Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yup there's like at least two? I made one...
Beagle (1)- Lawper
that’s it. (Unless there’s contingencies I need to go check)
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yup there's like at least two? I made one...
Beagle (1)- Lawper
that’s it. (Unless there’s contingencies I need to go check)
I find it SO interesting that you would say this.All players killed on double kill nights, all players that role revealed a breed on thread. I don't really know how these connect except to say that I think it's not necessarily a pattern of breeds that is related to double kill nights, and at least two of these role reveals were prompted by your fishing on thread.
I know! I had never heard of it. It's cute. Even for a terrier 😛And the above was your breed reveal - except this isn't an AKC recognized breed![]()
And this is the part where I am going to refer you to *your own post* about cover roles, plus a bonus post from paws.The fact that you revealed a role claim that I think is fake underscores that you probably had an inkling that your own role name shouldn't be on thread and that gives me pause.
I want to toss this out here but Finn and Ski strongly believe that village code should not be a thing and simply finding out dog breeds of players will almost certainly not be useful in this game. I also want to add that even if they did decide to make "sketchy" seeming breeds the wolves, they have also been known to provide cover roles with role descriptions to wolves in the past. So, again, maybe not going to be productive for us to figure out role names.
As a hard reminder all: Finn and Ski give the wolves cover roles
You know, at least when I accused you of being a wolf I had reasons and had read back through most of your posts to decide if you were sketch before that lolInteresting, this makes me want to back off caiter and look harder at Pip
I would like an answer to this at some point. Because even when I'm villager (like now yes yes, sketchy) no matter what I do I'm sketchtastic!Y is coop always so sketchy tho. Basically all of my notes about her are "sketchy sketchy sketchy seered at some point sketchy sketchy"
Yup, I was actually not around until much later in the day.Did she? Oh wait it was way later or something. Ugh idk, I know nothing
Yeah yeah yeahYou know, at least when I accused you of being a wolf I had reasons and had read back through most of your posts to decide if you were sketch before that lol
Yeah I went and re-readYup, I was actually not around until much later in the day.
But yes, I was also an early lynch on her the previous day.
You think it makes sense to lynch someone solely because their ability is similar to another ability?Interesting, this makes me want to back off caiter and look harder at Pip
No, what she's saying is directly in opposition to her own prior logic. LolSo basically what you’re saying is I may have been right to be paranoid about pippy defending me all game lol
Interesting for sure if it's the mechanism of revealing on thread that enables the extra kill, had anyone revealed by night two? I feel like with the mechanism there's usually some level of uncertainty so they can't just plow through the villager population. But they've been pretty freaking consistent except one night. In Lion King for example I made it so they had to find the Lion characters to get their extra killsI find it SO interesting that you would say this.
(As an aside, if role revealing itself on thread was in fact the mechanism for enabling double kills...then I just want to say that it makes me sad. I genuinely was excited to talk about dogs and engage with the theme of the game. It also gives me a fun mental picture to go along with players. After allie stated her breed, for example, I had an image in my head of a little spectacle-faced, fluffy keeshond trotting around every time she posted 😳)
I know! I had never heard of it. It's cute. Even for a terrier 😛
And this is the part where I am going to refer you to *your own post* about cover roles, plus a bonus post from paws.
Explain to me why you think:
1) cover roles are almost definitely a thing and role name means nothing...until you want to throw me under the bus, at which point there are no cover roles and role name does mean something
2) I am stupid enough (or risk-averse enough) as a wolf to fake claim with a role name that does not fit in with any of the observable criteria of dead player roles. There are literally hundreds of dog breeds to choose from if I wanted to make something up.
How often is it though that two abilities are similar and both are village, though? Sports ability was just different enough I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, and it totally back fired on me.You think it makes sense to lynch someone solely because their ability is similar to another ability?
Aaaaand this is why I put some duplicative roles into Afterparty. LolHow often is it though that two abilities are similar and both are village, though? Sports ability was just different enough I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, and it totally back fired on me.
But really. Are two seers in a game both usually village? Two trackers? Etc. Not that I recall
@SportPonies @Melchizedek maybe this is what you were supposed to do in the Sega game
Well, I told you my theories about Pip. What scares me is that Pip went after sporty which is how she got all the village cred, but didn't actually vote there at game time. That is seriously concerning for me and I've been worried about it for a few days in PM lol
The day sporty was lynched, or another day?
