WWho Let the Dogs Out? - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ok I know pip is in class but where TF is everybody else? @vetmedhead @Mad Jack @Barkley13

I would like to see this filled out completely thx
Oh and lynch caiter until I do

Edit: basically I will drag people kicking and screaming back on to this thread to have a discussion damn you
I occasionally have **** to do. Wild, I know 😛
I could see Caits being wolf and her voting history isn't good. Yes initially i didn't think she was sketch much but i was reading her posts a few times and interactions with others that made me reassess. I'm not sure if MJ is wolf but his lack of response to questions asking for his insights and reads is disappointing.

Pippy's observation on Allie's item use is interesting but not sure if Allie is woof but something to note. Actually think Allie is still village but did a misplay in not using her item earlier.

I'm a bit concerned about vmh/meaty and M935. I'm not sure why vmh/meaty prioritize beagsy over capri, and M935 was tunneling me in some days or following my vote in other days. Ziggy i'm reading more null/village from her posts.

Pippy, barky, Coops read village to me. I think beagsy could be village too because she could've just as well swung her vote to me rather than on capri.

So i'll go with this

Lynch Caits
Which interactions leaned you more wolf on caiter? You gave her slight village lean yesterday
I'm feeling worse about M935. He didn't vote for any wolf (and in fact, he voted and tunneled on me on two separate wolf lynches), and he also lynched villagers. His arguments on tunneling me prior to capri lynch were i voted Sporty early and contributed to village lynches. So using his argument actually makes him look even worse.
The bolded specifically is bad logic, literally every player remaining in this game has lynched at least one villager. The rest of this post is fair, though

vmh/meaty is bothersome due to some inconsistency in her posts and i'm not sure why she prioritize beagsy over capri. She's also smart, suave, smooth, stylish, skilled and deadly which makes me even more paranoid.
What the **** lol. You're taking me on a long walk off an awfully short dock here haha

In this game, she's literally like the anti-Pippy and that worries me.
Look @PippyPony ! It really is all about us 😛
 
I already posted most of my reads and finished them today. No, I received one item. That I’ve given all the info I have on and what I used it for. You should probably also post your reads if you’re demanding them from someone else 😉.

Sorry Cait, I was reading on the phone and totally missed noting it when I switched to look at me reads on my computer. (I think, that or I have the memory of a goldfish). Speaking of reads I'll post a more recent version on mine when I get home from class and (with greater attention to detail hopefully) catch up!

Was it going to change how you were reading her if she had items?

Yeah, if they had gained or used an item there would be more to go on for sure. I figured if they got an item before they might be a candidate to have another.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which interactions leaned you more wolf on caiter? You gave her slight village lean yesterday

Interactions with Coops caught my eye

The bolded specifically is bad logic, literally every player remaining in this game has lynched at least one villager. The rest of this post is fair, though

Yeah but I mentioned that in parallel to M935's reasons for tunneling me for a while, since that was a large part of his argument. Lynching villagers is inevitable. However, prioritizing tunneling and failing to lynch wolves in two different days is troublesome. I mean, Sporty was clearly a wolf and even admitted so, and yet he decided not to lynch her. His voting record is abysmal and can't be ignored.

What the **** lol. You're taking me on a long walk off an awfully short dock here haha

:shy:😳

Look @PippyPony ! It really is all about us 😛

Both of you are skilled! :bag:
 
@Mad Jack bump!

51rO8jHWTyL._SX425_.jpg
 
I guess I could say same but opposite. I thought she was vanillager but wouldn't have been surprised by vanilla wolf either.
Sounds like ability hunting...in a less blatant way than I did it.

Yeah I’m thinking out loud. I also completely misread the post the first time I saw it and for some reason thought the question was sent to stagg et al. I wasn’t totally convinced by it then and I’m more leery of it now.
Contradictory statement

I think it’s also important to note we are down some very important players very quickly. Are the wolves just getting lucky or how are they managing to do this? Just getting lucky or very well calculated night kills?
You have made a lot of statements that sound like "oh no guys, the super smart wolves have killed all the power roles!"
Another example:
Just saying if she is, I don’t think she is behind these extremely calculated attacks
I don't like the wording in these posts. They feel overdramatic to me. However, if you read the first game I ever played, I did a crap ton of this kind of posting, and I was village.

So idk. Maybe it's the quantity of them, maybe now I see this kind of thing with a more critical eye.

I’m suspicious bark or coop got dolphin killed because she said she was tracker.
Minor sketch point for regurgitating this logic after it had been floated by other players.

You made the item?
As I said before, I received an item N3 that allowed me to make an item I could use the next night. I made an ask a mod item for a yes/no question. It was a one use item.
Just processed this exchange between Paws and Caiter.

Caiter - explain, please.

I've been re reading multiple days. We have no proof Barkley was seered, though it seems likely since dolphin appeared to be clearing pm partners.
Just noting this for myself, mostly, but putting it on the backburner.

