WWater Water Everywhere/Under The Sea Game Thread (+ Signups)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I feel like I also forgot a ton of people were playing (Rogart, BBC, Finn, FB, Ny ??) were playing now that I'm looking at the list... I guess a lot of people have been busy, myself included, so it's not much to go on

Members don't see this ad.

I feel like I also forgot a ton of people were playing (Rogart, BBC, Finn, FB, Ny ??) were playing now that I'm looking at the list... I guess a lot of people have been busy, myself included, so it's not much to go on
Agreed. Worried that there will be carnage if more people do not get back on. Will look for who I want to lynch once out of class (still well before deadline)

Is there a specific reason we're voting for SOV? I remember yesterday or so when he posted being like wait I didn't even realize he was playing, which I feel like is very not typical for him. I don't think it's necessarily wolfy, but it did catch my eye.

No real reason here, just still learning the ropes so I'm trying a different approach to lynching - watch what others do, look for potential bandwagons/subtle pushes to lynch (try to avoid those because they may be wolfy), vote in line with players more experienced than me who may be picking up on things I'm not seeing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a reason, other than my quietness, why I'm being lynched?

could go for this, too.

I'm voting SOV because he doesn't feel like his usual SOV-ness

What did you make of his earlier comment, before Hmoo was killed and then revealed as the seer, something about 'wait for our seer' to check somebody out. I'm working under the assumption that Hmoo only revealed to DVMD (he received a PM from her, it's what changed the lynch away from her at the time, I think she was killed that night cycle or something - hey, it's nearly 2 am, I'm doped up on Morphine, work with me here, I'm rambling I know). Just seems a little odd to me, now that I attempt some semblance of thinking, that SOV mentions a seer before a seer has even been revealed to be in the game. Possible wolf powers/feels/whatever else wolves do when they're being all wolfy - could that subtle 'seer drop' be a way of trying to out the seer for wolfy purposes? Is this the sort of wolfy townie stuff that helps villagers win games, or am I just stoned right now?

What did you make of his earlier comment, before Hmoo was killed and then revealed as the seer, something about 'wait for our seer' to check somebody out. I'm working under the assumption that Hmoo only revealed to DVMD (he received a PM from her, it's what changed the lynch away from her at the time, I think she was killed that night cycle or something - hey, it's nearly 2 am, I'm doped up on Morphine, work with me here, I'm rambling I know). Just seems a little odd to me, now that I attempt some semblance of thinking, that SOV mentions a seer before a seer has even been revealed to be in the game. Possible wolf powers/feels/whatever else wolves do when they're being all wolfy - could that subtle 'seer drop' be a way of trying to out the seer for wolfy purposes? Is this the sort of wolfy townie stuff that helps villagers win games, or am I just stoned right now?
that's not an uncommon statement to make.

Reactions: 1 users
Every game I have ever played has a seer. There are going to be certain assumptions made by anyone who has played the game a while. Nothing there.

Reactions: 1 user
could go for this, too.

I'm voting SOV because he doesn't feel like his usual SOV-ness
SOV is only usual SOVness when he has time to participate. I think I have made it pretty clear that I was going to be busy at the start.

Fridays are my day off so you can get a "taste" today, but I have to catch up a bit, as I spent the morning with the FAA getting my instructor certificate re-upped for another 2 years. :cool:

(edit: and I have to go to the dentist this afternoon... have horrible pain in my jaw - i think my jaw rotted away from all the lying in past WW games. :eek:)

Reactions: 3 users
When there's long cycles people tend to be less active on a day to day basis. The one game that I modded was definitely not very active and it's probably attributed to the fact that sometimes each cycle (day/night) was a day itself.

SOV is only usual SOVness when he has time to participate. I think I have made it pretty clear that I was going to be busy at the start.

Fridays are my day off so you can get a "taste" today, but I have to catch up a bit, as I spent the morning with the FAA getting my instructor certificate re-upped for another 2 years. :cool:
hey, I'm willing to change my vote as needed. I just have concerns right now

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm working under the assumption that Hmoo only revealed to DVMD
Why would she reveal before investigating? I assumed she got killed because the wolves guessed that it was actually her and not an anonymous source, not that she had told them.

Why would she reveal before investigating? I assumed she got killed because the wolves guessed that it was actually her and not an anonymous source, not that she had told them.
note to future less experienced players who are seers: generally a good idea to investigate someone so you can trust them, then they can leak out information about your seering if you can PM with them. This delays you getting targeted right away.

I have to give wolves credit for guessing the anonymous thing was a bad lie, I would have started killing her PM partners first personally.

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you for input, helpful responses are helpful, not getting feels on SOV so much after that, apart from whatever others are picking up on. AM lynch feels like a bandwagon at the moment, not sure why, hmm...:thinking:

Unlynch sov for now

Someone was asking about MJ? I pm'd with him last night (this day cycle) he's not silenced just didn't have anything to say. I should have more free time this afternoon to catch up unless there are emergencies

So how long have we got to go before I say eff it and just start dice rolling another lynch?

note to future less experienced players who are seers: generally a good idea to investigate someone so you can trust them, then they can leak out information about your seering if you can PM with them. This delays you getting targeted right away.

I have to give wolves credit for guessing the anonymous thing was a bad lie, I would have started killing her PM partners first personally.

And seer the mayor. Fo reals.

lynch AM for now

may change after i get back from something

For someone who hasn't been anything but village, I sure get a lot of bandwagons...

For someone who hasn't been anything but village, I sure get a lot of bandwagons...

SORRY going somewhere atm I just don't want to get mod killed (I'm in car right now and my mom hates when I use my phone in the car). I'm probably gonna come back, analyze posts, and lynch someone from there.

I would have started killing her PM partners first personally.

There was no PMing until D3, and no prior indication that PMing would be allowed in groups, so hmoo would have had no ability prior to N4 to identify and clear anyone she could PM with.

DVMD was seered N4. DVMD would have known she'd been peeked, and would have known that none of the other peeked people were in hmoo's group.

So I think it wasn't a particularly lucky guess.

Hmoo revealed to DVMD, at least that is what I understood from DVMD's defense of hmoo while she was being lynched and the next day when hmoo said she was sad because she had trusted DVMD. This is why when I'm a seer I usually seer someone in my group first, even if pming isn't allowed.

Lynch saki

I just feel like a noobie noob would be asking more questions, so I thought maybe she was getting her questions answered privately in the wolf thread.
i was just feeling something similar.

lynch saki

and now i understand the hmoo thing better. That was an unfortunate choice.

Lynch saki

I just feel like a noobie noob would be asking more questions, so I thought maybe she was getting her questions answered privately in the wolf thread.

Or there's another noob in the game who's asking enough questions for ten noobs. :shrug:

lynch saki

I'm mostly following along, despite not contributing much to the conversation at the moment. I think this is what I feel most comfortable (or least uncomfortable?) with right now. I'm not entirely sold on it either but I think it's time I put a vote in somewhere just to be safe.

Upon reading AM's posts, I am much more comfortable placing my lynch vote there today. She hasn't contributed any major strategy to the thread, and although she is usually quiet this is a lot more than usual. I recall at least a bit of strategy talk in all the other games I've played with her. Her actions consisted of jumping on Zen for mayor (I did the exact same thing so won't hold much weight to that haha) to jumping on other lynch bandwagons with minimal (if any) reasoning for why. When people started to mention suspicions she didn't respond, and even now when up for lynch hasn't put in a real effort at a defense.
Lynch AM

No to go reread all the posts of the other people I promised to look into yesterday.

Lynch saki

Wellll I mean I've played this irl before so I kinda knew what was going on and used my deduction skills (as well as google) to piece other things together.

Also I had some other questions answered in the pm with the mods that told me what my role was so the wolf thread is not the only option if I were to get questions answered via pm.

Wellll I mean I've played this irl before so I kinda knew what was going on and used my deduction skills (as well as google) to piece other things together.

Also I had some other questions answered in the pm with the mods that told me what my role was so the wolf thread is not the only option if I were to get questions answered via pm.
this sounds weird. Like you aren't denying you are on a wolf thread, but pointing out you could also use the mods.

That is typical inexperienced liars.... afraid to just outright lie.

Sticking with my lynch vote.

this sounds weird. Like you aren't denying you are on a wolf thread, but pointing out you could also use the mods.

That is typical inexperienced liars.... afraid to just outright lie.

Sticking with my lynch vote.

So you want me to deny? Ok, I'll say it--I'm not on the wolf thread. I'm not a wolf. I'm a vanillager. I just noticed that some players weren't really confirming or denying suspicions so I decided to do the same.

Also, I'm not trying to lie. I've never lied once in this thread. So maybe I'm inexperienced at telling the truth? That could be a possibility.

Edit- Yea I think it's that I'm inexperienced at telling the truth. I'm confirming that statement.

Edit 2- I forgot to say that yes, I'm using mod pm as a source of info

Last edited:
I think it's that I'm inexperienced at telling the truth. I'm confirming that statement.
This kinda irks me a bit. I really hope you are kidding, because currently you are posting in a pre-professional forum where you have stated your intentions to become a veterinarian.

I any case, I would suggest being careful about what you post - it is fairly commonly mentioned that a lot of vet schools do keep an eye on the forums here. If I couldn't tell you were kidding, there is no way to guarantee that they could either :shrug:

This kinda irks me a bit. I really hope you are kidding, because currently you are posting in a pre-professional forum where you have stated your intentions to become a veterinarian.

I any case, I would suggest being careful about what you post - it is fairly commonly mentioned that a lot of vet schools do keep an eye on the forums here. If I couldn't tell you were kidding, there is no way to guarantee that they could either :shrug:

That's a bit much. Pretty sure she was talking in the context of the game where you actually DO have to be careful about how you transmit the truth.

Reactions: 5 users

seriously we're going to SDN police like that in a WW thread lol

Saki made the count against LOTF to go from 3 (BB) vs 4 (LOTF) to 3 vs 5.

I doubt a wolf would have jumped on another wolf THAT early. If there were a few more, maybe, but when they are only leading by one?

Um, last game I played, that Kaydubs was one of the mods for, despite being a total first game noob I wasn't really given any sort of 'help the noob out' kinda info until after I was dead, and even then it still wasn't info that could have affected game play that was taking place (more me explaining my noob strategy, talking about mythology related characters in the game, having it confirmed that I was a wolf kill with zero added details given because game still in play at the time, etc etc).

So if you're saying the mods have been answering questions for you in a pm, I'd say that's a lie.

Lynch Saki

(Helping out the mods with a lynch tally, 'cause I'm nice that way
19o07c.jpg
look I even found a punny meme :happy:)

1zdaf4n.jpg
Lynch

WTF (0) –

SOV (2) - dyachei, FFM

AM (5) – FS, WTF, LIS, Saki, BBC

Jilary (0) -

Saki (5) - Rogert, Jil, SOV, Fin, Ceke

WZ - (1) Nyanko

13/26 Votes Cast

Um, last game I played, that Kaydubs was one of the mods for, despite being a total first game noob I wasn't really given any sort of 'help the noob out' kinda info until after I was dead, and even then it still wasn't info that could have affected game play that was taking place (more me explaining my noob strategy, talking about mythology related characters in the game, having it confirmed that I was a wolf kill with zero added details given because game still in play at the time, etc etc).

So if you're saying the mods have been answering questions for you in a pm, I'd say that's a lie.

Lynch Saki
This makes sense to me

Lynch Saki

(Helping out the mods with a lynch tally, blah blah niceness, etc etc)

1zdaf4n.jpg
Lynch

WTF (0) –

SOV (2) - dyachei, FFM

AM (5) – FS, WTF, LIS, Saki, BBC

Jilary (0) -

Saki (6) - Rogert, Jil, SOV, Fin, Ceke, Hayley

WZ - (1) Nyanko

13/26 Votes Cast

So wait....we are lynching the person who voted against a wolf relatively early on to put them more solidly in the lead, instead of lynching the person who jumped in right at deadline to cause a tie that could have saved said wolf?

Because we think the mods would not have answered questions about roles via pm?

Am I taking crazy pills here?

This makes sense to me

Lynch Saki

Yeah, seriously, the closest the mods ever got, in a Kaydub's game, to giving me *any* sort of game info was to send me a 'heads up, you're gonna be out of action' message, and then confirm that it was only temporary before I was affected by an action from that night cycle. I still had to wait until the actual start of the day cycle to find out what had actually happened to me. I was asking questions, trying to learn/find out who or what I should be looking for as noob, and the only answer I got when I was still in the game was 'sorry, we can't tell you that'. Even after I was dead it was still pretty much just me chatting with the mods about 'see, this is what I was thinking when I tried XYZ strategy', or 'OMG Mythology!Yay (like I said they did confirm I was a wolf kill, but they wouldn't say anything other than that until the game had ended).

Kaydubs is pretty damn careful about not letting game info out to players, especially not if it might be used as strategy/effect the game - that includes not answering noob questions.

So wait....we are lynching the person who voted against a wolf relatively early on to put them more solidly in the lead, instead of lynching the person who jumped in right at deadline to cause a tie that could have saved said wolf?

This also makes sense to me. I guess I just feel like Saki's defense doesn't sound like a real excuse.... I could go either way though. Just that the reasoning makes sense for both candidates.

Unless Saki can explain what she means about mods answering questions in pms about roles, then yes, based on direct experience of being a noob in a game co-modded/run by Kaydubs before (mods did not answer questions in that game, didn't matter how noob the noob who was asking them was).

Someone was asking about MJ? I pm'd with him last night (this day cycle) he's not silenced just didn't have anything to say. I should have more free time this afternoon to catch up unless there are emergencies
Still seems weird not to have posted a single thing except for bolded votes... not even any context for the votes. Thank you for the clarification, though.

And seer the mayor. Fo reals.
Pretty sure she did. As I talked about on day 3, someone checked on me from underneath their tail on n1. Jilary received a similar message n2, I think.

@Saki Nishibi, I know you said you'd played Mafia IRL before. How much outside-SDN experience do you have?