She lynched sport the day before sporty was lynched, but not lynch day I think
She lynched her the day of sports lynch
The answer is no. No on role revealed before N2. Since then they've had all of Pip's reveals to go off of if that is in fact the way they get their extra killInteresting for sure if it's the mechanism of revealing on thread that enables the extra kill, had anyone revealed by night two? I feel like with the mechanism there's usually some level of uncertainty so they can't just plow through the villager population. But they've been pretty freaking consistent except one night. In Lion King for example I made it so they had to find the Lion characters to get their extra kills

Yes, it looks like gebes role revealed to their group PM N1. So johnaboo would have known their role for a two kill night N2The answer is no. No on role revealed before N2. Since then they've had all of Pip's reveals to go off of if that is in fact the way they get their extra kill![]()
That's also very ill-advised, imo -- even if you are unseerable, the rest of your pack is not. LolEh, I don't buy that as much as other scenarios. If I were a woof and I found out who the seer was I would definitely not kill them right away. The possibilities are endless. But that's very WIFOM
Hm I'm wondering if that counted? Are you sure it was a full reveal? I thought grebes only said something like I'm a herding breed not the actual breedYes, it looks like gebes role revealed to their group PM N1. So johnaboo would have known their role for a two kill night N2
In which case congratulations to the wolves, my apologies to the dead, and I reiterate that I am sad to be penalized for being excited to talk about dogs.The answer is no. No on role revealed before N2. Since then they've had all of Pip's reveals to go off of if that is in fact the way they get their extra kill![]()
I’m not sure what you’re trying to imply here? Also, you asked us all last night to prove that we’re not wolves, but can you prove you’re not a wolf?
I told you that I am not a wolf, I’m a dog. You asked for more, so I told you that I’m a breed that would protect sheep from things like wolves. I did NOT say this as a way to claim any protector role. Literally just describing my breed.
Someone approached me last night and I herded them into a corner. I was able to open a PM with them. I don’t want to reveal who it was until I get some answers from them, but if I don’t hear from them soon then I’ll probably change my lynch vote.
I feel like this is probably already giving too much away D1, but you seem to want to sway the vote onto me.
It was in the group PM—Mel asked us all to prove we weren’t wolves. Someone said “I’m a dog, not a wolf” and he said “works for me!” And then when I tried to say “same” he was like, “nope, excuse taken. Need more”
So the “dog-not-wolf” thing was kind of tongue-in-cheek. So I was cheeky back and was like “I’m not a wolf since I’m the kind of dog that protects sheep from wolves”
Didn’t mean it as a way to claim any role, im just a type of sheep dog (which is why I was able to herd whoever approached me).
I mean, you also sorta implied you were a shepherd, so why aren't you dead 😛Hm I'm wondering if that counted? Are you sure it was a full reveal? I thought grebes only said something like I'm a herding breed not the actual breed
I quoted the posts. Now I’m not sure if they actually told them their breed or just said they were a sheep dog lolHm I'm wondering if that counted? Are you sure it was a full reveal? I thought grebes only said something like I'm a herding breed not the actual breed
Cause I'm not a shepherd and the theory is that you need the exact breed name not just shepherdI mean, you also sorta implied you were a shepherd, so why aren't you dead 😛
They might've tried it and failed?I quoted the posts. Now I’m not sure if they actually told them their breed or just said they were a sheep dog lol
I don't think it's villager code, though - because thus far it's consistent across every player, not just villagers.I find it SO interesting that you would say this.
(As an aside, if role revealing itself on thread was in fact the mechanism for enabling double kills...then I just want to say that it makes me sad. I genuinely was excited to talk about dogs and engage with the theme of the game. It also gives me a fun mental picture to go along with players. After allie stated her breed, for example, I had an image in my head of a little spectacle-faced, fluffy keeshond trotting around every time she posted 😳)
I know! I had never heard of it. It's cute. Even for a terrier 😛
And this is the part where I am going to refer you to *your own post* about cover roles, plus a bonus post from paws.
Explain to me why you think:
1) cover roles are almost definitely a thing and role name means nothing...until you want to throw me under the bus, at which point there are no cover roles and role name does mean something
2) I am stupid enough (or risk-averse enough) as a wolf to fake claim with a role name that does not fit in with any of the observable criteria of dead player roles. There are literally hundreds of dog breeds to choose from if I wanted to make something up.
I don't like this because it doesn't mention any of the wolves at allI have village feels about coopah, paws, lawper, matty ice, allieh.
Not sure of cray or AM/SAR because I’m still getting used to their style.
