WWho Let the Dogs Out? - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@allieh8607 Have you thought any more about your nooby wolf theory? Wondering what you think of @johnnaboo 's theory? In general I just want to hear your thoughts on things because I like what you are saying/it makes sense. But I also don't know what Michigan is? Anyone wanna explain that reference?
 
I feel like you are being intentionally obtuse about this, which is only making me want to push your lynch harder. You knew I wouldn’t get lynched because obviously I was going to come on thread and put that information out there.

Honestly, I think AM/sar should get lynched immediately. I know she has said she always has a reason for her lynch votes, even d1 and she doesn’t like it when other people don’t have a reason for a lynch vote.

I believe Mel is likely village, as is cray. I’m not sure if cray has even posted yet, but I’m generally good at reading her, and she often likes to keep me around as a wolf because she likes the challenge, so I don’t think I would be her wolf kill of choice, assuming she was around when the pack decided on the kill.

Mmm, I don't think I keep anyone around for challenge as a wolf. I'm conservative and tend to kill anyone that is a threat unless the pack talks me out of it or it seems to sketch to kill, and you've so far been the only player that has consistently read me with any true accuracy.

I would say that because of this, when I am village I tend to want you to stick around. This logic of mine only breaks down if you're a wolf that is pocketing me by correctly identifying me on thread.

OTOH, the more you suspect me when I'm village, the more I suspect you in turn, because I think the only time you've been wrong about me is when you wolf and try to lynch me rather than pocket me. I get that this may not be the best logic as villager, to just keep people around that think you're village, but like I said, usually you read me and rarely do you go for me unless you're a wolf.

Given how well I think you've been at reading me, it makes me a bit suspicious that you would say I keep you around for challenge when I wolf.

Otoh, I guess if I was wolf and for some reason you misread me as village, I might keep you around, but it would make me nervous.
 
Except for when you were a wolf and tried to use your knowledge of “game mechanics” to convince everyone I couldn’t be village based on how the tinkerer role worked. 🙄

No offense but despite your good intentions most of the time, I am sure you can understand why people wouldn’t just trust everything you say in a game where you’re also a player.

True, but I was mostly referring to the posts where I used the *****Padawan Posts***** or directly answered questions about how game mechanics worked. For disclosure, my "too many seers" and "too many items" theories were purely that and you should NOT look at those in terms of true mechanics. They are reasonable statements (which is why I made them), but as they could not be confirmed you should not use that going forward. The post about types of seers (which I believe was a Padawan post) is valid though.

The thing is we have no way of telling whether your teaching is completely neutral, and it just seems off that you're trying to teach noobs what to do based on your interpretations of the posts which could very well be distorted or misread etc. Teaching just allows for an opportunity for wolves to skillfully sway villagers to their side and nab more mislynches so it's problematic. I just learn by experience and go from there.

I don't know what would have happened if Jimble/Skilary had survived because that seemed unlikely from the mod writeup. So she had nothing to lose and in fact helped the village by giving information while she's alive. It's difficult to speculate on what could have happened if the writeup basically sealed her fate.

I agree that reporting who she acted on/who acted on her should have been shared. But we'll have to agree to disagree about the role reveal.

That being said, I think my point about not role revealing in general unless you have a really, really good reason (lynching wolves, self-prez as you're getting lynched, etc) is still valid. Regardless of my questionable/bad use of Skimble as an example.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@allieh8607 Have you thought any more about your nooby wolf theory? Wondering what you think of @johnnaboo 's theory? In general I just want to hear your thoughts on things because I like what you are saying/it makes sense. But I also don't know what Michigan is? Anyone wanna explain that reference?
Michigan was another game run by these current mods. There's not much else to say about my theory until we catch some wolves because currently all it is is speculation. Since we only have 2 night kills so far, I think we can get easily distracted by something that isn't very helpful yet. I also don't really have many other thoughts about jboo's theory. Other people seem to remember a lot of things about previous games whereas pretty much after I get killed in a game, it's wiped from my memory except for major events I'm involved in soooo she's basically saying she experienced the opposite of my theory in one single game and I don't think it matters much.
 
