WWho Let the Dogs Out? - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Darn, sorry grebes I really thought I was on to something. I know it sucks being a noob lynched D2 [emoji6].

Let me grab my laptop so I can collect my thoughts and write out something longer


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
To clarify my Sporty vote. It was initially not meant to stay there and in my tin-foil theory I was actually hoping to catch someone making a comment/point that would out them. That didn't happen, but with the reveal that Sporty could open PMs as well as Grebes, along with the Sporty/AM stuff from D1 (one or two of which pinged some feels) I felt like I was okay with the vote up to what I had read (pg 17 or so). Still not feeling good about Sporty, but will be looking back more before placing a vote tomorrow.
 
So I’m an idiot and misread grebes role description. I thought it said they could approach someone and herd someone into a corner at night and open a PM. Not they’d herd anyone who approached them into a corner and open a PM.

I now see why Pip was saying those are very different abilities. Reading comprehension is clearly my forte tonight.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To clarify my Sporty vote. It was initially not meant to stay there and in my tin-foil theory I was actually hoping to catch someone making a comment/point that would out them. That didn't happen, but with the reveal that Sporty could open PMs as well as Grebes, along with the Sporty/AM stuff from D1 (one or two of which pinged some feels) I felt like I was okay with the vote up to what I had read (pg 17 or so). Still not feeling good about Sporty, but will be looking back more before placing a vote tomorrow.
This is sketch. Something about it is sketch.
 
To clarify my Sporty vote. It was initially not meant to stay there and in my tin-foil theory I was actually hoping to catch someone making a comment/point that would out them. That didn't happen, but with the reveal that Sporty could open PMs as well as Grebes, along with the Sporty/AM stuff from D1 (one or two of which pinged some feels) I felt like I was okay with the vote up to what I had read (pg 17 or so). Still not feeling good about Sporty, but will be looking back more before placing a vote tomorrow.

Can you clarify what the bolded means? "Out" who?
 
Quoting this for later. Not something I'm reading into a ton right now, but I think this will be relevant later.





Yes.



Fair. Not trying to be "overly didactic/teachy", but I feel like there have been some fairly bad mistakes made already and I'd like us to have fewer of them. Except from the wolves, they can make as many mistakes as they want (bring on the Rojos!).



Imo generally not. If it reveals your PR or another player's PR though I'd generally advise against it.



You missed something and I was talking about in general.



Can't remember what I wanted to respond to. Will go back and look then edit this...



This is an interesting point and Zigs seems like an odd choice to open a PM with.



Because some people take forever to catch up on and have a lot to catch up on. When I started catching up I was on pg 14 and there were only 16 pages. Now we're on pg 19 and I had to do things at home with the wife and baby while trying to catch up. Hence, bulk posts. Or I could just hit reply to everything I feel like responding to as I go, but then I'm replying to a lot of things that have been addressed (I've deleted several quotes from this post). Maybe I should just not say anything at all?



How did you feel about Grebes' ability claim? How do you feel about the situation now that she has flipped village and PR confirmed?
Only responding to the last bit that’s relevant to me, but I’m on my phone and don’t feel like deleting the rest.

I stated multiple times that I thought grebes was village. Her ability reveal did not change that. That literally last minute waffle nonsense to her was so stupid and I’m unhappy with the people that partook in that. I’ll probably look at those people closer tomorrow.
 
  1. Please tell me more about your curling tournament and how you do
  2. Please tell me more about your village feels specifically for Matty ice and paws
  3. Please tell me more about your wolf feels on moose and pipperoo

1. It was actually my cousin's, she made it to the semi-finals tomorrow!
2. Matty ice seems to be hunting wolves and questioning just like he did in the noob game, that plus no red flags lands him in my village. Paws I've generally agreed with their posts, and specifically their questions a few times are what I would have asked if they didn't beat me to it.
3. Pippy is mostly a bad vibe and being kind of quiet (I know I am also quiet), nothing to act on but landed her on the possible wolf list (sorry, someone had to go there). Moose because she made a claim about being a "small breed dog" on day 1 (too early for me, but after grebes I'm second guessing myself). And the theory about the wolves going for the experienced players is logical but came off as sketchy because it was also so early in the game that it couldn't possibly be back up (yet)
 
