2011-2012 Florida State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
No, no you won't.

Besides, Michigan fans are too aloof normally. The notre dame game was the first time in a while I've seen a Michigan fan put their wine glass down and cheer.

HA! Well, the students definitely aren't like that. Ann Arbor completely erupted that night. That game was amazing. I wasn't a football fan at all before I came here.

We also haven't had a ton to cheer about anyway in the past few years...

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
hey everyone, just checking in here from a M2.

Hope everyone is doing great!! :laugh:
Just trying to survive this year!!

The upstair gym is really nice, good place to burn off some tension and watch TV. I use it regularly.

if you have any questions about stuff, you can contact me. but I might take some time to answer back

PS. SisterDisco08: :p

Good luck to everyone.. Now I go back to studying
Go Noles!! beat those Sooners

Sister disco...the students are totally like that. I know a ton of people who went there and they admitted to it!

I have heard that alumni get pretty snotty. But current students aren't like that at all. I mean...I go/live here.

But back to fsucom!

I have heard that alumni get pretty snotty. But current students aren't like that at all. I mean...I go/live here.

But back to fsucom!

I've been to a game there in the past. You just need to venture off to some other schools and see their student sections. :p

I'm at FSUCOM every day! Well, kind of. Actually, I'm at different hospitals and then at a regional campus building once a week. Similar though.

Depends what you mean by "down there". College hockey isn't big down here. I'd venture to say most people couldn't tell you what the frozen four is, let alone what teams were in it.

Pro-hockey has a pretty big following for a warm state. Lots of Tampa Lightning fans. I'm friends with a girl in the law school who is religious about watching her games. She even drove to Tampa for a playoff game a few days before an exam...but that is law school for you. ;)

Pensacola actually has a minor league hockey team...kind of excited to go to some games. Too bad the rules have made it less violent. I like the the old school toothless hockey head types.

But back to fsucom!

:confused:..why would U Mich alums get snotty??

RD invites going out this week :xf::xf::xf:

:confused:..why would U Mich alums get snotty??

RD invites going out this week :xf::xf::xf:

They always were. It just seems more obvious once they graduate and are surrounded by the mental midgets from other schools. ;)

Depends what you mean by "down there". College hockey isn't big down here. I'd venture to say most people couldn't tell you what the frozen four is, let alone what teams were in it.

:eek:*gasp!*

haha I don't know if I can handle florida if that's the case!

Members don't see this ad :)
They always were. It just seems more obvious once they graduate and are surrounded by the mental midgets from other schools. ;)

I mean, it's a good school, but it's not like graduating from Princeton. We all like to think we're special snowflakes I guess :).

"You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else, and we are all a part of the same compost pile."

^Ten points if you guess what this quote is from :).

I mean, it's a good school, but it's not like graduating from Princeton. We all like to think we're special snowflakes I guess :).

"You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else, and we are all a part of the same compost pile."

fight club.

hahaha never ever ever say this to anyone who goes here. you will probably get murdered.

"harvard of the west" and "public ivy" are pretty much the unofficial slogans, as if "hail to the victors" "leaders and best" "the michigan difference" weren't enough.

The sense of entitlement, etc is pretty nauseating around here.

Last edited:
I've been to a game there in the past. You just need to venture off to some other schools and see their student sections. :p

I'm at FSUCOM every day! Well, kind of. Actually, I'm at different hospitals and then at a regional campus building once a week. Similar though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_Stadium#Attendance_records

Scroll up a bit and the yellow slice is the student section.

haha I wanted to post this the other day but I was posting from my phone. Idk, I guess it might just be a college football loyalty thing, but I don't think you can find a rowdier crowd in college football than in the Big House. Unless you go to a Michigan hockey game--those get pretty ugly.

In other news, my app is finally under review!

Penn State student section. Even during slop games they are consistently packed. I know there is bias involved, but several different student section rankings put them at the top. Michigan is still on the list...just a few schools lower. ;)

The problem with the stadium, before the recent addition, was that while the attendance record was huge, it was a big shallow bowl. The sound just went up and was never very loud on the field. I have friends that played on several other Big 10 teams that even stated how surprised they were with the relatively low level of noise for the crowd size. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvLKszZAx4Y&feature=related

That is a day game where they haven't even gotten to drink all day.

