
10. @dyachei
11. @Flim Flam Man

Dome Ship
13. @Zensing
14. @Lupin21
15. @SummerTheLynx
16. @WildZoo

The Sharing Meeting
18. @JaynaAli
19. @Devastating
20. @genny

Hork-Bajir Valley
21. @Ceke2002
22. @Mad Jack
24. @Saki Nishibi

DEAD

23. @Animal Midwife - Taxxon
12. @Gwenevre - Orff
2. @hazelmoo - Helmacron
17. @ResoluteMike - Rachel

Last edited:
Well that sucks *hmmph* Did someone get lucky or was RM outed?

I was attacked and forced to reveal my role name last night as well. I wasn't injured seeing as I was able to move away from the bullets due to advanced speed. So whoever had that item last night can at least confirm my role name as 'Garatron'.

I'm not sure how much I'm going to be able to be around this lynch cycle as well. Apologies, but hubby and I have plans for tomorrow, which means me trying to get a decent nights sleep and then I'll be out tomorrow for probably most of the remainder of the day lynch cycle.

Does anyone know who forced RM to give up his role name with that item?

That was me. It wasn't an item, it was my ability. Seered him as Rachel but had no idea he was the affiliation seer. Also didn't know until after he posted that my seering could injure but it sounds like a consequence of several villager roles in this game. I didn't seer Ceke last night so that must have been the item.

And I can't find who asked yesterday but the blocking did prevent me from seering N2. I also found out it was protective so it's possible I was attacked but mods didn't mention it.

That was me. It wasn't an item, it was my ability. Seered him as Rachel but had no idea he was the affiliation seer. Also didn't know until after he posted that my seering could injure but it sounds like a consequence of several villager roles in this game. I didn't seer Ceke last night so that must have been the item.

And I can't find who asked yesterday but the blocking did prevent me from seering N2. I also found out it was protective so it's possible I was attacked but mods didn't mention it.

Yes, just confirming mine was an item related Seer.

I think the item was used on me last night. A gun was mentioned. The power was set on low but I'm still injured.

I think this confirms the gun does have different settings and that a lower setting may be associated with a less accurate/sure result. If the power set on low still caused injury; however, then I would posit that a higher setting, whilst yielding potentiallly more accurate results also places the person being item Seered at greater risk.

To further clarify: The gun was used on me last night. I was told (paraphrased) that someone basically pointed a nightmarish looking gun at me, and demanded my role name. I gave up my role name, and managed to not get hit by any wayward shots (indicating the weapon was probably also fired at me). I am not injured.

I think this confirms the gun does have different settings and that a lower setting may be associated with a less accurate/sure result. If the power set on low still caused injury; however, then I would posit that a higher setting, whilst yielding potentiallly more accurate results also places the person being item Seered at greater risk.

To further clarify: The gun was used on me last night. I was told (paraphrased) that someone basically pointed a nightmarish looking gun at me, and demanded my role name. I gave up my role name, and managed to not get hit by any wayward shots (indicating the weapon was probably also fired at me). I am not injured.
Wait so this past night it was used on you too?
More than one gun or a role that mimics the item? :thinking:

There are two people claiming to be seered by the same item? Yeah, that's not sketchy at all.

Wait so this past night it was used on you too?
More than one gun or a role that mimics the item? :thinking:

Not sure (edited to clarify not sure regarding more than one item or role mimic).

I was specifically told it was a gun that was used on me. After the previous day lynch cycle it was not unexpected.

There are two people claiming to be seered by the same item? Yeah, that's not sketchy at all.

There was reason for the item to be used on me. Unsure about the reason for WZ being seered.

*****lynch ffm*****

It's mainly an effort to try and get things rolling before 8:30 pm. He hasn't contributed much of substance so far. I'm not sold on this vote and will probably waffle, but we are making it way too easy for the wolves with the last minute scramble every night.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

This is what i got: "Somebody brandished a terrifying looking gun at you, demanding your role name. Though the weapon was obviously set on low, they managed to injure you."

There was reason for the item to be used on me. Unsure about the reason for WZ being seered.
Well, a villager might want to know who I am to see if it's a good idea to trust what I've said about other players. A wolf might want to do so to see if I'm a good kill target.

Has there ever been a game with two copies of the same item? I can't remember seeing that before. I guess more likely it's one item and the seer role like WZ mentioned.

FB does your role involve a gun? Because if not, that may be evidence the wolves have a seer too.

This is what i got: "Somebody brandished a terrifying looking gun at you, demanding your role name. Though the weapon was obviously set on low, they managed to injure you."

I was unsure about quoting the exact content of mod pm's, but seeing as you have done so...

This is what I got: "Somebody brandished a terrifying looking gun at you, demanding your role name. You obliged, and managed to dodge any wayward shots."

Again I am assuming my speed as a Garatron allowed me to avoid injury.

*****lynch ffm*****

It's mainly an effort to try and get things rolling before 8:30 pm. He hasn't contributed much of substance so far. I'm not sold on this vote and will probably waffle, but we are making it way too easy for the wolves with the last minute scramble every night.

Thank you, I agree with your assessment regarding making it way too easy for the wolves. As villagers we should be more invested in trying to ensure a village win.