Wolf feels for stagg, pippy, and maybe even moose... But these are mostly based on gut feeling so as they post more I’m sure this list will change
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
this one tooAllright buckle your seatbelts because I have to run to a NYE party so I'm going to dump some reads and run (then hopefully check in a bit on mobile until lynch close and night is over).
Village leans: VMH (hunting and helpful), Matty ice (playing like last game), Alleih (logical, no red flags)
Wolf leans:
Pip - Sorry beloved manator but your play style strikes me as sketchy and the whole thing about trying to get people to role reveal after AM/SAR took out jboo. I can only see how that would benefit wolves, if I'm wrong please let me know.
MPM - "Didn't want to start anything" early on, then I didn't love the logic used to vote lawpy and the reluctance to join the sporty vote. The biggest red flag to me was the dramatic defensiveness and role reveal below when there were literally no votes against her? However, I mixed up noob with wolf with grebes for similar reasons.... But I have to go with my gut and sorry you're the wolfiest to me rn
Lynch MPM
Jumped on the sporty lynch after she already had a lot of votes and about an hour before sporty outted herself. But at the same time was saying she was open to other candidates and was doubting staggCoopah I’m with you that we need to consider all of our options but logically to me village gains the most concrete info going forward if we lynch sporty. If you have another suspect that was listed in the Cujo post or not then I’m all ears.
But based on a combo of my own feels towards sporty, my general good feels for stagg, and wanting more solid info going forward I’m down to join the bandwagon for now. It’s possible we are all playing into stagg’s hand but at least we’ll know one way or the other at the end of the day ♀️
###Lynch sporty###
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
This was questioned a lot because it wasn't like the sporty lynch at all... her responses also bothered me when questioned about it. She just kept saying that it made sense from what had been said in the previous days but there hadn't really been much discussion about cray.That's an over statement, I meant that I haven't seen anything strongly against Bark's info to doubt it. Sure it could have come from biased dead players, or wolves, or heck just be made up, but it lines up with too much of what other players including dolphin have said. I also didn't have a read on cray on way or the other before all this.
My biggest impression right now is that this feels like the sporty lynch to me so I'm okay jumping on
I don't know how to feel about how this vote made it a three way tie between capri,I mean I have to forgive Pippy because I broke the manator/manatee sacred bond by calling her out as sketchy a few time. I'm wondering if the fact that I one of the only people with her on a sketch list is contributing to her wolfy feels of me?
Going through my (messy, confusing, poorly colour coordinated) notes I don't see the argument for Lawpy. Sheep-y following of the leading lynch votes D1 and D2 maybe but based on the long explanation she just linked it all sounded logical to me. If it's just feels I get that but it's not where my feels are.
Right now my strongest feels are for capri. I'll search their posts and try to add to my notes to put my finger on why I feel that way.
Lynch Capri
Expanding on my Capri feels:
- Flipped from Mel (a joke vote) to grebes last minute on D1
- The stuck with grebes on D2 even though they never explain reasons on D1?
- Interpreted a post from Alliegh as wolfy when that was not at all my understanding of it (the one about wolves being noobs). My impression was that it was to manufacture suspicion
- The couple "if I was a wolf" and not bussing other wolves posts yesterday are probably the root of the feels I'm getting
@capri1722 thoughts?
I didn't notice this the first time. @Beagle-Brigade why did you think this?Sorry Cait, I was reading on the phone and totally missed noting it when I switched to look at me reads on my computer. (I think, that or I have the memory of a goldfish). Speaking of reads I'll post a more recent version on mine when I get home from class and (with greater attention to detail hopefully) catch up!
Yeah, if they had gained or used an item there would be more to go on for sure. I figured if they got an item before they might be a candidate to have another.
I know people keep telling me to stop convert hunting, but like, it has to have happened by now. N2 is the only night the pattern we’ve been seeing hasn’t happened. That’s why I’m pushing so hard for people to consider they have converted already and mods just didn’t add it to the write up. They’ve been overall pretty short, and not like multiparagraph stories filled with little hints about night actions (which btw mods I appreciate because I never read the big ones and would miss all those lol), so it’s not surprising they wouldn’t have included info about a conversion in them.They might've tried it and failed?