Anyway, applications, interviews, yada yada yada. Hope they are going well for everyone. :p

Last edited:
hahaha never ever ever say this to anyone who goes here. you will probably get murdered.

"harvard of the west" and "public ivy" are pretty much the unofficial slogans, as if "hail to the victors" "leaders and best" "the michigan difference" weren't enough.

The sense of entitlement, etc is pretty nauseating around here.

:laugh:, I'll make sure I don't.

Interesting. Again, great school, but "Harvard of the west" is a bit silly. I would agree with "public ivy", but about 5 or 6 schools down on the list. Of course, people here like to think we're awesome too, and refer to us as "Harvard of the south". :smack: SMH

Interesting. Again, great school, but "Harvard of the west" is a bit silly. I would agree with "public ivy", but about 5 or 6 schools down on the list. Of course, people here like to think we're awesome too, and refer to us as "Harvard of the south". :smack: SMH

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc5vN2XReWs[/YOUTUBE]

"Anything that's the 'Something of the Something,' isn't really the anything of anything." :laugh:

I mean...i'm still trying to figure out the part where michigan is "west"

[YOUTUBE]"Anything that's the 'Something of the Something,' isn't really the anything of anything." :laugh:

Does that mean if we start calling Harvard "the Yale of Massachusetts," then Harvard doesn't count anymore?

(Blasphemy... I know :laugh:)

Same here!!! Soooooooo excited!!! :soexcited:
I interviewed on the last day of EDP (last monday)

Congrats to you!! We are classmates!!!!

Also best wishes to those who are still waiting! All your hard work will get paid off eventually! Trust me!:thumbup:

Congrats to you!! We are classmates!!!!

Also best wishes to those who are still waiting! All your hard work will get paid off eventually! Trust me!:thumbup:

Thanks and same to you! See you at the end of May!

Was on hold for almost 7 months last year, so this is such a relief. Good luck to everyone in the regular decision pool!

Thanks and same to you! See you at the end of May!

Was on hold for almost 7 months last year, so this is such a relief. Good luck to everyone in the regular decision pool!

Oh man, I feel you from that hold list--that was AWFUL.

Congrats to everyone!! Hope to be joining you soon!!!!! AHH!

guys are we drs yet? :(

Just wait till third year when it feels like you are so close, yet you still have the two years left.

The only benefit is that third year really does go very fast. I can't believe I've been doing it for 12 weeks already. You keep expecting to feel smarter, but it never seems to come. Also, the second half of MS4 is just a painful countdown to the match with a few rotations thrown in.

Just wait till third year when it feels like you are so close, yet you still have the two years left.

The only benefit is that third year really does go very fast. I can't believe I've been doing it for 12 weeks already. You keep expecting to feel smarter, but it never seems to come. Also, the second half of MS4 is just a painful countdown to the match with a few rotations thrown in.

Still in your psych rotation? You chose the Pensacola campus, right? How many students are out there with you?

Still in your psych rotation? You chose the Pensacola campus, right? How many students are out there with you?

First off, congrats.

And yep, Pensacola campus. I have two more weeks on psych and then off to family medicine. We have 20 students at Pensacola this year. Next year's class supposedly filled it all up and actually has a waitlist. (People shift around a lot for the first few months)

I really couldn't have asked for more with most of my attendings. I have hard time believing my friends have played tennis or been invited to watch football or have dinner with their docs at other schools. While I know I won't be going into psych, I have enjoyed my time with the docs tremendously. I just can't wait to have more patient interaction and contribution. Psychiatry gets a bad rap, but it is a field with a good amount of medicine and tons of neuropharmacology, as well as interesting pathology. The nature of the rotation lends itself to observation, which is somewhat painful for an ADD person like myself.

Is there a certain day of the week when fsu releases interview invites?

First off, congrats.

And yep, Pensacola campus. I have two more weeks on psych and then off to family medicine. We have 20 students at Pensacola this year. Next year's class supposedly filled it all up and actually has a waitlist. (People shift around a lot for the first few months).

There is a waitlist for a few campuses in my class (2014). Tallahassee (it seemed) wasnt that high in demand like the classes before us. Orlando is always in demand. 41 out of 121 requested Orlando, i think ~23 people got it. Sarasota is not really in high demand!! Ft. Pierce is Ft.Pierce :) Dayton is great!! (that is where I am going)

Status
Not open for further replies.