WWho Let the Dogs Out? - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm trying to catch up and I've hella processed what I've read as evidenced today no less. And I made an effort to drop a vote based on what I have so far, and it is frakking done with some consideration.

I didn't want to vote to clinch AMSAR's death who was in the lead when I looked. Between my top suspicions, I looked at who voted for who where and went there.
 
Lay off those margaritas and stop making me jealous 😛
Fight me, bitch 😉

D9C0C2F4-F00B-433A-949C-01FC2A647193.jpeg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can now get in the shower.
Good job lynching a villager to quench your own curiosity.

I suggest y’all look hard at the people on my lynch vote.

Thar be wolves in them parts.
 
After another dog disappeared in the night, the dogs came together again to discuss who might responsible. They hoped that they would get it right this time. As the day wore on, several dogs were under heavy suspicion. AMSAR was one of these dogs. They didn't trust her and they were about to drag her away... but then they changed their minds.

They changed their minds and they made one mod sad.

They made Finn very sad.

And with that, some of you may know exactly what breed they chose to drag away...

Gone is @grebes4lyfe - an Australian Shepherd and a villager who would herd anyone that approached her at night into a PM

It is now Night 3. Night deadline is 1 am EST.

22 players remain.


The Agility Arena
1. @StayingPositive2017
2. @Mad Jack
3. @Lawper
4. @Crayola227
5. @SportPonies

The Show Ring
6. @mypetmoose
7. @johnnaboo

The Rally Course
11. @dolphin106258
12. @Stagg737
13. @Coopah
14. @Barkley13
15. @Caiter92

The Dock Diving Pool
16. @Beagle-Brigade
17. @allieh8607
18. @Matthew9Thirtyfive
19. @vetmedhead
20. @sheltermed

The Barn Hunt Course
21. @MSUcvmHOPE
22. @Animal Midwife / @SARdoghandler
23. @PippyPony
25. @ziggyandjazzy
26. @capri1722

Gone
9. Skimble - Anatolian Shepherd
24. muttmanager - Norwegian Lundehund
8. Melchizedek - Rottweiler
10. grebes4lyfe - Australian Shepherd
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok lynch is over people just went and pissed off I suppose. Now then let's look

grebes (7) - Beagle, Coop, Barkley, Capri, lawper, Matt, AMSAR

Matt and AM were last but Matt was waffling because he didn't want to tie but still minor sketch points here. AM was self prez

Lawp was sketchy sheeping
Capri- eh I'll have to look her over, she's been liking a lot of my stuff so that's weird.
Barkly - eh quiet noob I might as well be blindfolded and deaf I got nothing
Beagle- honestly freaks me out when I see a noob playing well.
Coop- srsly sketch

Sooooo that wasn't helpful to me. Anyone else? I'm down for lynching everyone on that list right now.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They don't, though.

idk, clearly I'm reasonably ok with a Sporty lynch, but I don't think it should be based off of role alone.

It feels weird to me that both of you are trying to push that logic so hard
I’m not trying to push anything?

From what I can tell, she can choose someone to open a PM with. That’s very similar to grebes .

I’m even more sketched about AM after her not posting anything to try to get votes off her until the last few minutes of a lynch she was in the lead of. So she’s still top for me right now.
 
Quoting this for later. Not something I'm reading into a ton right now, but I think this will be relevant later.

I'm not even sure one of them is lying.

If, for example, we could nail things down to them being blocked by a wolf blocker who's still out there, it would mean a ~mild~ village checkmark to each/either of them.

And if we were able to eventually lynch that wolf blocker and saw that they got a double block EON or something...I think it would mean a slightly bigger village checkmark on the people who have been blocked.

On the other hand, if we have no more double blocks, and we later lynch a wolf blocker, then I think I would be more inclined to lynch one of the two of them, because either they were blocked by a suspicious Mel & it went through even though he died, or one of them is lying.

Just so I am clear, it's pretty bad we have lost the blocker and protector so early, right?

Yes.

I'm sure you've gotten comments about this from other players by now, but I would appreciate slightly fewer didactic posts and more strategy posts. It's not that your didactic posts are bad or wrong, just that they could be easy cover for a woof and I'd like to hear more of your thoughts because you are an insightful player from what I've seen

Fair. Not trying to be "overly didactic/teachy", but I feel like there have been some fairly bad mistakes made already and I'd like us to have fewer of them. Except from the wolves, they can make as many mistakes as they want (bring on the Rojos!).

Is it a faux pas to reveal who you Pm'd with?

Imo generally not. If it reveals your PR or another player's PR though I'd generally advise against it.

Dude seriously? Her role was already outted! Tell me I just missed something and you're saying in general and not this specific case

You missed something and I was talking about in general.

Please, do expand on these thoughts

Can't remember what I wanted to respond to. Will go back and look then edit this...

The role is nai but if she did create the pm, why pick a noob? Usually if I can pm I pick someone I trust or at least interpret well, have experience with. I'm curious if she opened a pm with cray, MJ, or lawper. Maybe she didn't trust them or me, and felt a noob would be easier to interpret

This is an interesting point and Zigs seems like an odd choice to open a PM with.

I don’t like the bulk posts, and I legit don’t get why it seems to be such a common method. But whatevs

Because some people take forever to catch up on and have a lot to catch up on. When I started catching up I was on pg 14 and there were only 16 pages. Now we're on pg 19 and I had to do things at home with the wife and baby while trying to catch up. Hence, bulk posts. Or I could just hit reply to everything I feel like responding to as I go, but then I'm replying to a lot of things that have been addressed (I've deleted several quotes from this post). Maybe I should just not say anything at all?

What do you want me to address? My ability is to PM. I put in my request at night, and the PM is opened by a mod during the day cycle. My PMs stay open for the entirety of that day and the following night. I opened the PM with ziggy because I jive well with the way she's been playing the noob game.

How did you feel about Grebes' ability claim? How do you feel about the situation now that she has flipped village and PR confirmed?