Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As long as they have an Olive Garden I will be a happy camper.

Chic fila for me

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
+100
Chick fil a changes lives

Reactions: 1 user
Gotta love that 'bama weather!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    467 KB · Views: 71
I guess I'm the dissenting opinion....nothing for me at chick-fil-a I guess. I'm a vegetarian, and I have GERD so even the lemonade is out lol.

I believe there a salad at chick fil a..

Random question...does anyone know if there is a place to hang up garment bags on an airplane?

Random question...does anyone know if there is a place to hang up garment bags on an airplane?

I'm gonna say no. I'm folding mine and steaming it in the hotel room the night before.

Heck no! But a nice suit bag should fold securely and keep your clothes looking sharp. And Ill bet your hotel will have a steamer for a last minute touch up if you ask.

Yes, it's at the very front of the plane, sometimes its reserved for first class but if you explain the situation to the flight attendant as you board they will put it in there for you. I have also just stuck it my garment bag in there as I walked by and they didn't say anything.

Yes, it's at the very front of the plane, sometimes its reserved for first class but if you explain the situation to the flight attendant as you board they will put it in there for you. I have also just stuck it my garment bag in there as I walked by and they didn't say anything.

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there an thriving/established "non-trad" community? Have you noticed many students with families/children?

There are plenty!! I'm married but don't have any kids. t I know tons of students do!

Is there an thriving/established "non-trad" community? Have you noticed many students with families/children?
there are lots of us non-trad. I am 36 and had my own construction business before med school. I'm married with a 16 month old son. I know there are students from age 21-50 in the current 1st year class. They are from all different backgrounds. We also have a student advocates group that hosts get togethers, dinners, and other events for spouses.

I have never had it! That's a must try for this weekend.
wait...never? where are you from? its pretty great stuff. i recommend the nuggets or reg chicken sandwich as your first venture in. make sure to get some chik-fil-a sauce for dipping.

wait...never? where are you from? its pretty great stuff. i recommend the nuggets or reg chicken sandwich as your first venture in. make sure to get some chik-fil-a sauce for dipping.
I am from dumb old Michigan and we don't have it here! Don't worry, it's going to be my first stop on the road trip from ATL to Dothan

I am from dumb old Michigan and we don't have it here! Don't worry, it's going to be my first stop on the road trip from ATL to Dothan

No Chick-Fil-A in Michigan? Wow, scratch those residencies off the list, lol

Sounds like a great opportunity for a franchise.

Sent from my LG-D950 using SDN mobile

For real? Lol. You must try it then. My house is 30 min away from it but I still drive and buy food from it every Tuesday

BREAKING NEWS. Just found out there is a new Chick Fil A at Detroit airport. Guess what I am getting before the flight to ATL on Thursday!?

Reactions: 2 users
BREAKING NEWS. Just found out there is a new Chick Fil A at Detroit airport. Guess what I am getting before the flight to ATL on Thursday!?
Great! Get your Chik-Fil-A fix in detroit. Have some REAL fried chix in Dothan.

Great! Get your Chik-Fil-A fix in detroit. Have some REAL fried chix in Dothan.

Nothing better than southern homestyle cooking...well maybe some southwest food, but it's definitely close

So when are you guys and gals meeting up for dinner?

What about 7:30 Thursday night? I will let some current students suggest a place, if @hiijakd has any suggestions! I am going to bring my mom with me if y'all don't mind. She's not like a regular mom, she's a cool mom.

Reactions: 3 users
Full Moon BBQ looks yummy af.

What about 7:30 Thursday night? I will let some current students suggest a place, if @hiijakd has any suggestions! I am going to bring my mom with me if y'all don't mind. She's not like a regular mom, she's a cool mom.

Aw man I wish I knew we were bringing moms. She would've loved to come!

there are lots of us non-trad. I am 36 and had my own construction business before med school. I'm married with a 16 month old son. I know there are students from age 21-50 in the current 1st year class. They are from all different backgrounds. We also have a student advocates group that hosts get togethers, dinners, and other events for spouses.
Thank you for sharing this! I have a couple of more questions re: the same topic. If you're available and willing, I'd love to get your opinion on them? No worries if things are getting too busy, I totally understand.

Thank you for sharing this! I have a couple of more questions re: the same topic. If you're available and willing, I'd love to get your opinion on them? No worries if things are getting too busy, I totally understand.
Shoot me a pm

Definitely need to get Full Moon's famous half moon cookies so we should totally eat there

Ok I am down. Full Moon at like 7:30? Anyone can PM me if they need deets or want to exchange numbers!

I have to suggest Firestone Pizza & Grill if you're going out to eat.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
You guys are super fun. I wish I was interviewing with you guys this week! :(

Reactions: 2 users
I tend to be the event planner of any group I am in haha. Don't worry, if we all end up at ACOM we can all be fun together!

Reactions: 4 users
Hopefully hear something this week...

Good luck to everyone interviewing Friday! Can't wait to hear about it.

Anyone have any idea when the next round of decisions is coming out?

Decisions? you mean about acceptances? I don't think we've even interviewed our first group yet.

I believe they are referring to the next round of interview invites.

They did mention hearing back from them within three weeks in their complete emails.

Yeah I meant interviews, my bad! And yeah the email said three weeks, but it seems like they're coming out in batches so I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything

I haven't heard much from any school, as far as formal invites, on any of these threads. My guess is that this is a very busy week for all medical schools since they are starting class.