2013-2014 Loyola University (Stritch) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
still no news for anybody? what is going on??
Hi again lol. I called and spoke with admissions again today and they told me acceptance calls were made yesterday and today. They couldn't give out any additional information regarding applicants through the phone and we will have to wait until their letter comes in through the mail for an update. I find it really weird considering all the braggers on SDN that no one has posted their acceptances. I'm wondering if the interviews at this point were made just to fill their waiting list?

Members don't see this ad.

finally got the has been reviewed status today after having been complete since mid september. safe to say that im not getting an interview?

finally got the has been reviewed status today after having been complete since mid september. safe to say that im not getting an interview?

If you read back on the thread, some people with this status ended up receiving an II. Don't lose hope until a rejection email comes through!

Members don't see this ad :)
My flight has been canceled so I am stuck in DC and cannot for the life of me find a way to get to my interview on Saturday :(
Really depressing since I called and was also told that all interview spots have been filled and I would get put on a waitlist in case someone cancels from a later date.

My flight has been canceled so I am stuck in DC and cannot for the life of me find a way to get to my interview on Saturday :(
Really depressing since I called and was also told that all interview spots have been filled and I would get put on a waitlist in case someone cancels from a later date.

Oh no! I imagine you checked Greyhound and AMTRAK, right? Could you rent a car? I mean, who doesn't love a good road trip, right?

Reactions: 1 user
Oh no! I imagine you checked Greyhound and AMTRAK, right? Could you rent a car? I mean, who doesn't love a good road trip, right?
The only available trains with Amtrak would get in after 8 am so not sure how they would feel about me showing up late.
But I may have to get a seat with Greyhound if they have something that arrives early enough?

I second the car rental suggestion! You have plenty of time to get there if you hop in the car now. Plus, it will be a hell of a story for when you get home.

Reactions: 1 users
For those interviewing tomorrow (2/18), was your arrival time also changed from 8am to 10:30am via a phone call a few days ago?

I'm interviewing here in a few weeks! Any tips? Would anyone care to let me know what areas Loyola likes to stress (research, community service, clinical work, etc.)? How was the interview day? How long did it take to hear back after the interview?
Thanks in advance!

The only available trains with Amtrak would get in after 8 am so not sure how they would feel about me showing up late.
But I may have to get a seat with Greyhound if they have something that arrives early enough?
Hope it went well! :)

I'm interviewing here in a few weeks! Any tips? Would anyone care to let me know what areas Loyola likes to stress (research, community service, clinical work, etc.)? How was the interview day? How long did it take to hear back after the interview?
Thanks in advance!

Same. March 4th for me. What about you? Try looking at the school interview feedback on sdn. It might help!

Members don't see this ad :)
Denied pre-interview 33-3.6, undergrad alumni. Boooooo

it actually feels good getting rejected, or at least knowing. see loyola it isn't that difficult.

pre-interview rejection (OOS). Jay Cutler is a douche!

pre-interview rejection. 10,000 applicants with only 160 slots??? I am guessing that this is abnormally high...

Also got the double rejection haha, pre-interview 32/3.8

Are they still sending out pre-interview cuts today? Hopefully not. I received the "we have reviewed your application" status (aka the hold status) so I'm either expecting a rejection or II....

Are they still sending out pre-interview cuts today? Hopefully not. I received the "we have reviewed your application" status (aka the hold status) so I'm either expecting a rejection or II....
+1

Hey Loyola applicants!

I'm an M1 at Loyola and open to answering any questions. I have basically zero knowledge on how our application cycle has been this year. I believe they said we received a record high number of applicants? And we've interviewed some peeps and passed out some acceptances. This is the link to the ℅ 2018's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/542670629160088/

Anyways, while I can't answer any questions about the application process, I can answer questions about Loyola itself. Please PM me with any questions you may have! If you reply to my post, I'll probably check back in a couple days to answer any/all questions.

Take care and good luck!

I got the double-axe at like 10:30 this morning, so yes they were still sending out rejections today.

Does the double axe really mean that they rejected their initial rejection, and that we are thus accepted?

Finally got the axe from Loyola. Oh well, 3/4 II from instate apps ain't bad ;) Good luck to everyone else chuggin' along I wish you the best!

Seriously, you've got another fan here who's dying to know!

Yes I made it!
I went to Reagan airport on Friday at 730am and got myself on a standby list for an earlier flight.
I was able to get out of DC on a 12 noon flight! Woohoo!

Reactions: 6 users
I interviewed here today and I absolutely LOVED it. Wow. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I was completely at ease the entire time. The faculty, students, and my interviewers were all very friendly and welcoming. Stritch is definitely my top choice now - without a doubt. I'd be happy to answer questions regarding the interview day if anyone is interested.

Reactions: 5 users
I interviewed here today and I absolutely LOVED it. Wow. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I was completely at ease the entire time. The faculty, students, and my interviewers were all very friendly and welcoming. Stritch is definitely my top choice now - without a doubt. I'd be happy to answer questions regarding the interview day if anyone is interested.
That's awesome! So when did they tell you adcom was giving out the next batch of decisions?

That's awesome! So when did they tell you adcom was giving out the next batch of decisions?

For my interview date, March 17th. But I recall one of my interviewers saying the admissions committee was meeting tomorrow for the latest batch of applicants. Don't take my word for it though.

Last edited:
I am currently waiting for interview and have hold status. Would a letter of interest help? Submitted update 2 months ago.

Loyola, why do you make me love you?! Now for the excruciating wait.

Interviewing here March 4th. I'll be getting to the airport on Sunday at around 11am. Any hotel recommendations? Also, information on transportation would be highly appreciated!

Looking forward to spending a couple days in Chicago!

Interviewing here March 4th. I'll be getting to the airport on Sunday at around 11am. Any hotel recommendations? Also, information on transportation would be highly appreciated!

Looking forward to spending a couple days in Chicago!

I'd recommend the Holiday Inn Express in Hillside. It was about $100/night with all taxes included, and I believe they have a shuttle to and from O'Hare. I flew into Midway (which I would recommend), so I had to take a cab. If you take a cab, do not take one of the city cabs. They are a ripoff. Call up one of the flat rate taxi companies to come pick you up. They'll take you to Hillside for $30-$40, which is about half of what it would cost to take a city cab. The Holiday Inn Express is also nice because they have a free shuttle service which will drop you off at the medical school and bring you back to the hotel after your interview is done.

So this may be old news to some of you, but apparently our interview season will be over on Saturday, March 8.

I had a very similar experience--they've really got the interview day down!! Really crossing my fingers for an acceptance here.

I had a very similar experience--they've really got the interview day down!! Really crossing my fingers for an acceptance here.

I'm glad you liked it as much as I did! That seems to be a common theme in this thread. I hope they don't change how they structure their interview days. When did you interview?

I was planning to arrive to Chicago on Sunday at 11am but expedia messed up my ticket and cancelled it. I had to re-book another flight. Horrible service, I was in the phone with them for over 7hrs in the span of 3 days and finally booked today.

I'm scheduled to arrive to arrive to O'Hare around 4:40pm and taking a shuttle. I'm planning on staying in Holiday Inn because you all recommended it. Is there anything to do around? I wanted to try chicago style pizza and other things but I only have a very limited time since I'm leaving the next day at 6:30pm. Anyone else interviewing this March 4th? The day isn't that structured right? Can someone help me understand how the weekday interviews are? Any tips for the interview?