Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, how soon after having your application verified did you get a secondary from ACOM? My application was verified on 7/12 and I still have not received a secondary. I have received some secondaries from other universities.

I got the secondary like 8-9 days after I was verified.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, how soon after having your application verified did you get a secondary from ACOM? My application was verified on 7/12 and I still have not received a secondary. I have received some secondaries from other universities.

I submitted AACOMAS to ACOM on the July 10th, received secondary on 11th, submitted it on 12th and received "secondary received email" on 15th. Waiting for "your app is complete" email.

I submitted AACOMAS to ACOM on the July 10th, received secondary on 11th, submitted it on 12th and received "secondary received email" on 15th. Waiting for "your app is complete" email.
got the secondary complete on the 11th and still waiting for complete email

Members don't see this ad :)
got the secondary complete on the 11th and still waiting for complete email

fingers crossed we hear back this week with the complete email. did u submit your letter through aacomas or interfolio?

any recommendations on which car rental company is the most affordable/least hassle at ATL? I almost pressed the button to rent through hotwire, but I've heard some bad stories regarding Budget and didn't want to chance getting them as a company. ):

any recommendations on which car rental company is the most affordable/least hassle at ATL? I almost pressed the button to rent through hotwire, but I've heard some bad stories regarding Budget and didn't want to chance getting them as a company. ):
I grabbed a good deal through Priceline. Sign up through USAA to waive the under 25 fee!

I grabbed a good deal through Priceline. Sign up through USAA to waive the under 25 fee!

thank you! I'm not under 25, but you're sweet. ;)
and y'all are young'uns! can't wait to meet all of you on august 5th.

thank you! I'm not under 25, but you're sweet. ;)
and y'all are young'uns! can't wait to meet all of you on august 5th.
I say we hit up a bbq place with a bar + tv and watch the opening ceremonies Friday night!

Reactions: 2 users
I say we hit up a bbq place with a bar + tv and watch the opening ceremonies Friday night!

I am so down! also.. anyone know if there's any possibility of finding fried alligator around Dothan? :D

I am so down! also.. anyone know if there's any possibility of finding fried alligator around Dothan? :D
You're in the right state of mind to be seriously considering living in this region for a couple of years!

Reactions: 1 users
You're in the right state of mind to be seriously considering living in this region for a couple of years!

I'm going to take this as assent to accompanying me finding fried alligator. ;)

I'm going to take this as assent to accompanying me finding fried alligator. ;)
One day, perhaps! My 3 y/o and I are staying with family in Birmingham so I wont have much (any) time to hang out post interview. If we end up in the Class of 2021 together then definitely count me in for some gator tail!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
All this talk is making me so excited!!! I can't believe we interview so soon. We could possibly know in like a month whether or not we will be doctors in 4 years. So unreal.

All this talk is making me so excited!!! I can't believe we interview so soon. We could possibly know in like a month whether or not we will be doctors in 4 years. So unreal.
THE 5TH CANNOT COME SOON ENOUGH! :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Highly recommend reading "The Medical School Interview: Winning Strategies From Admissions Faculty" by Samir Desai and Ranjani Katta. It was recommended to me by another SDNer and it is extremely helpful!! Definitely going to be referring back to it when preparing for this interview.

Where can I find this book?

Highly recommend reading "The Medical School Interview: Winning Strategies From Admissions Faculty" by Samir Desai and Ranjani Katta. It was recommended to me by another SDNer and it is extremely helpful!! Definitely going to be referring back to it when preparing for this interview.

Interview invite! Scheduled for August 19th!

Reactions: 3 users
Interview scheduled for August 12th! So excited!!

Still haven't received a complete email and my secondary was received on the 11th. Sent everything through AACOMAS hopefully they received it

Got an interview and did the first date that is still available, august 12th it is!

Last edited:
Second II!!!!! Cannot wait. who's coming on the 26th like me?

Can someone explain why interviews are abbreviated with the roman numeral II on here??

Can someone explain why interviews are abbreviated with the roman numeral II on here??

I actually never understood.. I feel like one person started it and now everyone does it lol

Lol if anyone knows the answer please share.
It's not roman numeral 2, it's two capital I's, standing for Interview Invite. Technically, it should be I.I. to be slightly less confusing.

It's not roman numeral 2, it's two capital I's, standing for Interview Invite. Technically, it should be I.I. to be slightly less confusing.
Ooooohhhhh
I knew that :whistle:

Congrats to everyone who received IIs today!! So exciting!

Congrats to all that got interviews today. Super bummed I didn't get one. Do you guys mind sharing your stats and timeline info. That would be greatly appreciated! This is my top choice! I just want an II

Man people are already getting interview invites and I cant even get a secondary yet

Ok guys this is weird...I just received an email saying that ACOM has received my supplemental application but I never filled one out? I'm so lost.

Congrats on everyone getting interviews today!! Would anyone who got interviews today mind sharing when they received the application complete email?

Ok guys this is weird...I just received an email saying that ACOM has received my supplemental application but I never filled one out? I'm so lost.
Yeah you are!

Same here! I thought I was going crazy! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Same here! I thought I was going crazy! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Ditto this. I just emailed them to see what this means... perhaps it was actually supposed to be a secondary invite? I am very interested to hear what they have to say...

Ditto this. I just emailed them to see what this means... perhaps it was actually supposed to be a secondary invite? I am very interested to hear what they have to say...

I received it as well! I emailed them and they replied back stating they were checking into it and will respond back soon. Glad I wasn't the only one!

Congrats on everyone getting interviews today!! Would anyone who got interviews today mind sharing when they received the application complete email?

II today for the 19th! Got the app complete email on 7/12

I received it as well! I emailed them and they replied back stating they were checking into it and will respond back soon. Glad I wasn't the only one!

I just received a secondary. Must have been a mistake.

Any one know what the post interview acceptance rate is?

For those of you who got an interview congrats! When did you guys submit your secondaries?