WWho Let the Dogs Out? - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think she was protected...the protector just died, and earlier said that she had protected the hydra.

Not sure why being protected makes you think someone is village, either. Anyone can be protected, villagers protect wolves by accident all the time.
@youngkal come baaaaack I miss you 😍
 
Oxcx.gif

friends-hey-you-coming-out-tonight-me-oh-sorry-wish-i-could-super-busy-with-all-this-work-12-cheeit-cheezit-jHrAG.jpg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you the wolf wanting protection in this scenario?

I'm not sure you need to give more reasons for people to associate you with being sketchballs 😉
Did you not notice? I killed Skimble so that I'd be surrounded by Newbs I can simultaneously pocket in one giant PM.
Am I sketchballs enough yet? 😉

@Beagle-Brigade say grebes had been lynched.
What information would that have given you? Would her flipping village make anyone else more/less sketchy? How about if she had flipped wolf?
 
Excuse you, the now deceased cat in that photo was a lady and would NEVER bite anyone, ever. Especially someone who gave her belly rubs 😛

Calicos are nice and color stereotypes for cats are lamesauce
It's the torties you have to watch out for :nod: 😉
 
Now I take offense to that. My tortie was an angel. And I honestly haven't met a bad one. I stand by those naughty orange KBs are the real baddies.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using SDN mobile
Lol that was tongue in cheek, hence the wink (though they too have that reputation). My best friend has a tortie and she is my favorite cat that isn't my own.

My mom's orange tabby lady is an actual demon, but in general I love orange kitties.
 
I don't have someone that I feel ready to lynch just yet. I have a few questions though. Why are there two people on Sporty?
Why do you care that 2 people were voting for SportySpice?

I feel like this is a little overly defensive for what it is. Your specific comments were mostly mentioned in passing and no one really hung onto that, and yeah obviously you're going to disagree with a vote on you, but you're not in the lead or anything so I'm not sure why we needed this defense or your offering to answer questions. at least, not at this point
I'd let go of what I said was overly defensive of mutt, but I'm pretty sure I said the same exact thing - "do you have any specific questions for me" - when I was being lynched as a wolf. I just don't trust it.

unlynch grebes
lynch mutt
How you feeling about this now? I thought earlier you said you had trouble getting D1 feels, which is why you jumped on the grebes lynch in the first place.

Feeling weird about barks ###lynch barkley###
Tell me more

Unlynch VMH
Lynch Mutts

Was seeing who I could pied piper into a completely unreasonable lynch and Mutts seems like she made the vote hoping other people followed and she wouldn't have to explain herself.
I'm just putting this here to remind myself that you are one of those villains who likes to explain how you're killing someone as you're peeling off their flesh.

It's the torties you have to watch out for :nod: 😉
Now I take offense to that. My tortie was an angel. And I honestly haven't met a bad one. I stand by those naughty orange KBs are the real baddies.
All cats are perfect. End of discussion. :cat::cat::cat:
Edit to add cat face.
 
Last edited:
@Beagle-Brigade say grebes had been lynched.
What information would that have given you? Would her flipping village make anyone else more/less sketchy? How about if she had flipped wolf?

I lynched grebes because I thought they were the most likely to be wolf of the players that had been active in the thread so far. I wasn’t convinced of the Mutt reasoning others had laid out so I didn’t hop on that bandwagon.

Because I voted so close to lynch I knew I had no chance to actually kill her today and see her flip, but as my leading wolf candidate I wanted to see her (and others) responses to the vote
 
I lynched grebes because I thought they were the most likely to be wolf of the players that had been active in the thread so far. I wasn’t convinced of the Mutt reasoning others had laid out so I didn’t hop on that bandwagon.

Because I voted so close to lynch I knew I had no chance to actually kill her today and see her flip, but as my leading wolf candidate I wanted to see her (and others) responses to the vote
You're not answering the question.
IF she had been lynched and flipped wolf, what would that mean? How would you interpret that?
If she had flipped village, what would that mean?

Now that you saw responses to your vote on grebes, what is your follow up thought process?
 
1) Someone mentioned earlier that they were wondering if someone implied/revealed that they were a protector in a group PM. I realized that what I said could have been interpreted that way and it was NOT how i meant it, so i wanted to clear that up, in case someone in my group did take it that way. Especially since it kind of seemed like Mel was implying it, considering he asked me if I had any explanation for N1 results.

2) I said I had nothing that made me obviously think it was wolfy. The wording was that I was approached, not that I was necessarily attacked. But being approached does not rule out being attacked, IMO. I would like to know why someone approached me last night. What were their intentions? Were they friendly or not? It could point to them having some kind of ability, but that still doesn't mean they are village.
This sounds overly defensive to me. They've had a few posts like yhis. Not sure if noob or wolfy. Will check back later. Just joting down where I am. Still need to catch up but lol not going to happen tonight.
 
You're not answering the question.
IF she had been lynched and flipped wolf, what would that mean? How would you interpret that?
If she had flipped village, what would that mean?

Now that you saw responses to your vote on grebes, what is your follow up thought process?