200w.webp
Nope still nada
 
1. It was actually my cousin's, she made it to the semi-finals tomorrow!
2. Matty ice seems to be hunting wolves and questioning just like he did in the noob game, that plus no red flags lands him in my village. Paws I've generally agreed with their posts, and specifically their questions a few times are what I would have asked if they didn't beat me to it.
3. Pippy is mostly a bad vibe and being kind of quiet (I know I am also quiet), nothing to act on but landed her on the possible wolf list (sorry, someone had to go there). Moose because she made a claim about being a "small breed dog" on day 1 (too early for me, but after grebes I'm second guessing myself). And the theory about the wolves going for the experienced players is logical but came off as sketchy because it was also so early in the game that it couldn't possibly be back up (yet)

But m# hasn’t been confirmed villager in the other game so how do you know that is his village behavior?
 
Pippy was one of the more active people today. I feel like that’s just pulled out of no where unless they really haven’t read through today.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lmao is this serious?

Bad vibes I can handle all day. Quiet? Wat?
Sorry man, that was just the way I saw things... It was earlier in the day and you've been more active since then for sure!

But m# hasn’t been confirmed villager in the other game so how do you know that is his village behavior?

Very true, so I guess based on what I assume he is in the other game and being consistent with that in this game
 
While most of the dogs were sleeping in their kennels, two particular dogs were head toward each other. One of them was very sneaky and the two crossed paths on the middle of the grounds, the sneaky dog tried to grab the other and drag them away. However, the sneaky dog wasn't quick enough this time--because the other dog had been looking for her too.

They stared at each other, face to face, knowing they were enemies and that one of them had to disappear.

But no one knows what happened next. When the rest of the dogs woke up, neither of those two dogs were anywhere to be found. They had both simply... disappeared.


Gone is @johnnaboo - an Barbet and a wolf who was hard to see at night and could not be tracked

Also gone is @Animal Midwife / @SARdoghandler - an Irish Wolfhound and a villager who could twice try to catch a wolf

It is now Day 3. Lynch deadline is 10 pm EST.

20 players remain.


The Agility Arena
1. @StayingPositive2017
2. @Mad Jack
3. @Lawper
4. @Crayola227
5. @SportPonies

The Show Ring
6. @mypetmoose

The Rally Course
11. @dolphin106258
12. @Stagg737
13. @Coopah
14. @Barkley13
15. @Caiter92

The Dock Diving Pool
16. @Beagle-Brigade
17. @allieh8607
18. @Matthew9Thirtyfive
19. @vetmedhead
20. @sheltermed

The Barn Hunt Course
21. @MSUcvmHOPE
23. @PippyPony
25. @ziggyandjazzy
26. @capri1722

Gone
9. Skimble - Anatolian Shepherd
24. muttmanager - Norwegian Lundehund
8. Melchizedek - Rottweiler
10. grebes4lyfe - Australian Shepherd
7. johnnaboo - Barbet
22. Animal Midwife/SARdoghandler - Irish Wolfhound
 
Last edited:
Paws still feels off to me. Asking very pointed questions to different people. I might vote there today.

Pips is liking my posts a lot and that’s giving me flashbacks to the time when she did the same thing as a wolf to pocket me. Might be paranoid there, since she’s read village to me for the most part.

I’m still uneasy about the whole grebes thing. I go back and forth between nooby and wolfy.

This Pawsy shading solidifies my village read on Pawsy.
 
While most of the dogs were sleeping in their kennels, two particular dogs were head toward each other. One of them was very sneaky and the two crossed paths on the middle of the grounds, the sneaky dog tried to grab the other and drag them away. However, the sneaky dog wasn't quick enough this time--because the other dog had been looking for her too.

They stared at each other, face to face, knowing they were enemies and that one of them had to disappear.

But no one knows what happened next. When the rest of the dogs woke up, neither of those two dogs were anywhere to be found. They had both simply... disappeared.


Gone is @johnnaboo - an Barbet and a wolf who was hard to see at night and could not be tracked

Also gone is @Animal Midwife / @SARdoghandler - an Irish Wolfhound and a villager who could twice try to catch a wolf

It is now Day 4. Lynch deadline is 10 pm EST.

20 players remain.


The Agility Arena
1. @StayingPositive2017
2. @Mad Jack
3. @Lawper
4. @Crayola227
5. @SportPonies

The Show Ring
6. @mypetmoose

The Rally Course
11. @dolphin106258
12. @Stagg737
13. @Coopah
14. @Barkley13
15. @Caiter92

The Dock Diving Pool
16. @Beagle-Brigade
17. @allieh8607
18. @Matthew9Thirtyfive
19. @vetmedhead
20. @sheltermed

The Barn Hunt Course
21. @MSUcvmHOPE
23. @PippyPony
25. @ziggyandjazzy
26. @capri1722

Gone
9. Skimble - Anatolian Shepherd
24. muttmanager - Norwegian Lundehund
8. Melchizedek - Rottweiler
10. grebes4lyfe - Australian Shepherd
7. johnnaboo - Barbet
22. Animal Midwife/SARdoghandler - Irish Wolfhound
Hmm... so did they both take each other out? I'm confused. I didn't know there were roles that could kill wolves at night
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lynch Sporty

I’m going with this for several reasons but I can’t explain atm because I have to go into work. But I promise I’ll come back on later lol.
 
### Lynch Sporty ###
It's what all the cool kids are doing 😎
Nah but for real it is super sketch that AM was so adamant about her and then turned up dead.
Is it really though?

AM had a super weak defense of herself last night. She said nothing to defend herself until the last few minutes of Lynch. She barely escaped being lynched last night, and with grebes village, I think there was a good chance she’d have been lynched today. If sporty was a wolf, it would have been idiotic to kill AM over night, cause it would turn on her

AM said she had a PR. That’s probably what got her killed last night.
 
###lynch sporty### AM flipping village has convinced me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile

Lynch Sporty

Because you a woof.

I don’t like how fast you two are jumping on this. Neither of you have been around much, and when you are it’s mostly responding to other people’s posts, and none of your own ideas.

Looking at sportys actual posts, I really don’t see many alarm bells. @Stagg737 you said you had tinfoil reasons for sporty yesterday and never expanded on them. Care to now?

Also sporty opened a PM today. Edit: with me.
 
Last edited:
Is it really though?

AM had a super weak defense of herself last night. She said nothing to defend herself until the last few minutes of Lynch. She barely escaped being lynched last night, and with grebes village, I think there was a good chance she’d have been lynched today. If sporty was a wolf, it would have been idiotic to kill AM over night, cause it would turn on her

AM said she had a PR. That’s probably what got her killed last night.
AM was adamant about me D1 too. Did you ever stop to think for like half a second that maybe I would’ve killed her THEN if I were a wolf and just nip it in the bud?
Good points, but Sporty actually had a chance at being lynched yesterday (i.e. more than AMSAR's lone vote), and who was leading it? She'd have to weigh the benefit of killing her lynch leader and hoping it all goes away vs the risk that the WIFOM defense may not work.

Anyway I'm going into work in a few so I won't be on thread til about an hour or two before lynch deadline.
 
I'm still bothered by sporty opening a pm with Ziggy and Ziggy feeling led to lynch AM. @SportPonies did you see a Lynch vote? That's cuz I am thinking for myself. But we both know wolfy you can be very persuasive in pm :naughty:
 
Is it really though?

