Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Flight officially booked! Wheels up to Dothan :)

Where are y'all staying?

I'm probably going to fly to Panama City or Tallahassee and rent a car the rest of the way. Don't want to have to get on a small ass death trap plane lol I hate flying

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the last August 5th date. I'll be flying into Atlanta and driving in.

I'm probably going to fly to Panama City or Tallahassee and rent a car the rest of the way. Don't want to have to get on a small ass death trap plane lol I hate flying

Doing the same. Only ~ 1.5 hr drive. Reasonable.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Flight officially booked! Wheels up to Dothan :)

Where are y'all staying?
I'm hitting up the LaQuinta. Close to ACOM, has a gym, pool, and complementary breakfast.

U guys make me want to change back to 8/5 to meet all of ya.
I have ii at lecom for july 29 lol. It gonna be a full busy week

@lnguyen1412 I feel like we could just carpool together through interview season :p.

August 5th is gonna be interesting. The question is who is going to expose themselves 1st?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
@lnguyen1412 I feel like we could just carpool together through interview season together :p.

August 5th is gonna be interesting. The question is who is going to expose themselves 1st?
Im driving early from B-Ham if anyone is interested. Using a family car, so the only cost will be gas.

On the interview side- I dont think they are group interviews. Does anyone else have an idea of what the format is like?

Im driving early from B-Ham if anyone is interested. Using a family car, so the only cost will be gas.

On the interview side- I dont think they are group interviews. Does anyone else have an idea of what the format is like?

Open file individual 30 minutes

Alabama is too far from California lol. I have to book an airplane.
Unless they give out name tag, you guys won't figure out who I am haha. My name is so obvious already

Open file: yes. But to clarify, the interview is two-on-one.

That's too I forgot to include. Hopefully they don't fry us lol

They give out name tags lol, very large ones to be exact.

ADVICE TO ALL: Be ready for ethical questions! When answering, always keep the patient/future patients best interest in mind.

They give out name tags lol, very large ones to be exact.

ADVICE TO ALL: Be ready for ethical questions! When answering, always keep the patient/future patients best interest in mind.

So, do they fry us on our files?

Having a hard time deciding between pant suit or skirt suit. If I go with skirt do I wear nylons??? Ahhh!

Having a hard time deciding between pant suit or skirt suit. If I go with skirt do I wear nylons??? Ahhh!

I am wearing a skirt suit because I feel more comfortable in that. Also, 100% yes to nylons. I will be wearing sheer nude ones. Don't wear those nude tights that look like you belong on broadway with some character shoes lol.

Reactions: 2 users
I am wearing a skirt suit because I feel more comfortable in that. Also, 100% yes to nylons. I will be wearing sheer nude ones. Don't wear those nude tights that look like you belong on broadway with some character shoes lol.
Now I feel lucky to be a guy lol. Good luck to all

I'll be doing skirt as well! From Michigan and feel too hot there in the summer, can't even imagine the southern summer heat

Just booked my hotel! I'm staying at the Holiday Inn. I'm excited! :cool:

II yesterday and interview scheduled for Aug. 5th. Sounds like I will see everyone there.

Join the club! I am staying until the next day, so maybe we can all go grab a drink or dinner later that night :)

Apparently they sent me a secondary a while ago but I never got the email. Will be submitting secondary tonight.

How do you guys flight to ACOM? Tell me route.

So jealous of you guys, good luck!

For those of you looking for a place to stay in Dothan, don't forget about Airbnb. Great way to save money and get to know more about the town from people who live in Dothan.

It's actually a bit shorter of a drive to drive from Atlanta (about 3 hours on the schnoz) than from Birmingham. I'd imagine that you can get some cheap flights there no matter where you are flying from. When I interviewed back in the glory years I flew into Dothan with frequent flyer miles, so I got lucky.

I was wondering if anyone who applied in June did not get an interview. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful to get the II, but it seems like everyone in our cohort got the interview.

How do you guys flight to ACOM? Tell me route.
There are 2 routes suggested, so pick one:
1) Fly to Atlanta, and take a connecting flight to Dothan.
2) Fly to Panama City in Florida, and drive to Dothan from there via rental car.

Hey interviewers! I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but remember to account for time zone differences when traveling if that is applicable to you. Also, if anyone has interview questions for me, let me know! I just did this process a year ago, and I'll be moving down to Dothan this Thursday! If anyone needs any suggestions or help, hit me up! ;)

Reactions: 2 users
Hey interviewers! I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but remember to account for time zone differences when traveling if that is applicable to you. Also, if anyone has interview questions for me, let me know! I just did this process a year ago, and I'll be moving down to Dothan this Thursday! If anyone needs any suggestions or help, hit me up! ;)
The time zone changes from ATL to Dothan, right? I will be flying into ATL, so when I cross into CTS, I will gain and hour and vice versa?

There are 2 routes suggested, so pick one:
1) Fly to Atlanta, and take a connecting flight to Dothan.
2) Fly to Panama City in Florida, and drive to Dothan from there via rental car.

Isn't that a good thing ;)

Just went suit shopping for like 4 hours. What a miserable experience. Now time to find shoes...

Just to clarify, we can expect our interviews to be traditional 2 on 1, open file. Correct?

Flight and rental car are booked! Will be booking hotel today. I'm leaving Saturday morning so I would love to have dinner with you all after our interviews!

I'll be the nerd with my mom there, but I wanna do dinner too!