No clue if this is legit suspicion here or not. It might not have been a smart move if they were wolves, because then we could say exactly this after dolphin died.
Interesting

Capri said she will post more and I hope to see that. No suspicions besides being quiet. She even joked about getting away with a BS vote, which I don't know why a wolf would do that.
Soft defense of capri, feels like it could be a fabricated read

I think my thoughts on Capri have been laid out on thread and also don't solely rest on a low number of contributions on her part
Please point me to where?

I'll take note of that for if I ever play this game again and am a wolf
Sounds a little like "look guys, I'm a villager"
 
Sounds like ability hunting...in a less blatant way than I did it.


Contradictory statement


You have made a lot of statements that sound like "oh no guys, the super smart wolves have killed all the power roles!"
Another example:

I don't like the wording in these posts. They feel overdramatic to me. However, if you read the first game I ever played, I did a crap ton of this kind of posting, and I was village.

So idk. Maybe it's the quantity of them, maybe now I see this kind of thing with a more critical eye.


Minor sketch point for regurgitating this logic after it had been floated by other players.



Just processed this exchange between Paws and Caiter.

Caiter - explain, please.


Just noting this for myself, mostly, but putting it on the backburner.


Interesting


Soft defense of capri, feels like it could be a fabricated read


Please point me to where?


Sounds a little like "look guys, I'm a villager"
What are you wanting me to explain?
This is the item I received:

A cute dog in a playful bow presented you with a gift. You've received a large cardboard box with a chewed corner! Oh. My. God. You have the ability to create an item! This item must have one simple function and can be used the next night.

And I made an ask a mod item.
 
Caiter's downplaying her village accuracy, btw.

And her game play in general, imo.

I still have my dumb not-a-reason for not thinking she is a wolf, though lol
I’m really not though lol I think I’ve played two games where I didn’t feel like a complete idiot the whole time
 
What are you wanting me to explain?
This is the item I received:

A cute dog in a playful bow presented you with a gift. You've received a large cardboard box with a chewed corner! Oh. My. God. You have the ability to create an item! This item must have one simple function and can be used the next night.

And I made an ask a mod item.
Thanks

I am just a little leery of that exchange in retrospect because Paws was questioning you about it.

What item did you make, out of curiosity?
 
Thanks

I am just a little leery of that exchange in retrospect because Paws was questioning you about it.

What item did you make, out of curiosity?

Wishbone- this object allows you to ask one yes or no game related question to the mods of your choosing

Mods wanted it dog related preferably, this was the best I could do with my lack of creativity 😛
 
Wishbone- this object allows you to ask one yes or no game related question to the mods of your choosing

Mods wanted it dog related preferably, this was the best I could do with my lack of creativity 😛
Hmm ok thanks.

You do realize that an Ask-The-Mod question about conversions is like the easiest thing ever for a wolf to make up, right? Lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hmm ok thanks.

You do realize that an Ask-The-Mod question about conversions is like the easiest thing ever for a wolf to make up, right? Lol
-.- I so regret ever bringing up this damn item lol

I wanted to ask something about mechanics. If there were converts seemed the most useful overall.
 
1. Sounds like ability hunting...in a less blatant way than I did it.


Contradictory statement


2. You have made a lot of statements that sound like "oh no guys, the super smart wolves have killed all the power roles!"
Another example:

I don't like the wording in these posts. They feel overdramatic to me. However, if you read the first game I ever played, I did a crap ton of this kind of posting, and I was village.

So idk. Maybe it's the quantity of them, maybe now I see this kind of thing with a more critical eye.


3. Minor sketch point for regurgitating this logic after it had been floated by other players.



Just processed this exchange between Paws and Caiter.

Caiter - explain, please.


Just noting this for myself, mostly, but putting it on the backburner.


4. Interesting


5. Soft defense of capri, feels like it could be a fabricated read


Please point me to where?


6. Sounds a little like "look guys, I'm a villager"
1. I didn't realize it was bad to keep track of the abilities of people who have died. I have the quotes of people who have died in my PMs, just like meats. But y'all also found this sketchy. I didn't know it was a weird thing to think about. I think it's important to keep track of the roles that were initially out there, as well as the roles that aren't out there any more.
2. I mean, pretty much. It feels pretty crappy that almost all (all?) the power roles are gone because now I am not sure how we will go about lynching wolves besides mostly intuition.
3. Ok
4. What about it is interesting?
5. I really didn't understand why people were lynching capri, and I still really don't lol but I am glad we got a wolf out of it. She didn't seem "wolfy" to me but that also may be related to me not having played with y'all at all.
6. Pretty much
 
Bear with me here, SDN ate this post no fewer than three separate times and I'm getting frustrated lol

Sounds like ability hunting...in a less blatant way than I did it.


Contradictory statement


You have made a lot of statements that sound like "oh no guys, the super smart wolves have killed all the power roles!"
Another example:

I don't like the wording in these posts. They feel overdramatic to me. However, if you read the first game I ever played, I did a crap ton of this kind of posting, and I was village.

So idk. Maybe it's the quantity of them, maybe now I see this kind of thing with a more critical eye.


Minor sketch point for regurgitating this logic after it had been floated by other players.



Just processed this exchange between Paws and Caiter.

Caiter - explain, please.


Just noting this for myself, mostly, but putting it on the backburner.


Interesting


Soft defense of capri, feels like it could be a fabricated read


Please point me to where?


Sounds a little like "look guys, I'm a villager"
Whoops, looks like I had a lot more thoughts confined to the back of my mind than I thought I did

FWIW these are posts where I had questions about Capri (may need to quote a few for context)
I actually forgot that MSU and Capri were playing, so I see some iso's in my future for those two
:eyebrow:


Just quoting this now to say I anxiously await your contributions today :nod:

@Capri I am still waiting for more input from you today

I will park a lynch vote on you to give you some inspiration to reply

Lynch capri


And posts like the below were things I had been putting in the back of my mind as sketchy because they felt too over the top and sketch manufacturing
Autocorrect, eh? 😉
@mypetmoose you have a daughter now I guess

...seriously? Like I'm reading you pretty village right now but...seriously?

Personally I like to read old --> new because if I read new --> old then I get confused about what's going on (e.g. say if someone role revealed or suddenly there's foolproof evidence XYZ is a wolf).

Ugh I read slow enough as it is, no thanks.
ETA: I usually compromise by +Quote'ing everything I want to respond to on one page, post, then go to the next page and repeat. Or if there's not a lot to catch up on I'll do the same thing as a whole, not page-by-page.


wait seriously
why
...i can't decide if that's sketch or not


Yeah, vanillagers are pretty common, but it's more fun to play with a PR. Orrrrrr maybe more stressful? :thinking:

Just responding because I was tagged but I'm totally free and clear tomorrow so hopefully I'll be more active. I've worked 9-6 every day of this game so far, and lynch close is at 8pm my time.

liked because of the way you said it
how i actually feel about the content is a different matter (ehhhhhh)
like yeah it's fishing and it's sketch and totally lynchable
but does it really matter?

even if it doesn't, still sketch

:eyebrow:
How could you guarantee the person you're shooting would be a wolf? Sketch points for you.
 
1. I didn't realize it was bad to keep track of the abilities of people who have died. I have the quotes of people who have died in my PMs, just like meats. But y'all also found this sketchy. I didn't know it was a weird thing to think about. I think it's important to keep track of the roles that were initially out there, as well as the roles that aren't out there any more.
2. I mean, pretty much. It feels pretty crappy that almost all (all?) the power roles are gone because now I am not sure how we will go about lynching wolves besides mostly intuition.
3. Ok
4. What about it is interesting?
5. I really didn't understand why people were lynching capri, and I still really don't lol but I am glad we got a wolf out of it. She didn't seem "wolfy" to me but that also may be related to me not having played with y'all at all.
6. Pretty much
1) boring numbering
B) it's not weird (at least to me) to keep track of roles, it's woofy to try to figure out people's roles before they're dead. They have a far greater reason to ability hunt.
Cucumber) we're supposed to hunt woofs by logic. Roles just make it more interesting, you're not supposed to rely on them.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1) boring numbering
B) it's not weird (at least to me) to keep track of roles, it's woofy to try to figure out people's roles before they're dead. They have a far greater reason to ability hunt.
Cucumber) we're supposed to hunt woofs by logic. Roles just make it more interesting, you're not supposed to rely on them.
1) what's boring about my numbering?
b) yeah I'm just keeping track of people's roles who have died and people who have claimed to be vanillager. Apparently both sketchy, but you are free to interpret my actions in any way obviously
cucumber? right, it's all logic. But roles can also make it easier, lol
 
View attachment 246512
So I just got out of work. Going to go home and read the thread. But in the name of brevity, I am the other Mason and MSU was my partner. It straight up wouldn't have made sense for me to kill someone that easily could have been a pocket noob. Will catch up on the thread soonish.
This would be a pretty bold claim, so I’m inclined to believe you.
 
Appreciate the reply unlynch MJ Lynch caiter
At this point I don’t think you’re going to listen to anything I have to say. But I’m not a wolf. I’ve posted theories and questioned people all game. I tried to get info to help villagers. I don’t really know what to tell you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I tried to get info to help villagers.
Don't you mean help the village? Because I think you might have just Freudian slipped. People have had feels toward you for days but like... When people say slightly off things like this in the heat of accusations I've seen them end up a wolf more often than not because the mind is a funny and fragile thing that fails all too often

Lynch caiter