-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
WWho Let the Dogs Out? - Game Thread
Started by finnickthedog
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
***********************
Also oops forgot this was a WW. Insert stars.
*************************
Also oops forgot this was a WW. Insert stars.
*************************
Nah you're special and so is Winston 😉***********************
Also oops forgot this was a WW. Insert stars.
*************************
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
😢You're welcome btw, I think it was my idea
Y is coop always so sketchy tho. Basically all of my notes about her are "sketchy sketchy sketchy seered at some point sketchy sketchy"Dude I don't even know how you're still coming across this sketch to me, but this post makes me want to lynch you right now lol
Yooohoo
@vetmedhead
Might be about that time
You haven't driven a single wolf lynch
@SportPonies @Melchizedek maybe this is what you were supposed to do in the Sega gameIs he kissing the cow????
This really reminds me of the sorts of posts that I make on thread when I'm a wolf. The woe is me, kill me now, why are the wolves stringing me along kind of post just reads as some kind of a soft explanation for why you're still alive this late in the game (but definitely not because you're a wolf).I wish wolves had killed me. I hope they thought they were being nice by leaving me alive since I haven't played in a while...but I'd prefer to be dead right now lol
Generally when I live this long, it means I'm providing enough of a vocal distraction and/or my reads are so bad that they think I'm going to win the game for them![]()
![]()
See aboveI love you too
I know that feel, ugh
It's very tinfoil-y and I don't think you're gonna like it lol. Give me some time to type it up@vetmedhead I'd like to hear your dog show theory.
I thought I found a pattern in the double kills yesterday, because 2/4 of the players in the last double kills were non-sporting group dogs (keeshond, Tibetan spaniel)...but the papillon (toy) and sheltie (herding) kill night renders that theory inaccurate.
Or you are the woof, just saying.
Ok who hasn't checked in today?
@Barkley13
@Caiter92 I need more thoughts from you
@Beagle-Brigade have you placed a lynch vote?
@Lawper come on we need more discussion!
@vetmedhead yo who are your top suspects and why?
Just some weird tinfoil theories that are popping up in my head while i'm trying to understand. I'm trying to make sense of the nightkills because the pattern is striking. N4, N6 and N8 had double kills but N2 only resulted in Mel dying? That seems off. And at that time, it's reported that both AMSAR and barky reported to have been blocked. And we know we had both a village and wolf blockers.
I mean I feel like you're going to try to tie me to the double kills because I asked about breeds earlier, and you didn't like the role fishing.It's very tinfoil-y and I don't think you're gonna like it lol. Give me some time to type it up
Find me a role-based pattern with those kills, and I'll listen.
I also have a VERY tinfoily tinfoil surrounding that, but it's the type of thing I might almost be ok with losing to, because I'd be clearly outplayed.
Hmm curious to know what you guys think. Are we village reading barky because of her getting seered by dolphin? Or was there some other reason (if so, please explain)?
Pretty much.Hmm curious to know what you guys think. Are we village reading barky because of her getting seered by dolphin? Or was there some other reason (if so, please explain)?
Also, as far as I understand it, she was aware that dolphin was a seer as of N3, and leaving the seer alive for as long as they did after that time would not be worth the village cred, in my mind.
This is why I said I think there may have been a conversion N2. Group kill isn’t usually allowed on conversion nights, but special kill be another wolf probably wouldn’t be.Just some weird tinfoil theories that are popping up in my head while i'm trying to understand. I'm trying to make sense of the nightkills because the pattern is striking. N4, N6 and N8 had double kills but N2 only resulted in Mel dying? That seems off. And at that time, it's reported that both AMSAR and barky reported to have been blocked. And we know we had both a village and wolf blockers.
This is why I said I think there may have been a conversion N2. Group kill isn’t usually allowed on conversion nights, but special kill be another wolf probably wouldn’t be.
I don't recall conversions happening in the same night as wolf kills though. Also writeups don't suggest a conversion happened
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know it doesn’t. And they usually don’t with a group kill. But a special kill isn’t usually blocked.I don't recall conversions happening in the same night as wolf kills though. Also writeups don't suggest a conversion happened
Can you elaborate on what you mean by this?I know it doesn’t. And they usually don’t with a group kill. But a special kill isn’t usually blocked.
A wolf that has their own kill EOD would be an example. Which we appear to have, with two kills on even nights. Except on N2. This is why I think there’s been a convert already.Can you elaborate on what you mean by this?
And I mean blocked by the conversion. Not by a blocker
Ah ok thanks. This is why I was confused by the initial statement.And I mean blocked by the conversion. Not by a blocker
I mean I feel like you're going to try to tie me to the double kills because I asked about breeds earlier, and you didn't like the role fishing.
Find me a role-based pattern with those kills, and I'll listen.
I also have a VERY tinfoily tinfoil surrounding that, but it's the type of thing I might almost be ok with losing to, because I'd be clearly outplayed.
Alright, bear with some tinfoil here because this is a wild ride.
I was reading back through thread yesterday and something about this post felt off to me:
No idea. Doesn't seem to be a pattern with the breeds. Sheltie, Papillion, flat coated retriever, Tibetan spaniel... they're all in different AKC groups, aren't they?
Sheltie is a herding dog, Papillion is in the toy group, FCR is sporting group, Tibetan spaniel is non-sporting group
It seemed like an organic thing to bring up in the moment, but the AKC groups mention felt off to me. I searched through the whole thread and the only mentions if it were either this post or me asking pippy AKC questions on thread yesterday. Every dead player so far has been an AKC recognized breed, but this is a dogs game and I thought at the time that it wasn't out of the question to have something dumb like a labradoodle or mutt somewhere in the mix.
I started digging through the list of dead players and they're all breeds recognized by the AKC (yes, I googled checked all of these lol). (The only iffy one is the Barbet, which is categorized as Miscellaneous by the AKC and is on its way to being fully recognized)
Gone
9. Skimble - Anatolian Shepherd
24. muttmanager - Norwegian Lundehund
8. Melchizedek - Rottweiler
10. grebes4lyfe - Australian Shepherd
7. johnnaboo - Barbet
22. Animal Midwife/SARdoghandler - Irish Wolfhound
5. SportPonies - Icelandic Sheepdog
12. Stagg737 - Papillon
20. sheltermed - Shetland Sheepdog
6. mypetmoose - Miniature Longhaired Dachshund
11. dolphin106258 - Basenji
4. Crayola227 - Airedale Terrier
1. StayingPositive2017 - Flat Coated Retriever
21. MSUcvmHOPE - Tibetan Spaniel
26. capri1722 - Bernese Mountain Dog
18. Matthew9Thirtyfive - Otterhound
17. allieh8607 - Keeshond
25. ziggyandjazzy - West Highland White Terrier
Aside from the above AKC conversation, I started taking a closer look at the double kill nights, and found this:
Killed N4I don't mind a little heat. Enjoy it, in fact
I'm a vanilla sheltie. I do nothing but sit here and be useless, same as irl!
I was gonna reiterate that I just have trouble coming up with reads at the start of games, but I think you guys are the same way if you think lynching me is a good idea.
Thats all I got! Have fun 😉
####lynch am####
Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Killed N6
Killed last nightKeeshond!
All players killed on double kill nights, all players that role revealed a breed on thread. I don't really know how these connect except to say that I think it's not necessarily a pattern of breeds that is related to double kill nights, and at least two of these role reveals were prompted by your fishing on thread.
And the above was your breed reveal - except this isn't an AKC recognized breedPatterdale terrier!

I think your ostensible argument for your fishing of trying to find the tracker by looking for a role that was in the hound group sounds okay, but from a player with your skillset who has almost certainly played games where role names could be used by wolves, I found the push uncharacteristically short sighted of you. The fact that you revealed a role claim that I think is fake underscores that you probably had an inkling that your own role name shouldn't be on thread and that gives me pause.
Also I feel like this whole post needs this picture to accompany itAlright, bear with some tinfoil here because this is a wild ride.
I was reading back through thread yesterday and something about this post felt off to me:
It seemed like an organic thing to bring up in the moment, but the AKC groups mention felt off to me. I searched through the whole thread and the only mentions if it were either this post or me asking pippy AKC questions on thread yesterday. Every dead player so far has been an AKC recognized breed, but this is a dogs game and I thought at the time that it wasn't out of the question to have something dumb like a labradoodle or mutt somewhere in the mix.
I started digging through the list of dead players and they're all breeds recognized by the AKC (yes, I googled checked all of these lol). (The only iffy one is the Barbet, which is categorized as Miscellaneous by the AKC and is on its way to being fully recognized)
Aside from the above AKC conversation, I started taking a closer look at the double kill nights, and found this:
Killed N4
Killed N6
Killed last night
All players killed on double kill nights, all players that role revealed a breed on thread. I don't really know how these connect except to say that I think it's not necessarily a pattern of breeds that is related to double kill nights, and at least two of these role reveals were prompted by your fishing on thread.
And the above was your breed reveal - except this isn't an AKC recognized breed
I think your ostensible argument for your fishing of trying to find the tracker by looking for a role that was in the hound group sounds okay, but from a player with your skillset who has almost certainly played games where role names could be used by wolves, I found the push uncharacteristically short sighted of you. The fact that you revealed a role claim that I think is fake underscores that you probably had an inkling that your own role name shouldn't be on thread and that gives me pause.
So basically what you’re saying is I may have been right to be paranoid about pippy defending me all game lolAlright, bear with some tinfoil here because this is a wild ride.
I was reading back through thread yesterday and something about this post felt off to me:
It seemed like an organic thing to bring up in the moment, but the AKC groups mention felt off to me. I searched through the whole thread and the only mentions if it were either this post or me asking pippy AKC questions on thread yesterday. Every dead player so far has been an AKC recognized breed, but this is a dogs game and I thought at the time that it wasn't out of the question to have something dumb like a labradoodle or mutt somewhere in the mix.
I started digging through the list of dead players and they're all breeds recognized by the AKC (yes, I googled checked all of these lol). (The only iffy one is the Barbet, which is categorized as Miscellaneous by the AKC and is on its way to being fully recognized)
Aside from the above AKC conversation, I started taking a closer look at the double kill nights, and found this:
Killed N4
Killed N6
Killed last night
All players killed on double kill nights, all players that role revealed a breed on thread. I don't really know how these connect except to say that I think it's not necessarily a pattern of breeds that is related to double kill nights, and at least two of these role reveals were prompted by your fishing on thread.
And the above was your breed reveal - except this isn't an AKC recognized breed
I think your ostensible argument for your fishing of trying to find the tracker by looking for a role that was in the hound group sounds okay, but from a player with your skillset who has almost certainly played games where role names could be used by wolves, I found the push uncharacteristically short sighted of you. The fact that you revealed a role claim that I think is fake underscores that you probably had an inkling that your own role name shouldn't be on thread and that gives me pause.
If you've ever been personally victimized by pippy please raise your handSo basically what you’re saying is I may have been right to be paranoid about pippy defending me all game lol
I know it doesn’t. And they usually don’t with a group kill. But a special kill isn’t usually blocked.
A wolf that has their own kill EOD would be an example. Which we appear to have, with two kills on even nights. Except on N2. This is why I think there’s been a convert already.
And I mean blocked by the conversion. Not by a blocker
So if i understand this right, the special kill happened in even nights but the usual wolf kill got blocked by conversion in N2?
The group kill is generally unable to be done (what I was referring to as blocked) on conversion nights, yesSo if i understand this right, the special kill happened in even nights but the usual wolf kill got blocked by conversion in N2?
Pippy being wolf is a depressing option to deal with lol
Not entirely impossible though.Pippy being wolf is a depressing option to deal with lol
Everyone has been personally victimized by PippyIf you've ever been personally victimized by pippy please raise your hand
![]()
The trouble is she's just as much of a pain in the ass when she's a wolf or a villager, so I just don't know how much I buy it. I know literally nothing about dog breeds so like, no clue how much merit there is to all of the talk about breeds being relevant to what is going on nor whether Pippy's fishing matches up with any patternsPippy being wolf is a depressing option to deal with lol
Not entirely impossible though.
The trouble is she's just as much of a pain in the ass when she's a wolf or a villager, so I just don't know how much I buy it. I know literally nothing about dog breeds so like, no clue how much merit there is to all of the talk about breeds being relevant to what is going on nor whether Pippy's fishing matches up with any patterns
Pippy being wolf is a difficult scenario because she likes to powerwolf (and even strongly supported powerwolfing in her Afterparty game) and try to rally village to her side... and she posted a lot in this thread already.
