WWho Let the Dogs Out? - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You do realize that every confirmed wolf in this game shaded me at least once, right? Just checking.
Sure but that seems pretty WIFOM to me, wolves would likely shade other wolves. Also by my count you haven't held a vote at the end of the day since day 1. So wolves might have shaded you but avoided actually voting for you,
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What about the possibility that I actually just strike people as village?
Apparently not but you just don't strike me as village. Maybe it's crazy noob brain, not knowing your meta or whatever, but between the fishing, and my feels you've just never left my possible woof list :shrug:
 
Night 8
g6yrdgvawpj11.jpg

There was no doubt - zigzagoon was an adorable pup. The knowledge that she could turn on the charm and save herself made her bold. Once she no longer had to be worried about the mob of doggos dragging her off, she knew she could focus on sniffing out the bad pupperinos.
But being so adorable comes with a price - maybe those naughty dogs were jealous of her cuteness. Maybe they just didn't like the way she flaunted her innocence. Either way, when all the pups awoke in the morning, zigzag was nowhere to be found.

And she wasn't the only one - allie had been a little quieter today, perhaps just taking a breather from the hard work of wolf hunting. The rest of the pups might have momentarily forgotten about her, but clearly someone had not. There were signs of a struggle around her empty kennel.

Gone are
@ziggyandjazzy - West Highland White Terrier
, a villager who could convince the mods to tell her affiliation to the player of her choice
and
@allieh8607 - Keeshond, a vanilla villager

It is now Day 8. Lynch deadline is 10pm EST.

8 players remain.

The Agility Arena
2. @Mad Jack
3. @Lawper

The Show Ring
Empty

The Rally Course
13. @Coopah
14. @Barkley13
15. @Caiter92

The Dock Diving Pool
16. @Beagle-Brigade
19. @vetmedhead

The Barn Hunt Course
23. @PippyPony

Gone
9. Skimble - Anatolian Shepherd
24. muttmanager - Norwegian Lundehund
8. Melchizedek - Rottweiler
10. grebes4lyfe - Australian Shepherd
7. johnnaboo - Barbet
22. Animal Midwife/SARdoghandler - Irish Wolfhound
5. SportPonies - Icelandic Sheepdog
12. Stagg737 - Papillon
20. sheltermed - Shetland Sheepdog
6. mypetmoose - Miniature Longhaired Dachshund
11. dolphin106258 - Basenji
4. Crayola227 - Airedale Terrier
1. StayingPositive2017 - Flat Coated Retriever
21. MSUcvmHOPE - Tibetan Spaniel

26. capri1722 - Bernese Mountain Dog
18. Matthew9Thirtyfive - Otterhound
17. allieh8607 - Keeshond
25. ziggyandjazzy - West Highland White Terrier

​
 
For some bizzare reason coop decided to PM with me and ask me my reads, and I told her I wouldn’t be surprised if MJ was the concert because he loves to be converted and people love to convert him, cause he can throw around crazy ideas as both a wolf and villager and have it not pan out, and still talk his way out of being sketch. Trying to use village vs villager with me is a great example of that.

I’m leaning more towards that now
 
For some bizzare reason coop decided to PM with me and ask me my reads, and I told her I wouldn’t be surprised if MJ was the concert because he loves to be converted and people love to convert him, cause he can throw around crazy ideas as both a wolf and villager and have it not pan out, and still talk his way out of being sketch. Trying to use village vs villager with me is a great example of that.

I’m leaning more towards that now
Yeah let's not convert hunt rn k?

Why the **** was allieh night killed? I had her on my sketch list still. It's gotta be some sort of restriction on the woofs part.
 
*******
I knew my days were numbered! But I didn't know they were this numbered!!
Apparently I can only play WW if m# also plays WW
Sko villagers
*******
 
My reads are:

Villagey
- Alli (timing of tennis ball makes sense, wolf hunting and such)
- VMH (I have relatively few notes on compared to the amount they post, no bad feels or glaring red flags)
- Barkley (seered)
- Coopah (seered, I'm not into the unseerable wolf theory because their posts and other play seem very village to me. When we get down in number I may come back to this though)

Not enough info
- MJ

Wolf-y
- Pippy (still, same reasons, sorry)
- Lawper (feelz mostly, lead the sporty lynch but otherwise feels sketchy to me)
- Cartier (strongest wolf feels, see above)
Sad seeing as how Alli just flipped village but why on Earth did you use timing of the tennis ball as your reasoning?? That was the sketchiest thing about her??