Also they weren't a sheep dog, they wereI quoted the posts. Now I’m not sure if they actually told them their breed or just said they were a sheep dog lol
They said sheep dog in that post, I was just wondering if they had expanded more in their group. But true, wolves probably wouldn’t have guessed Aussie from sheep dog as a hint if that’s all gebes gave to their groupAlso they weren't a sheep dog, they were
grebes4lyfe - Australian Shepherd
This is LITERALLY villager code.You're not stupid, but you are usually bold. It's why I'm vexed by your whole fishing process and having the one role in the game that is apparently not an AKC recognized breed.
Do you hear me complaining that my role doesn't make sense? You're putting words into my mouth, and I am increasingly concerned that what is actually going on here is that you are building up momentum to lynch me today for the win.Interpreting any role claim that feels off is really WIFOM-y really quickly in any game that expressly forewarns about trying to use village code. It gives a lot of latitude to make a ton of miscellaneous role claims and then decry how unfair it is that you got a role that doesn't make sense just because the mods hate village code
@Barkley13
You still getting anything “from beyond”?
For another theory lol
I'm sorry, what?No it was just the one night after I used the item.
Dolphin got the item the night after me and would've gotten an answer the night she died if that helps lol
N1 - I received a red box and was told there was someone in the corner that I could say a sentence plus a picture to and it would go to places beyond
N2 - decided with Stagg, dolphin, and coop to ask “what were your night results” along with a picture of a village block. Got confirmation it was sent to places beyond
N3 - received a response that was a picture of a box of crayons with a red circle around it and crossed out
So with that I’m going to
Lynch cray
Last night (what we just received results for) was night 5. Can you confirm your timeline of what night these things happened? So you started the game on the long night with box thing?
Oops I got it on night 2 actually. So everything is shifted one night. I didn’t say anything immediately because I wanted to talk to my PM partners first and the plan was for dolphin to look into cray last night (night 5)
Well at first we weren’t exactly sure who we were asking so we were just trying to come up with a question that wouldn’t get a yes/no answer and once it was clarified that it would go to “places beyond” we narrowed it down to that question. It could be Mel’s results or since it wasn’t really submitted until the end of N3 and answered N4 i guess it’s possible it could be AM’s too.
I knew barks had the item but I knew nothing about dolphin having the item afterI'm sorry, what?
@Coopah can you corroborate that?
You're completely skipping the part where I said this is consistent across village and wolf players. Like I said, it's vexingThis is LITERALLY villager code.
Do you hear me complaining that my role doesn't make sense? You're putting words into my mouth, and I am increasingly concerned that what is actually going on here is that you are building up momentum to lynch me today for the win.
Oh I'm sorry, I must have mistaken that for the part where you said roles don't matter, or the part where a confirmed wolf also meets your diagnostic criteria for an unacceptable role for this game.You're completely skipping the part where I said this is consistent across village and wolf players. Like I said, it's vexing
So, nobody who is still alive -- other than you -- has any information about the veracity of the statement you just made?We were talking about it in the PM with me, stagg, and dolphin that we tried to add coop to but couldn't because stagg didn't add dubz to the PM
correctSo, nobody who is still alive -- other than you -- has any information about the veracity of the statement you just made?
You're getting awfully bent out of shape about thisOh I'm sorry, I must have mistaken that for the part where you said roles don't matter, or the part where a confirmed wolf also meets your diagnostic criteria for an unacceptable role for this game.
I can confirm this however there was a lot of discussion between dolphin and barks trying to add me to the other chat with the mods and the mods confirming it can't be doneWe were talking about it in the PM with me, stagg, and dolphin that we tried to add coop to but couldn't because stagg didn't add dubz to the PM
Considering pip was also trying to find a pattern with the extra night kills, I find her respond a bit too sassy as well.You're getting awfully bent out of shape about this
Also - miscellaneous is in fact an AKC class, so the confirmed wolf role does fit with what I was discussing
I can confirm this however there was a lot of discussion between dolphin and barks trying to add me to the other chat with the mods and the mods confirming it can't be done
I’ve already done this so I’ll help lolIf bagle is a woof it clears pip if not lynch her next. If we have the chance. And with that I need to calculate lylo
I do? **** lolThat being said, I think we shouldn’t role reveal on thread anymore in case VMH is right about how the double kills have been working.
You better not be a wolf coop lol cause you know my role now
I'm getting bent out of shape because you're suddenly being obtuse, and it feels like you're gearing up to push a lynch on me later today.You're getting awfully bent out of shape about this
Also - miscellaneous is in fact an AKC class, so the confirmed wolf role does fit with what I was discussing
Yes, I told you last night lolI do? **** lol
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.