Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sounds pretty standard for a new school, I'll be surprised if it isn't in the 90's next year

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Do they tell you what our board pass rate is? Just asking because they never told us what it is. I think 90% of us had some type of board prep program that we used for boards and the majority had multiple programs. I think the biggest difference will be having students in the classes above you to give advice in real time as to when to start studying and what to study. The COMLEX exams are worse then the MCAT about only testing how good someone is at taking a test vs their actual knowledge, that is why test prep is so important. I'm glad they are planning on doing something about that.

Yeah I was very concerned about the board pass rate that's why I asked my interviewer what the school plan to do in the future. All 3 of my interviewers said that the school just bought some type of prep programs that will implement the year we go to school to increase our board pass rate. They seems pretty confident that board rate will goes up this year and next

Entering this party, submitted on 8/18.

Edit: 3 days later!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Femmegoblue is a nervous baker, and I am a nervous canner. Why yes, this is nearly 3 gallons of fresh spaghetti sauce :)
14039942_10206925506963707_2886189985015555639_n.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Femmegoblue is a nervous baker, and I am a nervous canner. Why yes, this is nearly 3 gallons of fresh spaghetti sauce :)
14039942_10206925506963707_2886189985015555639_n.jpg

:OOOOOOOOOOOOO
It looks so good I can actually smell it. #DatTalent.
Good luck to both of us getting in here :p

II just now!!!!!! Very exciting!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Scheduled interview: 10/14, Interview Invite: 8/22 , complete on 8/18. PM for stats.

Last edited:
II just now!!!!!! Very exciting! However has anyone had trouble scheduling their interview, I had two options neither of which were my name (already emailed ACOM).
Wait, what do you mean none of them were your name?

Members don't see this ad :)
II just now!!!!!! Very exciting! However has anyone had trouble scheduling their interview, I had two options neither of which were my name (already emailed ACOM).

Congrats! When were you complete?

I believe you need to pick the ACOM committee option?
Congrats!

Dam this is depressing. I'm complete so early and haven't heard anything back which makes this process even harder :(

Out of curiosity, what is the earliest interview date for those who just received II's?

Just got my first II !!! BEYOND Excited!!

I submitted on 8/9, had an issue with one of my letters and got a confirmed complete e-mail on 8/18.

II today (8/22).

Reactions: 4 users
II today. OOS LM = 63. Complete in early August.

Just got the official acceptance snail mail letter! Definitely just put it up on my fridge...

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know anything about the residency/match list for ACOM? meaning typically what graduates match into... I believe ACOM has had 1 or 2 graduated classes right? Correct me if I'm wrong..

Anyone know anything about the residency/match list for ACOM? meaning typically what graduates match into... I believe ACOM has had 1 or 2 graduated classes right? Correct me if I'm wrong..
Actually, their first class graduates in May 2017

I'm interested to see how the first class does.

I believe the match rate will be fantastic also. I believe it will be equal to CUSOM or MUCOM as well.

I really hope so! I mean I know that how you do on your own exams and rotations and whatnot will effect your match possibilities - but having good match diversity (anes., surg, ortho,) other than just FM/IM will definitely be a motivating factor to attend. I am fine with being an IM/FM but I would like to keep the options open. Hope I don't sound arrogant saying that...
I'm sure the match rates will be fantastic. Dean lenz has so much experience with the guidance of new schools

I really hope so! I mean I know that how you do on your own exams and rotations and whatnot will effect your match possibilities - but having good match diversity (anes., surg, ortho,) other than just FM/IM will definitely be a motivating factor to attend. I am fine with being an IM/FM but I would like to keep the options open. Hope I don't sound arrogant saying that...

I'm very interested in infectious disease lol. So IM is good for me haha. just my 0.02 cent, but I think there will be good diversity.

II scheduled for Oct 28th! Trying to figure out how to get there, is anyone thinking of flying to Tallahassee and driving to Dothan? Does anyone want to split a rental car?

II scheduled for Oct 28th! Trying to figure out how to get there, is anyone thinking of flying to Tallahassee and driving to Dothan? Does anyone want to split a rental car?

I'd recommend flying to atlanta and driving an extra hour. I'll save about 200$ off the flight by doing that.

I'd recommend flying to atlanta and driving an extra hour. I'll save about 200$ off the flight by doing that.
That what I did. I drove 3 hours 30 min from Atlanta to Dothan. Easy drive though.

Guys - check out flying into Panama City, it is only a 80 mile drive from there. Straight shot as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile