Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM) Discussion Thread 2014 – 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There are Plenty left, I'm guesstimating but from experience and what we were told: 162 person class and there have been 5 interview groups to date. Something like 2/3 from the first groups got accepted, less after that maybe. They're gonna give out at minimum 2x their class size worth of acceptances which is the de facto amount for many schools.
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm super nervous about my interview in two weeks. For those accepted, any pointers for the interview? I'm an introvert so it takes me some time to think and then generate a good answer. I'm average with interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm super nervous about my interview in two weeks. For those accepted, any pointers for the interview? I'm an introvert so it takes me some time to think and then generate a good answer. I'm average with interviews.
Don't listen to me, I felt like this:

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys. Im interviewing here Friday. I cant seem to find the email with the link for the itinerary info and all that. The one that Linda emailed to us. Can someone send me the link? I have my login info... just not the link with the directions and etc. I would really appreciate it!

The interview process was just like any other interview. One of my interviewers was really kind and friendly while the other was more 'straight to the business' kind lol I got blessed with my first acceptance from this school and super excited =)

Accepted!!! Interviewed 10/3. I didn't expect to hear anything until next week! :hardy:

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats guys! Is there an FB group floating around?

Really hoping to get some attention from this amazing school!

If there are any recently admitted students to give some description of Dothan? I live in east county San Diego which is a very western-esque town with a southern vibe so the Dothan community doesn't seem to far from home!

Hello! I'm from San Diego area (specifically Vista) and I'm a first year. Dothan is really a nice town. Everything you really need is right in town and if you want to go do some fun stuff (assuming you have extra time) there are some places not too far away. There are a lot of differences, but having grown up in Southern California, it's not bad at all.

ok last minute question considering I am in my hotel room about to go to sleep for my interview tomorrow, did ladies carry purses with them? my suit does not have pockets and I need my phone so I can call a ride at the end. also, I didn't bring a notepad because at my last interview they were more of an inconvenience, should i go and get one in the AM?

You could just hold your phone if you'd like or bring a purse also. You will be in a conference room most of the time so you can leave your purse in the room as well when you go up for your interview. They will provide you with a folder of info and notepad.

Good luck tomorrow! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
You could just hold your phone if you'd like or bring a purse also. You will be in a conference room most of the time so you can leave your purse in the room as well when you go up for your interview. They will provide you with a folder of info and notepad.

Good luck tomorrow! :)
Thanks! I am excited and nervous. Drove by the school today and its gorgeous! I am excited to go inside and see what its like :) Any last minute words of wisdom?

Thanks! I am excited and nervous. Drove by the school today and its gorgeous! I am excited to go inside and see what its like :) Any last minute words of wisdom?

Be yourself. The day is super relaxed and all of the staff is there to help. Ask questions!

Anyone else hear back from the 10/3 interview? I only saw two acceptances.

Last edited:
Anyone else hear back from the 10/3 interview? I only saw two acceptances.
I was accepted from the 10/3 group!! :D I legit couldn't stop smiling for like an hour haha. Congrats to everyone else and good luck to those of you still waiting/interviewing!!

Can anyone repeat what Dr. Reynolds told us AFTER he told us that we were accepted? I was too excited and didn't hear a word.:wacky: Are we getting information via mail or email or something?

Interviewed on 10/3. Received a call from Dr. Reynolds yesterday with an acceptance. Stats are 3.39cGPA/3.2sGPA/27 mcat 10p,8v,9b. Nontraditional, OOS, removed from school 3 years, 1 year working experience as EMT and urgent care scribe.
Good luck to everyone else who is applying!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Can anyone repeat what Dr. Reynolds told us AFTER he told us that we were accepted? I was too excited and didn't hear a word.:wacky: Are we getting information via mail or email or something?
I'm on the same boat. Everything felt like a blur. I vaguely remember hearing we are supposed to get an email and snail mail to follow.

I know some of your faces now...

I'm on the same boat. Everything felt like a blur. I vaguely remember hearing we are supposed to get an email and snail mail to follow.
He said we will get an email and a letter of acceptance. Later we will get an email with more details of what to do next

I interviewed 10/3. Got on here yesterday and was disappointed that I didn't get a phone call and was expecting to be waitlisted BUT today at 4:30 I received my acceptance email!! I never had a missed call though. So excited and thankful to have been accepted

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed 10/3. Got on here yesterday and was disappointed that I didn't get a phone call and was expecting to be waitlisted BUT today at 4:30 I received my acceptance email!! I never had a missed call though. So excited and thankful to have been accepted
They said they will try to call all before the emails go out but don't get to sometimes.
I think Dr. Reynolds get fun out of calling people with acceptances. Who wouldn't? =]

Was wondering if anyone on here was from the 10/10 interview? If so what are your names so we can see if we recognize each other now. I'm Jason, the one from California.
I was the older guy w grey hair, James.

Just canceled my interview for Dec 12th if anyone wants to go to the interview scheduler & steal that spot. Good luck, guys!

How long did it take you guys to hear anything in regards to II after you were complete?

Is a email saying they received your supplemental the same thing as being complete? Instate applicant here.

Was wondering if anyone on here was from the 10/10 interview? If so what are your names so we can see if we recognize each other now. I'm Jason, the one from California.

I was the one from Berkeley, CA

Has anyone received an interview invite recently??

I submitted my secondary app in early September but because of lack of DO letter, I was able to submit my DO letter on Oct 13th, 2014. I have emailed them notifying that I have submitted my DO letter...but haven't got any response. Should I call them to see if they have received my letter?

Just emailed ACOM declining my acceptance, and I hope one of you is able to snag my seat. Good luck to everyone the rest of the cycle!

Surely I'm not the only interviewee from 10/10 nervously anticipating tomorrow...

Reactions: 1 users
I thought it was supposed to be today!??
i was hoping for today, but it looks like only one group found out the following Thursday. Most others found out the Friday after. Only one group had to wait, and apparently much of the admissions office was out of town a few days during that week.

I was the one from Berkeley, CA
I'm the brown guy from Michigan. Also totally dig that profile picture. Huge korra fan.

Last edited:
I'm from 10/10 but would rather remain anonymous :)

i was hoping for today, but it looks like only one group found out the following Thursday. Most others found out the Friday after. Only one group had to wait, and apparently much of the admissions office was out of town a few days during that week.
Oh man I thought Friday would be out of the question since they are busy with interviews, now I am going to be nervous all day!!

If interviews are being conducted today, then I'd guess we wouldn't hear anything until after 3pm or so.
Oh man I thought Friday would be out of the question since they are busy with interviews, now I am going to be nervous all day!!
Didn't mean for that, but it does look like that has been the typical time frame so far. It is getting further into the cycle however, and they may need a bit more time.