K. I heard back from the person who approached me last night.

I'm not convinced either way, mostly kind of echoing what VMH said earlier... not really sure what to make of any of the answers.
They (ofc) said that they didn't attack me, but wouldn't share any deets with me.
Not really sure where to put my vote at the moment... so i'll keep it where it is (matty ice) until further notice.
Ok at this point it's starting to sound a bit like a noob wolf. Just the desperate tone of it. Maybe it's just me. I feel like I do this all the damn time confusing noob and wolfy oh well people will deal.
 
Lynch Paws

Her play today has been far too wishy washy. And then adding onto the mutts votes pretty quickly does not bode well.

Paws still feels off to me. Asking very pointed questions to different people. I might vote there today.

Pips is liking my posts a lot and that’s giving me flashbacks to the time when she did the same thing as a wolf to pocket me. Might be paranoid there, since she’s read village to me for the most part.

I’m still uneasy about the whole grebes thing. I go back and forth between nooby and wolfy.
How do you think I should be playing, lol? You don't want me to be wish washy but asking direct questions is wolfy also?
 
Barkley has sketch points for me. I get that I probably overreacted and overshared about what happened to me N1, but she's really trying to make it out that I was tying to out someone, and claiming that it's weird for me to be concerned about someone using an ability on me seems weird. I think that it would be a pretty dumb move to just assume that anyone approaching you at night is village, and Barks has been trying to push that I am sketchy for not jumping to that assumption.
Unlynch matty ice
Lynch barks









Paws is neutral to me right now, but I agree with this:


I posted an update... are you still going to vote for me?
Oh boy, this is retaliatory to the max. Also pretty sure people will have covered this but eh.
 
I'd let go of what I said was overly defensive of mutt, but I'm pretty sure I said the same exact thing - "do you have any specific questions for me" - when I was being lynched as a wolf. I just don't trust it.

unlynch grebes
lynch mutt
This doesn't sit right with me, having a hard time putting my finger on why

Edit: OK break time, I'll catch up on the rest in a bit.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Unofficial D2 Lynch Tally
Cray (1) - Pippy
Sporty (2) - AMSAR, Stagg
Paws (1) - grebes

4/23
lynch close in ~6.5 hours
 
lynch shelter
I have feels, but maybe its also just because I don't have a ton to go off of. Post more shelter, I want to hear from you! Convince me that someone else is more wolfy if you don't like my feels.
 
I’m going to a curling tournament so I will be gone until close to lynch close. So just throwing this out there:

Based on all of my previous reasons still standing and now not being NKed despite role reveal I’m going to stick with ###lynch grebes### and think others should consider this

I have village feels about coopah, paws, lawper, matty ice, allieh.

Not sure of cray or AM/SAR because I’m still getting used to their style.

Wolf feels for stagg, pippy, and maybe even moose... But these are mostly based on gut feeling so as they post more I’m sure this list will change


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
What are you thinking of different people now in light of more information?
I’m not a fan of the respond to every post strategy Coop and cray use. Because tbh, it’s hard to tell if it’s them just trying to throw out theories, or just post a lot to distract people and make them seem more village.

Shelter has seemed to just jump on theories a few times and not post her own. But it’s early game so maybe that’s just her not being sure what to make of things yet.

I find it really weird you were so active yesterday and now haven’t really posted since Barkley also claimed to be blocked though.
 
I’m going to a curling tournament so I will be gone until close to lynch close. So just throwing this out there:

Based on all of my previous reasons still standing and now not being NKed despite role reveal I’m going to stick with ###lynch grebes### and think others should consider this

I have village feels about coopah, paws, lawper, matty ice, allieh.

Not sure of cray or AM/SAR because I’m still getting used to their style.

Wolf feels for stagg, pippy, and maybe even moose... But these are mostly based on gut feeling so as they post more I’m sure this list will change


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

why wolf feels for Pippy?
 
What is there to address about it?
You’re both claiming you were blocked. Obviously there could be a wolf blocker too, but night actions don’t always go through when someone is night killed. So you could just be claiming you were blocked by Mel (assuming Barkley was wolf blocked if they were actually blocked) and be lying.
 