Same as lynching anyone else, lynching a wolf day one would have been great for village and if grebes flipped village then I guess we’d be no further behind than we are now. Although as I said before I knew she wouldn’t die because it was way too late in the day to sway enough people.

As for what was gained we’ll have to wait and see because I don’t think grebes has posted since then


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which posts? And you are village reading grebes then?
You were the most defensive to me in your posts.

I’m not set on gebes yet. But of the three choices that were the top, I had the most feels about you. I did not feel good at all about the mutt vote, cause there really wasn’t any reason.
 
You were the most defensive to me in your posts.

I’m not set on gebes yet. But of the three choices that were the top, I had the most feels about you. I did not feel good at all about the mutt vote, cause there really wasn’t any reason.

Do you think I shouldn't have defended? Are you village-reading anyone at the moment?
 
And I still don't really understand the difference between asking pointed questions and "fishing".

Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile
Pointed questions:
What do you think about so and so?
What are your opinions on player x?
What are your reads?

Fishing:
What is your role?
How would you use your role?
Who would you target tonight?

Basically anything thats asking you to reveal information that a wolf may find important to achieve their win condition.

Simple math if you're playing conservatively.
Who are you and what have you done with MJ?

Lynch grebes

For now. I’d like an update on the PM situation
an update like what? What were you hoping to get out of a pressure vote for grebes at this point?

paging @Stagg737 again.

ETA: I went back to re-read and started with 2 people on my wolfy list and now I have half the roster, so clearly that was productive :dead:
 
Pointed questions:
What do you think about so and so?
What are your opinions on player x?
What are your reads?

Fishing:
What is your role?
How would you use your role?
Who would you target tonight?

Basically anything thats asking you to reveal information that a wolf may find important to achieve their win condition.


Who are you and what have you done with MJ?


an update like what? What were you hoping to get out of a pressure vote for grebes at this point?

paging @Stagg737 again.

I'm catching up now but on like page 5, may be a while before I get to whatever you want.
 
By now, the dogs were sure that the Anatolian Shepherd had been correct about some of them being behind the disappearances. Having lost two of their number the previous day weighed on their minds as they retreated to their kennels for sleep. A particular dog was awake, as he had been the previous night. He had an idea about who might be behind the disappearances and if he just stood over them all night, watching them, they wouldn't be able to cause anyone harm.

But as he stood, watching a dog he thought might be guilty, someone who definitely had malicious intent was creeping up behind him and just like that he vanished into the night.

Gone is @Mel - A Rottweiler and villager who could use his strength to block a player each night


It is now Day 2. Lynch deadline is 10 pm EST.

23 players remain.


The Agility Arena
1. @StayingPositive2017
2. @Mad Jack
3. @Lawper
4. @Crayola227
5. @SportPonies

The Show Ring
6. @mypetmoose
7. @johnnaboo
10. @grebes4lyfe

The Rally Course
11. @dolphin106258
12. @Stagg737
13. @Coopah
14. @Barkley13
15. @Caiter92

The Dock Diving Pool
16. @Beagle-Brigade
17. @allieh8607
18. @Matthew9Thirtyfive
19. @vetmedhead
20. @sheltermed

The Barn Hunt Course
21. @MSUcvmHOPE
22. @Animal Midwife / @SARdoghandler
23. @PippyPony
25. @ziggyandjazzy
26. @capri1722

Gone
9. Skimble - Anatolian Shepherd
24. muttmanager - Norwegian Lundehund
8. Melchizedek - Rottweiler
 
Oh, and I know Mel was in the lead, but I really don’t think that is a good vote.

And if anyone else wants to follow the MJ logic, I protected SAR/AM last night and she may be able to verify that, but I guess I can’t be certain. Guess I should have just protected myself.

I know Skim's dead, but just a random point of emphasis to all the noobs if we can maybe NOT role reveal on D1. That would be greeeaatt.....

She came off very pushy, granted I haven't played with not novice players so I can see this as a very viable way to get good feels on a lot of people D1.

Lol, just wait unti

Mel seemed fishy at first but her explanation, her openess,

Pssssst, Mel is a he. (or axolotl or #sketchmason, not a she though)

MJ is too nonchalant, sus to me

Seems like normal early MJ to me...


In case you didn't play pokemon, Sporty (or Kaydubz if she ever plays again) is now my permanent D1 lynch vote. You can ask around if you need to find out why, I don't feel like getting to that level of saltiness right now.


Was just agreeing that I didn't think the part about "the large dog" not living through the day in the N1 write-up was just mod-flair. Curious why you found that post suspicious. I know I'm on your permanent sketch list Cray, but it's too early for this kind of tunnel.

Thanks for the protection claim. Now you seem village. Hope you don't get NK now for it.

Interesting that you interpreted that post that way since that's not what was said and that last sentence just gives me feelz.
 