But what I'm struggling to understand is why would she openly fish for breeds to puzzle things together? I know this sounds WIFOMy but that sounds like a complicated and indirect way to get power roles?
Also there's a possibility that wolves are aware Pippy is a smart, stylish and skilled villager to deal with and could be using her breed tinfoil theories to coordinate their kills accordingly and make her look bad?
Either a conversion or a blocked kill which would implicate Barks buuuuut Barks has been seered and I can't see why only one night kill would've been blocked and not both. So barks could be a wolf but is much lower on the scale of woofiness to me than others.This is why I said I think there may have been a conversion N2. Group kill isn’t usually allowed on conversion nights, but special kill be another wolf probably wouldn’t be.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Either a conversion or a blocked kill which would implicate Barks buuuuut Barks has been seered and I can't see why only one night kill would've been blocked and not both. So barks could be a wolf but is much lower on the scale of woofiness to me than others.
Is it because barky was seered? Or are there other reasons why?
I’ve alrwady gone through how you or barks could be a wolf and was shut down lolEither a conversion or a blocked kill which would implicate Barks buuuuut Barks has been seered and I can't see why only one night kill would've been blocked and not both. So barks could be a wolf but is much lower on the scale of woofiness to me than others.
And because he knew who the seer was, but the seer lived for several more days after itIs it because barky was seered? Or are there other reasons why?
You keep saying this to all the girls and it's making me feel less special 😢Pippy is a smart, stylish and skilled
Plot twist: lawper is a wolf and is trying to pocket all the ladies using complimentsYou keep saying this to all the girls and it's making me feel less special 😢
(This is a joke in case it wasn’t obvious)
Well, I told you my theories about Pip. What scares me is that Pip went after sporty which is how she got all the village cred, but didn't actually vote there at game time. That is seriously concerning for me and I've been worried about it for a few days in PM lol
Seered plus the way they've been playing (esp in PM's have seemed village) Maybe this particular noob is pulling one over on me in a spectacular way but I doubt it to be a large possibilityIs it because barky was seered? Or are there other reasons why?
The day sporty was lynched, or another day?Well, I told you my theories about Pip. What scares me is that Pip went after sporty which is how she got all the village cred, but didn't actually vote there at game time. That is seriously concerning for me and I've been worried about it for a few days in PM lol
Eh, I don't buy that as much as other scenarios. If I were a woof and I found out who the seer was I would definitely not kill them right away. The possibilities are endless. But that's very WIFOMAnd because he knew who the seer was, but the seer lived for several more days after it
She lynched sport the day before sporty was lynched, but not lynch day I thinkThe day sporty was lynched, or another day?
She lynched her the day of sports lynchShe lynched sport the day before sporty was lynched, but not lynch day I think
Can I pretty please have a tally?
Before you evenShe lynched sport the day before sporty was lynched, but not lynch day I think
Did she? Oh wait it was way later or something. Ugh idk, I know nothingShe lynched her the day of sports lynch
There is a lovely table of contents where such things can be checked lolTable of Contents
N1 - no one gone?
D1 - mutts and skilary vanished
N2 - cheez dragged off in the night
D2 - grebes the Aussie locked away
N3 - jaboo and AM drag each other away into the distance
D3 - sporty spice the Icie dragged away by the mob
N4 - stagg the Papillon and shelter the sheltie disappear
D4 - MLP the mini longhaired doxie gone
N5 - dolphin the Basenji disappears in the night
D5 - crayons pushed into the distance
N6 - Paws the Flat Coated Retriever and MSU escape into the night
D6 - capri pulled off into the distance
N7 - no one is gone
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
These are not actually links lol wtf do I do?There is a lovely table of contents where such things can be checked lol
The day is hyperlinkedThese are not actually links lol wtf do I do?
Can I pretty please have a tally?
Caiter (1)- Coopah
Beagle (2)- Pippy, Lawper
that’s it.
Interesting, this makes me want to back off caiter and look harder at PipThey don't, though.
idk, clearly I'm reasonably ok with a Sporty lynch, but I don't think it should be based off of role alone.
It feels weird to me that both of you are trying to push that logic so hard
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5K
- Views
- 101K