I’m not a fan of the respond to every post strategy Coop and cray use. Because tbh, it’s hard to tell if it’s them just trying to throw out theories, or just post a lot to distract people and make them seem more village.

Shelter has seemed to just jump on theories a few times and not post her own. But it’s early game so maybe that’s just her not being sure what to make of things yet.

I find it really weird you were so active yesterday and now haven’t really posted since Barkley also claimed to be blocked though.

I can only contribute if others are contributing. We were stuck at four votes for like 6 hours.
 
You’re both claiming you were blocked. Obviously there could be a wolf blocker too, but night actions don’t always go through when someone is night killed. So you could just be claiming you were blocked by Mel (assuming Barkley was wolf blocked if they were actually blocked) and be lying.

This is a fun WIFOM circlejerk but can you explain to me the benefits of fakeclaiming being blocked on a night where a kill went through on D2?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is a fun WIFOM circlejerk but can you explain to me the benefits of fakeclaiming being blocked on a night where a kill went through on D2?
Because it’ll help clear you for the time being. I’ve definfiely seen people do that before.

What do you mean kill went through on Day 2? Mel was killed last night. The kill went through last night.
 
Because it’ll help clear you for the time being. I’ve definfiely seen people do that before.

What do you mean kill went through on Day 2? Mel was killed last night. The kill went through last night.

I would hope no one would clear anyone when an entire pack is still intact and kills are assigned to an individual player. He didn't die until D2 started.
 
I would hope no one would clear anyone when an entire pack is still intact and kills are assigned to an individual player. He didn't die until D2 started.
It would clear you from being the one who killed last night. Obviously it wouldn’t clear you permanently.
 
That's not a clear though. Like it'd literally only last until D2 is over. Even then, it's not accounting for a strongman or anything else.

Yes, I know. Hence why I said for the time being.

Barkley also seemed to be questioning you being blocked, too. And you never responded, and then haven’t posted much since. That’s why I thought it was weird.
 
I’m not a fan of the respond to every post strategy Coop and cray use. Because tbh, it’s hard to tell if it’s them just trying to throw out theories, or just post a lot to distract people and make them seem more village.

Shelter has seemed to just jump on theories a few times and not post her own. But it’s early game so maybe that’s just her not being sure what to make of things yet.

I find it really weird you were so active yesterday and now haven’t really posted since Barkley also claimed to be blocked though.
Honestly, I'm nowhere near replying to ever post but I see your point, if I don't respond to what I think might be sketch though people just assume I'm coming out of nowhere with feels and such, also I am lazy and not going to look up quotes. It is what it is. Sorry if it's distracting but that's not going to change.
This seems to be an over reaction to a very reasonable request
I was tagged so I responded. I even mentioned that was probably not her intention in the later portion of that post.
 
Yes, I know. Hence why I said for the time being.

Barkley also seemed to be questioning you being blocked, too. And you never responded, and then haven’t posted much since. That’s why I thought it was weird.

idk, clear is just too heavy a word for me. I would assume a temporary clear would be strong enough to, at least, last a few full cycles. Like it'd need to come with evidence for someone being village rather than lack of wolf evidence.

I didn't respond because it was just her sharing a night result and fakeclaiming makes no sense to me at this time.
 
Honestly, I'm nowhere near replying to ever post but I see your point, if I don't respond to what I think might be sketch though people just assume I'm coming out of nowhere with feels and such, also I am lazy and not going to look up quotes. It is what it is. Sorry if it's distracting but that's not going to change.
It’s more 20 posts at once (more Cray than you) vs responding to every post I dislike. Cause when something was over a day ago, and discussion has occurred and nothing new is said in the new post, it just seems odd to post about it so much later.
 
idk, clear is just too heavy a word for me. I would assume a temporary clear would be strong enough to, at least, last a few full cycles. Like it'd need to come with evidence for someone being village rather than lack of wolf evidence.

I didn't respond because it was just her sharing a night result and fakeclaiming makes no sense to me at this time.
You are literally arguing semantics at this point.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad