2018-2019 Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just gave up my seat because I got into my number 1 choice. I hope my spot goes to someone deserving. To be honest, it was a tough decision because I absolutely loved the climate of Loyola and heard extremely great things about it, but I am glad I was able to get into my top choice. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back from Loyola or other schools!
Thanks, and congrats on your top choice!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know what the average step score is for Stritch?

And also does anyone know the tuition cost for 3rd and 4th year? I know for first it says around 59k, but for some schools this changes once you get into rotations.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone hear back from financial aid?

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone received any info about scholarships? Did they already send them out with acceptances ?

What username do we use to sign up for LOCUS? It says Loyola username but I can't remember ever making one

Just came here to ask the same question

same here. I did get the financial aid email just now but can't log in to locus. Never sent instructions on getting a username.

What username do we use to sign up for LOCUS? It says Loyola username but I can't remember ever making one
Just came here to ask the same question
same here. I did get the financial aid email just now but can't log in to locus. Never sent instructions on getting a username.
It was included in the first line of my email! I had glossed over it because it was above the "Dear XXXXX" part, maybe y'all did too?

It was included in the first line of my email! I had glossed over it because it was above the "Dear XXXXX" part, maybe y'all did too?
I just got another email from helpdesk with that information.

Same re: help desk email. Anyone get scholarships? I was only offered loans :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Same re: help desk email. Anyone get scholarships? I was only offered loans :(

I got a "SSOM scholar award" for <10k but I'm assuming it's a need-based one because the total loans I was offered wouldn't cover the full COA.

I'll be withdrawing my acceptance from here; hopefully it goes to one of y'all on CC!

I also got a <10k scholarship "SSOM scholar award"? I also wonder if this is awarded yearly or not.

does Loyola offer any more opportunities for scholarships, or is what is listed in your offer the only aid you will receive?

does ur loan info show up on the same page as your scholar award?

mine does yes. It should say "SSOM scholar award" If it doesn't, then my guess is you only got offered loans

mine does yes. It should say "SSOM scholar award" If it doesn't, then my guess is you only got offered loans
No i mean I have the "SSOM scholar award"(less than $10K) but that's all that shows up. How do we know how much we got offered in loans?

No i mean I have the "SSOM scholar award"(less than $10K) but that's all that shows up. How do we know how much we got offered in loans?

Oh it should all be under the financial aid package so my assumption is that they might not have completed it yet. You can always call their office and check

Does anyone know if these ssom scholar awards are automatically renewable each year?

@dancedoc1 ya your stats probably warrant that kinda money haha. Congrats!

For those who went to the second look day, can please update us on how it went! I'm from california and unfortunately could not make it to the second look day :/

For those who went to the second look day, can please update us on how it went! I'm from california and unfortunately could not make it to the second look day :/
It was AMAZING! The sense of community, the kind/ humble people, and the support here shined the whole day! They will send anyone that could not make it info like the housing packet. I’m very excited about calling Loyola home.

Reactions: 4 users
It was AMAZING! The sense of community, the kind/ humble people, and the support here shined the whole day! They will send anyone that could not make it info like the housing packet. I’m very excited about calling Loyola home.

Same, I’m committing based on my experience! Hope what I saw was what I can expect from school

An important note from there second look that I did want to share with people, the school has switched to P/F but it’s not true P/F. 1st and second year are still internally ranked.

Does anyone know what tuition years 2-4 looks like? Loyola only provided tuition for year 1 at interview day. Most schools at which I interviewed who were transparent about tuition all 4 years saw a $20-30k hike for years 3 and 4.

If Loyola followed the same patterns of my other three, that would put Loyola at about $60,000 | $60,000 | $85,000 | $80,000 over the course of the 4 years (not including room & board, car, health insurance, etc.).

Thanks!