Also wtf? You have vmh as village because there's no glaring red flags? Horrible is that a real read?

Also lol because I seem village to anyone at all is laughable at this point.

What do you think of mjs reveal? Is that enough info?

Lawper also went after capri, what do you think about that?

Ok you're on the chopping block today nooblet. I expect actual defense in the form of aggressive woof hunting with sound logic to get off it if you're village. Good luck
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah let's not convert hunt rn k?

Why the **** was allieh night killed? I had her on my sketch list still. It's gotta be some sort of restriction on the woofs part.
but why. This is sketchy MJ is alive right now. Allie was looking sketch to a lot of people. She would be easy to get lynched. MJ was seemingly cleared. You don’t keep those people around.

There’s probably 2 wolves left, maybe 3 as a stretch. We’re down to 8. Villagers (I’m sorry, the village according to MJ) is ****ed if a wolf isn’t lynched today. And it’s not freaking me
 
Dude I don't even know how you're still coming across this sketch to me, but this post wants to make me lynch you right now lol
... Ok maybe it's not even me. Like maybe there an invisible fairy floating around just splashing sketch on to everything I say or do? I honestly don't even know what it is. I just give up. I'm the sketchiest player to ever exist ever
 
but why. This is sketchy MJ is alive right now. Allie was looking sketch to a lot of people. She would be easy to get lynched. MJ was seemingly cleared. You don’t keep those people around.

There’s probably 2 wolves left, maybe 3 as a stretch. We’re down to 8. Villagers (I’m sorry, the village according to MJ) is ****ed if a wolf isn’t lynched today. And it’s not freaking me
@PippyPony is this sketchy? No just me? Grumble grumble
 
Devil's advocate again: wolves didn't kill villager MJ because they know he won't participate enough to get a lynch off the ground, and also knew it would look hella sketch that he was mostly cleared but still alive
Okay this is valid lol but that man can talk himself out of anything so I still don’t trust him
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sad seeing as how Alli just flipped village but why on Earth did you use timing of the tennis ball as your reasoning?? That was the sketchiest thing about her??

Also wtf? You have vmh as village because there's no glaring red flags? Horrible is that a real read?

Also lol because I seem village to anyone at all is laughable at this point.

What do you think of mjs reveal? Is that enough info?

Lawper also went after capri, what do you think about that?
The Item use timing made sense to me once she explained it because I understand not being around for new years and then using it after there had been a double kill in night 6. I can see why you think it was sketchy but her whole explanation of why she did it that way left me feeling very village so that is why I quoted it as my main reason. But, now that she flipped you're right her read's not a big deal.

To me no red flags for vmh means her voting record looks unremarkable, none of her posts or theories have stood out as sketchy, and she seems to be hunting wolves. Isn't that pretty villagey?

MJ's reveal isn't enough info for me. It could be a good cover story. I have no way to prove it true but he would have an incentive for lying because his name was increasingly being thrown around. Add to that the fact he made it through the night kill and it makes me more concerned but, as others have said, I still wouldn't put him in the wolfy category because he would be easy for the wolves to keep around til the end as he doesn't help wolf hunt. The wolves probably spared him to hunt for abilities that are still in play and are a bigger threat to them.

As a villager I'll do my best to put more evidence in my reads tomorrow, but for now I sleep 😴
 
but why. This is sketchy MJ is alive right now. Allie was looking sketch to a lot of people. She would be easy to get lynched. MJ was seemingly cleared. You don’t keep those people around.

There’s probably 2 wolves left, maybe 3 as a stretch. We’re down to 8. Villagers (I’m sorry, the village according to MJ) is ****ed if a wolf isn’t lynched today. And it’s not freaking me
I'm also the easiest person to throw under the bus of any WW player, and I'm highly inactive so I'm not the best villager. Wolves have killed me exactly once in three years because of this combination of factors
 
The Item use timing made sense to me once she explained it because I understand not being around for new years and then using it after there had been a double kill in night 6.
But...there had also been a double kill on N4, so I'm not sure why using it after the double kill on N6 makes you feel better about it.

That logic just doesn't make any sense to me

I know we didn't get into the mechanics of your role too much in the last game since you were lynched so early, but typically it's best to use something like a night cancel as soon as possible. If it's not used, it dies with the role, so if the player who has it gets killed, it's basically a wasted opportunity to stop a night kill.

I typically don't use it on N1 because that's a good info gathering night as all of the abilities in the game are at full strength, but considering that she got it N3 or something, it probably would have been good to use it immediately. In fact, had she used it as soon as she got it, we'd probably still have some valuable players alive.

Sometimes also not a good idea to use it N2 because it can block rezzes if there are any, but we know those are not in play because those DEFINITELY should have been used by this point if they were.

I can kind of see her argument about not wanting to stop info gathering after the cray lynch, and tbh as a villager I sorta hate night cancel...but considering that I think we probably have more vanilla people alive than role holders right now, I also don't think the benefits of gathering information outweighed the value of stopping a night kill (or two, depending on the night) earlier in the game.
 
I'm also the easiest person to throw under the bus of any WW player, and I'm highly inactive so I'm not the best villager. Wolves have killed me exactly once in three years because of this combination of factors
So...maybe don't let wolves throw you under the bus?

Honestly, it's kind of frustrating that you're alive going into end game, because I feel like we need people who are going to be engaged, at least at a basal level of wolf hunting.
 
@vetmedhead I'd like to hear your dog show theory.

I thought I found a pattern in the double kills yesterday, because 2/4 of the players in the last double kills were non-sporting group dogs (keeshond, Tibetan spaniel)...but the papillon (toy) and sheltie (herding) kill night renders that theory inaccurate.
 
I wish wolves had killed me. I hope they thought they were being nice by leaving me alive since I haven't played in a while...but I'd prefer to be dead right now lol

Generally when I live this long, it means I'm providing enough of a vocal distraction and/or my reads are so bad that they think I'm going to win the game for them :lame: :dead:
 
So...maybe don't let wolves throw you under the bus?

Honestly, it's kind of frustrating that you're alive going into end game, because I feel like we need people who are going to be engaged, at least at a basal level of wolf hunting.
I love you too
I wish wolves had killed me. I hope they thought they were being nice by leaving me alive since I haven't played in a while...but I'd prefer to be dead right now lol

Generally when I live this long, it means I'm providing enough of a vocal distraction and/or my reads are so bad that they think I'm going to win the game for them :lame: :dead:
I know that feel, ugh
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wish wolves had killed me. I hope they thought they were being nice by leaving me alive since I haven't played in a while...but I'd prefer to be dead right now lol

Generally when I live this long, it means I'm providing enough of a vocal distraction and/or my reads are so bad that they think I'm going to win the game for them :lame: :dead:
Or you are the woof, just saying.

Ok who hasn't checked in today?
@Barkley13
@Caiter92 I need more thoughts from you
@Beagle-Brigade have you placed a lynch vote?
@Lawper come on we need more discussion!
@vetmedhead yo who are your top suspects and why?
 
Or you are the woof, just saying.

Ok who hasn't checked in today?
@Barkley13
@Caiter92 I need more thoughts from you
@Beagle-Brigade have you placed a lynch vote?
@Lawper come on we need more discussion!
@vetmedhead yo who are your top suspects and why?
What exactly do you want? I’ve given you all the info I have, I posted ideas after night close last night. I don’t think you’re really going to believe anything I have to say, to be honest.
 
I'm also the easiest person to throw under the bus of any WW player, and I'm highly inactive so I'm not the best villager. Wolves have killed me exactly once in three years because of this combination of factors
you’re also real good at talking yourself out of situations with some crazy logic, and could just as easily be a wolf.