AM had a super weak defense of herself last night. She said nothing to defend herself until the last few minutes of Lynch. She barely escaped being lynched last night, and with grebes village, I think there was a good chance she’d have been lynched today. If sporty was a wolf, it would have been idiotic to kill AM over night, cause it would turn on her

AM said she had a PR. That’s probably what got her killed last night.
True but that could also be a very good way to then spin it off Sporty by the same logic.
I'm going to look back, especially since I didn't see the end last night, and look at their interactions more closely.
From the kills so far it looks like the wolves know what they are doing and cutting down those that pose the biggest threat right away.
I don't agree that joining the bandwagon without reason is correct, but annoying there might be someone there is important.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using SDN mobile
 
@MSUcvmHOPE @PippyPony @capri1722 are we supposed to have a barn hunt chat going on?
You understand you can open it yourself, right? Just add wildzoo first and check the box that others can add people and have her add anyone you want if you Max out your pm limit
Edit: forgot pming was a night thing so wait until 10pm if your going to do this
 
I'm still bothered by sporty opening a pm with Ziggy and Ziggy feeling led to lynch AM. @SportPonies did you see a Lynch vote? That's cuz I am thinking for myself. But we both know wolfy you can be very persuasive in pm :naughty:
I never once suggested ziggy lynch AM. All I did was state my feels at the time.

Also, you only know how persuasive manator me can be in PM 😉

For real though. Have you and I actually ever PMd in a game where I’m a wolf? Or are you just making crap up to suit your tunnel? Generally I avoid PMing because I’m afraid of being pocketed after The Mel Incident.
 
I never once suggested ziggy lynch AM. All I did was state my feels at the time.

Also, you only know how persuasive manator me can be in PM 😉

For real though. Have you and I actually ever PMd in a game where I’m a wolf? Or are you just making crap up to suit your tunnel? Generally I avoid PMing because I’m afraid of being pocketed after The Mel Incident.
Sporty is being completely honest here. That is why I said it was sort of stupid I even mentioned it. The PM didn’t consist of much because I’ve been so focused on the other game. Besides me Rojoing the other game, sporty just posted a little feels but mostly said she didn’t have strong feelings about anything
 
I never once suggested ziggy lynch AM. All I did was state my feels at the time.

Also, you only know how persuasive manator me can be in PM 😉

For real though. Have you and I actually ever PMd in a game where I’m a wolf? Or are you just making crap up to suit your tunnel? Generally I avoid PMing because I’m afraid of being pocketed after The Mel Incident.
You pocketed me in a game and I voted between moose and Capri, remember? @Miranda Senft knows which game. Village lost cuz you convinced me to Lynch one of them.

Pretty sure Ziggy said you told her am was sketchy. I'll pull the quote
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You understand you can open it yourself, right? Just add wildzoo first and check the box that others can add people and have her add anyone you want if you Max out your pm limit
Edit: forgot pming was a night thing so wait until 10pm if your going to do this
No, like I said I really don’t understand PMs as this is my second game and the first one didn’t have them. I will start that tonight. Not sure why no other experienced player did but ok
 
Sporty is being completely honest here. That is why I said it was sort of stupid I even mentioned it. The PM didn’t consist of much because I’ve been so focused on the other game. Besides me Rojoing the other game, sporty just posted a little feels but mostly said she didn’t have strong feelings about anything

You pocketed me in a game and I voted between moose and Capri, remember? @Miranda Senft knows which game. Village lost cuz you convinced me to Lynch one of them.

Pretty sure Ziggy said you told her am was sketchy. I'll pull the quote
 
True but that could also be a very good way to then spin it off Sporty by the same logic.
I'm going to look back, especially since I didn't see the end last night, and look at their interactions more closely.
From the kills so far it looks like the wolves know what they are doing and cutting down those that pose the biggest threat right away.
I don't agree that joining the bandwagon without reason is correct, but annoying there might be someone there is important.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using SDN mobile
That first sentence is WIFOM logic. Anything can go either direction.
 
You pocketed me in a game and I voted between moose and Capri, remember? @Miranda Senft knows which game. Village lost cuz you convinced me to Lynch one of them.

Pretty sure Ziggy said you told her am was sketchy. I'll pull the quote
Legit don’t remember this but I also know I’ve wolfed three games and can’t remember the third (other two being bake and vet clinic)