An important note from there second look that I did want to share with people, the school has switched to P/F but it’s not true P/F. 1st and second year are still internally ranked.
I actually talked to a first year about this and he said it is mostly for students because residencies will not understand what the ranking means. From top to bottom (from what I can remember) the rankings are superior, outstanding, excellent, great, and satisfactory. This is what’s reported to residencies and basically means nothing to them so it doesn’t hurt us in any way. He did say if someone from each category applied to the exact same program the PD may deduce the rankings but one, they’re not going to have the time to do that and two, the odds of that happening are very slim.

Does anyone know what tuition years 2-4 looks like? Loyola only provided tuition for year 1 at interview day. Most schools at which I interviewed who were transparent about tuition all 4 years saw a $20-30k hike for years 3 and 4.

If Loyola followed the same patterns of my other three, that would put Loyola at about $60,000 | $60,000 | $85,000 | $80,000 over the course of the 4 years (not including room & board, car, health insurance, etc.).

Thanks!
Financial aid said tuition remains the same.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone have any thoughts on if admissions met yesterday? And if so, are there any spots still available in the class? Thoughts/opinions are welcome

Reactions: 3 users
Just withdrew my acceptance here. Very nice school, hope it goes to one of you.

They said that 299 people have accepted their offer for the class of 2023,
Anyone have any thoughts on if admissions met yesterday? And if so, are there any spots still available in the class? Thoughts/opinions are welcome

Unfortunately there are no more spots in the class, although I don’t know if that necessarily means no acceptances will be given out this round. On 2nd look, there were 299 acceptances for a class of 165

I don't think there were 299 people who accepted a spot, but rather 299 people that were offered acceptance from the school (usually ~x2 the number of offers than matriculants is pretty typical). There will probably be movement when the "commit to enroll" function becomes available soon

I don't think there were 299 people who accepted a spot, but rather 299 people that were offered acceptance from the school (usually ~x2 the number of offers than matriculants is pretty typical). There will probably be movement when the "commit to enroll" function becomes available soon

I thought they said 347 people were offered a spot during the welcome speech though?

I remember Nabers saying 299 accepted and I also remember him saying about half have “planned to enroll” meaning almost the entire class is filled, but I could’ve just been hearing things.

I remember Nabers saying 299 accepted and I also remember him saying about half have “planned to enroll” meaning almost the entire class is filled, but I could’ve just been hearing things.

That’s true I remember the same thing. Since PTE is the amcss tool, it’s likely the other half are still undecided

Just took myself off the waitlist here to go somewhere else. Interviewed 1/15, placed on CC 3/3. Good luck everyone still on the waitlist/CC

Hey guys! Has anyone asked what the COA looks like for Loyola all 4 years. Adding up their tuition cost first year (86k) and tuition stays about the same each year, I got an estimate of 340k. Can anyone speak to whether or not this is about accurate? I just want to know that this is what other people are getting for those considering multiple schools and their cost.

That’s true I remember the same thing. Since PTE is the amcss tool, it’s likely the other half are still undecided

Just because half have chosen PTE does not necessarily mean that Stritch their front runner. To my understanding, we are supposed to select PTE for all the schools to which we have been accepted that we are considering until April 15, at which point we are only supposed to be PTE at three schools. Then, on April 30-May 1, we are supposed to only be PTE at one school, having formally withdrawn (email) from all our other schools at which we hold acceptances. We do not have choose "commit to enroll” until the school tells us we have to, and especially if we are on waitlists at other programs that we would rather go to over our only remaining PTE as choosing “commit to enroll” will take you off all waitlists. The only time at which we can swap over to another school is if we are taken of the waitlist at our top choice after May 1st (again, only if we have left our remaining school at PTE over "commit to enroll").

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys! Has anyone asked what the COA looks like for Loyola all 4 years. Adding up their tuition cost first year (86k) and tuition stays about the same each year, I got an estimate of 340k. Can anyone speak to whether or not this is about accurate? I just want to know that this is what other people are getting for those considering multiple schools and their cost.

I would estimate your living expenses as well. The 86k would be if you took your full PLUS loan out which definitely is not smart. I’m hoping to be around 65-70k after everything (living expenses, personal, etc).