I know Skim's dead, but just a random point of emphasis to all the noobs if we can maybe NOT role reveal on D1. That would be greeeaatt.....
I'm not sure what you're getting at here by using skimble as the example, she knew she would die at the end of the day cycle and thusly had nothing to lose by role revealing D1. Sharing her target information at that stage only served to help village by giving more info to use during analysis
 
I'm not sure what you're getting at here by using skimble as the example, she knew she would die at the end of the day cycle and thusly had nothing to lose by role revealing D1. Sharing her target information at that stage only served to help village by giving more info to use during analysis

I was just using it as a general example. I thought I had Grebes quoted as well, but apparently not.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think she was protected...the protector just died, and earlier said that she had protected the hydra.

Not sure why being protected makes you think someone is village, either. Anyone can be protected, villagers protect wolves by accident all the time.
I know that. I meant if they were being truthful about being protected by a soon to die confirmed villager protector, that claim might make me lean village on them.
 
I'm not sure what you're getting at here by using skimble as the example, she knew she would die at the end of the day cycle and thusly had nothing to lose by role revealing D1. Sharing her target information at that stage only served to help village by giving more info to use during analysis
^
This.

@Stagg737 it's not a tunnel. It's arrogance on your part. Like trying to use Skimble's gameplay as a point of education to noobs what not to do, when it is exactly the thing to have done.

So side-eyeing you for trying to twist this into something shallow when I'm actually taking issue with your gameplay.
 
I know that. I meant if they were being truthful about being protected by a soon to die confirmed villager protector, that claim might make me lean village on them.
Meaning, that coming out with info you didn't have to offer up that might make you look sketch. Granted, WIFOM, but still a way to lean and I expect more instinctual behavior from noobs.
 
*********************************************************
Where's the shock?!?
Where's the outrage?!?
Where're the women and children lamenting my death, while the men stand stoicly; a single tear slowly rolling down their cheeks?!?
Freaking wolves man :yeahright:
Go Village!
*********************************************************
 
*********************************************************
Where's the shock?!?
Where's the outrage?!?
Where're the women and children lamenting my death, while the men stand stoicly; a single tear slowly rolling down their cheeks?!?
Freaking wolves man :yeahright:
Go Village!
*********************************************************
Mel rn:

766178B5-954A-4A98-8CED-47EEC8B01C8D.gif
 
Disclaimer- I was drunk last night and I missed out on a hellll of a lot it seems. Bear with me as I go back and re-read this morning.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pointed questions:
What do you think about so and so?
What are your opinions on player x?
What are your reads?

Fishing:
What is your role?
How would you use your role?
Who would you target tonight?

Basically anything thats asking you to reveal information that a wolf may find important to achieve their win condition.


Who are you and what have you done with MJ?


an update like what? What were you hoping to get out of a pressure vote for grebes at this point?

paging @Stagg737 again.

ETA: I went back to re-read and started with 2 people on my wolfy list and now I have half the roster, so clearly that was productive :dead:
I've done it since I accidentally cost the village two wins in a row by going balls to the wall and choosing wrong
 
Hey I'm alive (maybe not for long in my other game but in this one I am).
So far from reading I was originally a little off put by AM, not just for her interactions with Skim but with other players. She came off very pushy, granted I haven't played with not novice players so I can see this as a very viable way to get good feels on a lot of people D1. That being said I'm not convinced that AM is wolf atm.
Mel seemed fishy at first but her explanation, her openess, and the general acceptance of the group made me much less suspicious, but thought that like AM above may just be pushing to get feels. I don't see Mel as wolf atm.
Grebies, you're playing very defensive again, and I'm not inclined to trust people that get flustered in a game like this. Though you don't seem as aggressive, but still seemed odd that you over shared very quickly, and seemed sure that a PM between two strangers could solve anything. I don't cry wolf on this, but you are on my list.
Skim. That sucks. But I am a stickler for continuity and when you quoted Moose about last nights action you said you weren't the one who stood "Outside her door", when she said that someone stood infront of them - granted this can be the same thing, but I prefer we all use the same wording and not interpretations.
Moose seems a little naive at this point. Not terribly concerns from her post atm, but still unsure about the "what I know about you/info having" post regarding Mel earlier (please help me if this was satisfactorily explained.
Beagle seems ok atm.
Vetmed has given some reads and general advice but nothing helpful to decide how I feel.
MJ is too nonchalant, sus to me.
Sport and Bark seem to only have feels on Grebes being weird (Which I think is a grneral consensus at this time), any other thoughts?
I tend to like Lawp. I like what they have been saying/how much contributing. Nothing has been suspect to me yet.
Mutt, I will have to go back and check, but I don't remember why ppl are jumping on her.
Sorry it's long but I'm here for the evening and will be contributing more now that my initial reaction is out.

Do we still feel there is a wolf in the Show group? (correct me if I missed something) If those involved cannot provide good feels on anyone in their own group, it may be a random attack by someone from another group to cause misdirection, or not.


Hey, just catching up from last night. I don't know if you still wanted more explanation from me on the way I posted about Mel, but I did explain at one point about how I don't actually have any "info" on him, just generally trustworthy, non-wolfy feels. It was just his a bit aggressive playstyle I wasn't prepared for. As far as I know this is resolved though